Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

Be interesting to see that actually. He's on something like £300k/week isn't he? Hard to imagine him stepping down to around £100k/week (which I suspect is at the upper limits of what Everton could afford) but it'd be a refreshing statement if he did.

The bloke is worth tens of millions, I'm sure he wouldn't mind 'only' earning £100k pw to go back to his boyhood club. It takes a special player to earn mega bucks in the twilight of their career (zlatan etc.) The likes of Terry and Carrick took pay cuts to sign contract extensions

Interesting insight here from a Leicester forum - the OP claims that Ranieri abandoned the high press which has cost them. They reverted to it against Liverpool, and were successful.

I didn't see the game so I don't know, but does that sound feasible?

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/forums/topic/111135-theyve-all-got-it-backwards/

Can't say they pressed them high after the first goal went in. It was a lot of sitting back and launching for Vardy over the top. Looked to me like a group of players who had a point to prove re: the recent criticism than anything different in their set up. And a Liverpool team that probably expected to see a bit of a backlash and didn't really fancy it

It's canny funny the Leicester players all coming out with "we wanted to prove a point to our critics" type of stuff, if anything they've sort of made the point for the critics who said they weren't performing for Ranieri. I'm also glad Liverpool are all over the shop, hopefully they keep pressuring Klopp and force him out as he could be (and hopefully will be) the last good thing to happen to them for a long time, horrible fucking club.

The two good results they got this season were against teams that came there and stubbornly kept a high line (Man City and Liverpool). It was madness - just playing into their hands. But I did see the match and have to say the players were clearly trying a lot harder than they have been. 

Real test comes in the next game against Hull, who definitely won't go there and push the backline up to the halfway line.

It's canny funny the Leicester players all coming out with "we wanted to prove a point to our critics" type of stuff, if anything they've sort of made the point for the critics who said they weren't performing for Ranieri. I'm also glad Liverpool are all over the shop, hopefully they keep pressuring Klopp and force him out as he could be (and hopefully will be) the last good thing to happen to them for a long time, horrible fucking club.

:lol: Agree with all of that.

The two good results they got this season were against teams that came there and stubbornly kept a high line (Man City and Liverpool). It was madness - just playing into their hands. But I did see the match and have to say the players were clearly trying a lot harder than they have been. 

Real test comes in the next game against Hull, who definitely won't go there and push the backline up to the halfway line.

I suppose the thing is after that result a draw at home to Hull isn't that bad an outcome for them

Shame they've dropped 9 of their starting 11. They might have had a chance of wining the game

Really?  Well, their manager is pragmatic if nothing else.  Wonder how our fan base would have reacted if Rafa did the same.

Trooper and noelie vying for bed wetter commander in chief

Noelie's pessimism is forgivable, Trooper's... not so much.