NUFC v Huddersfield - 13 August @ 3pm

Happy Face

Predict The Score  

40 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Even less confident than I was pre Fulham.

We are vulnerable at the back, not creative in midfield and weak up front. They say you should start with a good spine. We are spineless.

We'll do well to get mid table if things don't change.

Still need several quality 1st 11 additions.

I must say I'm quite surprised we have started the season so on the back foot.

I would definitely have Tiote Sisokko and Mbemba back in for Saturday for starters.

sissoko won't start as he's away. mbemba should start ahead of hanley.

shelvey and aarons should both start. there's a case for giving armstrong a run ahead of perez, who was very poor against fulham.

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sissoko won't start as he's away. mbemba should start ahead of hanley.

shelvey and aarons should both start. there's a case for giving armstrong a run ahead of perez, who was very poor against fulham.

I just can't get away with Shelvey. Think he thinks he's a lot better than he is. Can't stand the way he loses possession, stops, bends over for a few seconds before getting back in the game. Also think the handbags he gets involved with are very amateurish.

I just can't get away with Shelvey. Think he thinks he's a lot better than he is. Can't stand the way he loses possession, stops, bends over for a few seconds before getting back in the game. Also think the handbags he gets involved with are very amateurish.

And you want to play Sissoko? :lol:

Not for me, they both tend to shirk in the effort department but Shelvey has the potential to put through a good ball even when he's being lazy, Sissoko does fuck all in his lazy games.

i agree. his work rate is pathetic but he can pass the ball forwards. there was no other midfield player in the side against fulham able or prepared to do that until he came on.

Agree to an extent with CT re: Shelvey but would play him for his creativity as he's comfortably the best passer we have in midfield.

Think it would be rash to make wholesale changes with too many swaps for the second game on the basis of underperformance. If Rafa has given them a bollocking and made it clear the standard he expects then they should get the chance to react. If you rush into dropping players and the replacements don't make a big difference (I didn't see a big improvement after changes during the game on Friday) then you have no legroom to make further changes and you've fucked off your whole squad after 2 games.

Most I would do is bring in the new signing. Diame for Colback.

We controlled the game for the most part, just lacked any incisiveness around the box. At home we'd have got those decisions and been more attacking with the same players.

Might be worth having MS in the squad, one of the last real chances he's got to con some bigger club to come sniffing about him? Conversely, it's the one of the last real chances to pick up an injury that'll deter some bigger club from sniffing about him.

fuck it, stick him as a carpark attendant, he's got the cheery disposition for it.

He's going neewhere man, the RM etc links were all by his agent. If anyone had wanted him they would have bid on him by now, he's in the Championship and they'll have sharp forgotten about his overrated performances at the Euros (overrated as despite all that running about he didn't contribute much). He'll be sulking about the pitch against Rotherham later on this season and we'll all be moaning about what a cunt he is.

This will be an interesting game, I didn't see their game vs Brentford but it certainly seems Wagner is having a very positive effect on the Huddersfield players, obviously a Dortmund man he's from the same school of thought as Klopp (who wanted him as No2 at Liverpool), so whilst they've already got decent talent in Wells, apparently Joe Lolley has come on quite a bit too - pacey right winger anyone? Also Hefele is supposed to be a beast of a centre half but wait and see.

We should beat them & I'd expect Gayle's pace to be important as I think we'll be playing on the break, looking to exploit a supposedly high line, I can't see them being scared of us & we'll need to be patient I imagine. I'd also like to think they crumble in front of the crowd but that rarely ever happens. 

No ones really interested in that shite anyway, pints and now they've got flags. Gonna have a look along if I can :up:

(2-1 btw)

We should beat them

Why should we? We need to collectively get shot of this like.  We've been rancid since forever.  When (if) we start looking a decent team then we can give it a bit but until then let's be humble, please.  There is fuck all reason why we should be anything else.  Rafa has proven nothing, our owner is still a cunt.

Sels

Janmaat           Lascalles   Mbemba/Clark      Gamez

Hayden          Shelvey

Ritchie                     Diame                      Aarons

Gayle/Perez

Why should we? We need to collectively get shot of this like.  We've been rancid since forever.  When (if) we start looking a decent team then we can give it a bit but until then let's be humble, please.  There is fuck all reason why we should be anything else.  Rafa has proven nothing, our owner is still a cunt.

Trophyshy with the truth bombs.

:lol:

I can see this side tbf.

Sels

Janmaat Lascalles Mbemba/Clark Gamez

Hayden Shelvey

Ritchie Diame Aarons

Gayle/Perez

That looks much better than what we saw on Friday

It'd be nice to put out a statement to the rest of the division. Brush away the Fulham defeat as an early season blip and put 4 or 5 past them. Let everyone know that the champions elect mean business.

Another cagey affair will set the wrong tone