Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

Oh it's fine normally, but I'm still in debt. Especially as it wasn't a good 3hrs, it was on a sofa in a room without blackout curtains or owt. After a lot of drinking and a particularly unhealthy diet.

I just need to get back in the black.

Missed a load of football over the weekend, even the Chelsea/Spurs game that I was watching in the pub. Still trying to wrap my head round the various permutations across the leagues. When will Sunderland (and Middlesbrough's) relegation be confirmed?

Next weekend.

Talking about getting old, I got ~5 hours sleep last night and I feel like I've got a hangover. Sad!

I took a half day today and didn't get up till 10.30 after doing the usual after a midweek home game by falling asleep on the settee, pissed a fart and crawling to bed at 4.45.

:)

https://experimental361.com/2017/04/26/a-quick-look-at-the-premier-league-relegation-battle/

I spotted a PA interview with David Moyes yesterday in which he sounded surprisingly – and uncharacteristically – upbeat:

This doesn’t chime with how my model sees things. It’s pretty much given up on both Sunderland and Middlesbrough, suggesting that their respective chances of survival are below 1%:

2017-04-26-pl-rel-20-sunderland.png

Finally we come full circle to look at Sunderland’s current predicament. They may have a game or two in hand over the others but they are three points worse off than any team to have avoided relegation previously. In fact, all but one of the nine teams to have had 21 points or fewer at this stage finished rock bottom. The exception were West Brom, who also had 21 points from 32 games in 2002/03 but were kept off the bottom by the Black Cats, who had earned their 19th and final point of that campaign with 15 games remaining.