Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

Huh, fair enough to them then. Sounds like they've got an effective system.

I'd imagine it's the back end of the season when they slow down though. Gegenpressing over 46 games plus cups must surely take it out of you.

They've been bottom half since they were promoted in 2012. Wagner is a student of Klopp and they'v bought a couple of German players who're used to that focussed energy pressing game (gegenpressing), they've also picked upa couple of domestic players who've got the energy levels to play it. Nakhi Wells is a decent striker at this level and I like van La Parra (even though he's apparently the halfbrother of a certain gutless Dutch midfielder who fucked off to Liverpool).

Don't be giving this stuff away for free. Make him listen to the podcast for this sort of insight.

Huh, fair enough to them then. Sounds like they've got an effective system.

I'd imagine it's the back end of the season when they slow down though. Gegenpressing over 46 games plus cups must surely take it out of you.

They'll struggle in December, but I wouldn't be surprised if they bring in a few players in the January window. They've "only" spent £2m ish in the summer.

Don't be giving this stuff away for free. Make him listen to the podcast for this sort of insight.

Podcast is free :(

You can get it without iTunes as well somewhere, as I have it on Android.

Are you still doing it, Dave?  I was surprisingly disappointed when I heard you were leaving.

You can get it without iTunes as well somewhere, as I have it on Android.

Are you still doing it, Dave?  I was surprisingly disappointed when I heard you were leaving.

Leaving London end of August so I'll be on for at least one more. Also probably do a few more, whenever I'm visiting mates in London.

oh I've listened to a few of these, so who's the one who sounds like richard herring? ( or perhaps its just in my head)

:lol: No idea. There's one that sounds like Jeremy Hardy? That's Fergus Craig, who you might remember from such shows as Jonathan Creek, Extras, or Hoff the Record.

Born in Sunderland according to wiki. Lucky Stevie isn't posting on here anymore.

Grew up in the North East, but was born in Ireland if you believe IMDB, he moved South when he was about 12-13.

Stevie would be losing his shit; 92-er, OOT Irish/mackem, into hip-hop and American sports and the theatre and yet he's the host of a popular(ish) Newcastle United podcast.

*he wasn't really born in Ireland and I'm sure he wasn't born in Sunderland, but I'll have to check.

Jury's out until we get this clarification, Dave. It's not looking good for him at the minute though. I'm gonna need to see his birth certificate, this is bigger news than Obama being born in Kenya.

Jury's out until we get this clarification, Dave. It's not looking good for him at the minute though. I'm gonna need to see his birth certificate, this is bigger news than Obama being born in Kenya.

On it. 

Leaving London end of August so I'll be on for at least one more. Also probably do a few more, whenever I'm visiting mates in London.

:good:

Listened to the latest one last night btw, no one sounds remotely like Herring (who I listen to a lot of). :lol:

Man United look like they're going to be the business this year. I thought Ibra might be the latest in a long line of superstar flops but it doesn't look like he will be. Mourinho vs Guardiola will be very interesting. The league wil go to Manchester though, one way or another.

Fancy Southampton to struggle a bit this year from what I've seen so far. Well, unless they get a replacement for Pelle; Austin always seems knackered and clearly isn't as good anyway. There was times last night where there was a clear target man sized gap in their attack where Redmond was finding space and putting decent balls in that Pelle would have loved.