Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

:lol:

Fuck me, that goal's cheered me up.

:lol: Aye it's a reversal in my household, I was in a foul mood slamming the cupboards in a little twisty strop while cooking before and then after my loud "GET THE FUCK IN BUTTERSFIELD YOU SWEATY BASTARD" startled my wife she's in a mood. I'm not arsed though I feel a lot happier after the Leeds result ruined my weekend, we just have to fucking pick up 3 points against Preston and I'd imagine we're up.

They fail to beat Fulham and we win against Preston and the job is as good as done, no?

Sounds fairly easy on paper but I thought today's game looked 'easy' on paper too, and look how we played.

Aye, if we beat Preston we're 11 points clear and Hudds would have 4 games left so they'd need 4 wins and for us to lose our last two, if they drew against Fulham then aye it's all over if we win any of our games. I think Fulham will beat them, if they couldn't manage a win today after the incentive of us losing I can't see them beating Fulham who were honestly the best side we've played this year.

Aye, might have to go Caitlyn Jenner with mine after this run.

:lol: It was firmly locked away for a good 3 hour period over both these games like. It's peeking out a little now though I must add, not in glory though more in a wanting to mock Huddersfield display as the lads don't deserve a wave the day.

Edited by Howay

Do we need to be concerned at the way reading have appeared in the rear view mirror all of a sudden?

No, 3 points is enough (I think).

Edit:  It is, so it is.

Edited by adios

Will three draws be enough?

Aye. Reading are 6 points behind on the same games played, so 3 points from us and they can't catch us (their GD is 35 worse off than ours so no danger of them matching that).

:lol: Could you imagine if we got pipped by Reading though? Spent months discussing Huddersfield then out of nowhere Reading overtake us. To be fair if we lose the last 3 we absolutely deserve to be stuck in this league.

Edited by Howay

I'm going to be a nervous wreck for the next seven days (less so hopefully after Saturday). 

Aye, I'm just staring into the chasm of the next 7 days and I'm not sure I can do it.

Might just pop to the hospital and ask them to induce a coma until after the last match.

So Brighton are promoted then. Fair play to Hughton.

Makes you wonder what could have been.

I guess we'll find out over the next few seasons.

Aye, I'm just staring into the chasm of the next 7 days and I'm not sure I can do it.

Might just pop to the hospital and ask them to induce a coma until after the last match.

:lol: Just go over the top confidence wise and convince yourself we're up. I'm trying to do that by bigging up Fulham.

We can't go 11 points clear by beating Preston. It'll be 10 but only if Huddersfield lose their first game. I suppose you could have meant goal difference too like. Huddersfield play just before and then just after our game at home to Preston. That's a huge game now. If we lose that game we could well be going into the final 2 matches with just a 1 point lead.

I don't want to be overly negative but I really can't believe we are in this situation. A month ago I genuinely thought we had the league all but sewn up.

Edited by rob032