Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

I think Reading will do them anyway.

My concern is they'll get a couple of players in that make them more effective.  That and they've a couple of players I wouldn't mind Rafa going for.

No real problem with Sheff Wed losing:

The fucking band

Howard Wilkinson

Mel Sterland

Fletcher

If Husddersfield beat Reading I think they'll be fucked without loanees.

I had Sheff Wed as the play off winners.

I'm not really bothered who goes up now. 

The best footballing team was knocked out. Fulham.

It's basically Germany verses Holland, managerial wise. Jaap Stam verses David Wagner.

A hard one to call, so may the best team on the day, win.

42 minutes ago, wolfy said:

I had Sheff Wed as the play off winners.

I'm not really bothered who goes up now. 

The best footballing team was knocked out. Fulham.

It's basically Germany verses Holland, managerial wise. Jaap Stam verses David Wagner.

A hard one to call, so may the best team on the day, win.

Prove it

16 minutes ago, Alex said:

Hope it's Huddersfield as they'll be dead certs to come straight back down

Think whoever comes up with us and Brighton will be odds-on for the drop.

15 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I think Brighton will go down. They had a lot of luck with refs and late goals this season. That won't happen in the prem.

A lot of teams just played shite against them as well, the ones who really dug in against us seemed to roll over for a belly tickle against brighton for some reason.

I think unless the two other teams get significant investment, they'll be favourites for the drop. Even then, their finances aren't going to be enough to dramatically improve squads who finished beneath us in the Championship.

Who'll be the other struggling teams next season? Watford, Swansea, Burnley?

Swansea will be alright, Burnley could struggle but they invested well last summer and will likely do the same this time.

West Brom could have a hard time, they've a really old squad.

Bournemouth can't afford to have as poor a summer of signings as they did last time.

There are less than 10 points between 17th and 8th as it stands, any of those teams could have a crap summer and be in real danger.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Swansea will be alright, Burnley could struggle but they invested well last summer and will likely do the same this time.

West Brom could have a hard time, they've a really old squad.

Bournemouth can't afford to have as poor a summer of signings as they did last time.

There are less than 10 points between 17th and 8th as it stands, any of those teams could have a crap summer and be in real danger.

Aye, all it takes is a key player getting injured/losing form, the board getting twitchy and firing the manager or just the rest of the league cottoning onto how to beat you. 

If we're talking about who we'd like shot of, I'd love to see Pulis and Allardyce both go down in the most predictably boring relegation ever.

Palace have to be a good bet, fat Sam protecting his myth of never being relegated as he gets the sack at the end of Feb with the club hoping the new manager bounce will save them.

Reading will win the playoff (then head straight back down the following season), Huddersfield are all fart nee shite.

18 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Palace have to be a good bet, fat Sam protecting his myth of never being relegated as he gets the sack at the end of Feb with the club hoping the new manager bounce will save them.

Reading will win the playoff (then head straight back down the following season), Huddersfield are all fart nee shite.

Reading are just like one continual, sideways passing, possession retaining, wet fart and I hope it's them because they'll win about 4 games all season. If they're lucky

4 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Reading are just like one continual, sideways passing, possession retaining, wet fart and I hope it's them because they'll win about 4 games all season. If they're lucky

Fuck, that explanation could easily be applied to Huddersfield as well. 

I heard or read Huddersfield are one of a handful of teams that have made the playoffs with a negative GD, speaks volumes.

1 minute ago, sammynb said:

Fuck, that explanation could easily be applied to Huddersfield as well. 

I heard or read Huddersfield are one of a handful of teams that have made the playoffs with a negative GD, speaks volumes.

The two finalists have a +4 goal difference between them :lol: