Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

About 7 seconds. Not the best video but as the first pass on that video is played, the striker is about a yard off.

So close enough to be part of the goal's review?

Way I see it, the offside was either going to be sufficiently before the goal for the defending team to reorganise thus mitigating the unfair advantage the attacking side got, or it's going to be part of the goal review anyway.

Thing is, the laws of the game are either open to interpretation or they aren't.

the ones that aren't, the ball either did or didn't cross the line, a player either was or wasn't offside are the domain of technology. They also happen to be some of the most important calls in the game, if an offside happens in the buildup to a goal and is missed then it should be called out.

A player handling the ball intentionally is up to the ref, but he can consult with the video ref, the ref determines intent, the video ref can say with 100% certainty whether or not there was a handball.

Same with a foul, ref blows up and gives a freekick, nothing more to it most of the time, but if he's dishing out a card, sending someone off, that takes time anyway, talk to the video ref, was he off the ground? Did he get any of the ball? That can help the referee determine the extent of the action he takes.

9 times out of 10 when there is a big penalty call one way or the other the ball is dead, ask the video ref, did the player get the ball? Was that a great last ditch tackle or a foul?

It doesn't really seem all that complicated to me.

You don't have to have it for everything or not at all, because that is stupid and warrants no further arguing. 

What Andrew said, football's failure to embrace technology is making it look a bit silly when you consider how it has enhanced other sports.

I stated (at some length ;) ) on this esteemed forum a few years back that if they brought it in for a ball over the goal line then it would soon be brought in for everything. All completely driven as you say by the needs of the TV companies that bank roll professional sport. It's not enhanced other sports iyam, it's just taken the human touch out of them. These sports that spread across the world over a century and a half without any real officiating problems until cunts in suits decided to monetise them. its not progress, it's just fuckin nonsense.

Has it not enhanced other sports? If anything, the Hawkeye decisions at Wimbledon liven up the matches. Same can be said for try award decisions in rugby.

I don't see why stopping the game for 30 seconds would cause any problem at all. You'd only ever use it for goals. I think back to that game at Old Trafford a few years back, where we lost 4-3, and I think Johnny Evans scored an own goal to give us the lead. Originally it was given as offside but then overturned after about 30 seconds. Did that really detract from the game? Or were we pleased the ref consulted with his linesmen to make the right decision?

I stated (at some length ;) ) on this esteemed forum a few years back that if they brought it in for a ball over the goal line then it would soon be brought in for everything. All completely driven as you say by the needs of the TV companies that bank roll professional sport. It's not enhanced other sports iyam, it's just taken the human touch out of them. These sports that spread across the world over a century and a half without any real officiating problems until cunts in suits decided to monetise them. its not progress, it's just fuckin nonsense.

get with the times, granddad 

I find the reluctance slightly strange because football's embraced technology in so many other ways (stadiums, modern pitches, footware, kits, training methods etc., etc.)

People forever complain about bad decisions in football and spend a lot of time giving abuse to officials before, during and after a game. Now with a solution on the table that will cut all of that out people are complaining it will "Take the drama away" :lol:   :lol:

Basically folk will complain whatever the fuck happens because that is what football fans do. 

Edited by Anorthernsoul

How many of Martin's travesties at forest would have been reversed?

At present none - it would have to be pretty much every call to prevent that from happening.

I also think the ref's association will whine, the more decisions are reviewed.

People forever complain about bad decisions in football and spend a lot of time giving abuse to officials before, during and after a game. Now with a solution on the table that will cut all of that out people are complaining it will "Take the drama away" :lol:   :lol:

Basically folk will complain whatever the fuck happens because that is what football fans do. 

Nah. You'll always have free kick and penalty decisions where people will disagree, videos or not. Video tech will never cut out all bad decisions.

Nah. You'll always have free kick and penalty decisions where people will disagree, videos or not. Video tech will never cut out all bad decisions.

But it will cut out a lot.

Refer back to @@ewerk's earlier post.

I'm mystified that people don't get that cutting out 90% of these bad calls is far, far superior to cutting out 0% of them.

I do (at least partially) get the argument of not wanting to tinker with something that, on the whole, works pretty well.

Just saw a comment that the Mackems have only scored in one game since Van Aanolt left, I thought as shite as they are there's no way that could be true so had a look at their results. 

:lol: :lol: It's spot on though they have only scored in that 4-0 win over Palace, they drew 0-0 with Spurs the day after he left and haven't scored a single goal since the match against Palace. There's still some among them that think they might not go down as well.

Just saw a comment that the Mackems have only scored in one game since Van Aanolt left, I thought as shite as they are there's no way that could be true so had a look at their results. 

:lol: :lol: It's spot on though they have only scored in that 4-0 win over Palace, they drew 0-0 with Spurs the day after he left and haven't scored a single goal since the match against Palace. There's still some among them that think they might not go down as well.

Swear I saw on twitter that Sunderland haven't scored in >470 minutes.They've failed to score in 14 games, that more than even Shot shy Boro have managed.

Just watching Swansea v Boro, would love both these teams to go down as I reckon Sigurdsson, Traore, and Ben Gibson would all be good targets for us in the summer. Sigurdsson would be tough mind as he's leading the assist chart at the minute so there'll be a fair few sides in for him.

Just watching Swansea v Boro, would love both these teams to go down as I reckon Sigurdsson, Traore, and Ben Gibson would all be good targets for us in the summer. Sigurdsson would be tough mind as he's leading the assist chart at the minute so there'll be a fair few sides in for him.

Would love Sigurdsson. Always looked a really classy player.

Would love Sigurdsson. Always looked a really classy player.

Agreed, with 8 goals and 11 assists this season it'd be a fairly big ask. If Swansea stop up he might just stay there as well seeing as when he moved to Spurs it didn't really work out for him (due to lack of chances rather than lack of ability), he'd be an ideal target for us mind and would fill the behind the striker role perfectly.

Edited by Howay