Ineffectual Cocksnot Gargling Fuckpigs V Cheltenham - EFL Cup 2016/17 - 2nd Round / 23 August

Anorthernsoul

Make a Prediction  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

:lol:

I think KCG has had 0-0 in every game so far. Maybe there's a defined strategy there about the laws of averages suggesting that it's the most common result, or at least caters for the most common individual score per team?

It's more an experiment than a strategy. That combined with my feelings of how shit I am at predicting scores.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's more an experiment than a strategy. That combined with my feelings of how shit I am at predicting scores.

What are you hoping to discover?

What are you hoping to discover?

How accurate football predictions are in comparison to just sticking to the same ground zero score. Do you get extra points for predicting the correct full score line or just a point for correct NUFC score and point for correct opponent score.

One for each. I do think you'll have some success with this but it could also depend on the style of play we adopt. If we're cavalier and attacking then it'll probably not be so successful. If we keep it tight I think you'll win :lol:

One for each. I do think you'll have some success with this but it could also depend on the style of play we adopt. If we're cavalier and attacking then it'll probably not be so successful. If we keep it tight I think you'll win :lol:

I think you should get an extra point for the correct score.

I think you should get an extra point for the correct score.

My sheet is fairly comprehensive, so that shouldn't be a problem to sort out.

Mind you the score has only been predicted correctly twice in 160 guesses so far

My sheet is fairly comprehensive, so that shouldn't be a problem to sort out.

Mind you the score has only been predicted correctly twice in 160 guesses so far

That's my point, kind of, it's all just pure guestimation I have simply gone for the lowest common denominator.

How radically would the change alter the scoring mechanism? Also, how aggravated would it make CT?

The change KCG proposed to my sheet? No real difference to be honest, like I said, there's only been 2 correct scoreline guesses so far. CT won't get aggravated, he'll complain but add a winky smiley to cover his own back in case something changes in the future.

;)

How accurate football predictions are in comparison to just sticking to the same ground zero score. Do you get extra points for predicting the correct full score line or just a point for correct NUFC score and point for correct opponent score.

My mate did something similar but with goalscoring... he's an ex Southampton ST holder and a few years back he sussed that poor old Dean Richards was good for a fair few goals per season and was never below 10/1....so he stuck £10 on Deano for first and last goalscorer every game and came out the season after about 10 goals 1k to the good :good:

My mate did something similar but with goalscoring... he's an ex Southampton ST holder and a few years back he sussed that poor old Dean Richards was good for a fair few goals per season and was never below 10/1....so he stuck £10 on Deano for first and last goalscorer every game and came out the season after about 10 goals 1k to the good :good:

Might give that a try with Mr Diame

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

The change KCG proposed to my sheet? No real difference to be honest, like I said, there's only been 2 correct scoreline guesses so far. CT won't get aggravated, he'll complain but add a winky smiley to cover his own back in case something changes in the future.

;)

I guess if HF okays it then sure. Seems fair at least.

Or are you administering this? I've lost track of who has ultimate ownership of it :lol:

Edited by Rayvin

I guess if HF okays it then sure. Seems fair at least.

Or are you administering this? I've lost track of who has ultimate ownership of it :lol:

:dunno:  He's doing more of the actual work and should receive more credit, but I'm running something alongside it. 

Basically he's doing an uncluttered pts tally, I've a large unwieldy spreadsheet that should mean if I keep filling it in throughout the season I can track people's predictions and see how they change. I can see what the avg home/away prediction is, the person who predicts the most goals (CT), the person who predicts the least (KCG) and how that scans with their chat on the forum.

So you're running an elaborate research project that you're going to use to bat CT over the head with for his lack of consistency in arguments.

That's superb. :lol:

I'll submit my findings to the British Psychoanalytic Society and hopefully, with their assistance, help him manage his condition.

Edited by The Fish

If we stick to the plan then I won't have to change my sheet and we could call it a bonus round.  There's no money on the line either way and Fish's spreadsheet can do it, so I'll just keep the table updated with the scored/conceded tally. And fish can hoy up the bonus round totals whenever he fancies.

So you're running an elaborate research project that you're going to use to bat CT over the head with for his lack of consistency in arguments.

That's superb. :lol:

tbf, CT is taking the same highly consistent approach to his predictions as KCG. The lubbock is consistently selecting 4+ goals, though, the other end of the spectrum.

..because he thinks we won't do well.

Not at all as long as it's backdated to include my correct prediction :)

Which prediction do you think has been incorrectly recorded like?

Well there was my prediction when the poll had been missed off.

And I've also had a correct result so if we are handing out extra points for that.....

Which one is that though

I've recorded your correct scoreline, we're not doing extra points for getting the result right.