Other games 16/17

Kid Dynamite

Agreed, with 8 goals and 11 assists this season it'd be a fairly big ask. If Swansea stop up he might just stay there as well seeing as when he moved to Spurs it didn't really work out for him (due to lack of chances rather than lack of ability), he'd be an ideal target for us mind and would fill the behind the striker role perfectly.

Yeah if they manage to dig out a win today I'd be surprised if Swansea go down.

Mackems are sunk; can't score, can't defend, they've given up now. Albeit 8 months after Moyes had. :lol:

Middlesbrough can't score and still have Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City to play. They get to play Swansea, Hull and Sunderland, but they don't look capable of taking 3pts from anyone, so at best they'll deny their relegation rival 3?

Hull are in decent form and their home is a fortress now (Marco Silva hasn’t lost a home league match as a manager in nearly 40 games (W32 D7 L0) with 4 clubs - Estoril, Sporting, Olympiakos & Hull). Bad news for Hull is that, after Boro, they face City and Stoke away.

Aye that Marco Silva is doing a canny job, if Hull go down he'll get a PL job as I think his contract is only to summer.

That Traore is rapid and is very skillful, his final ball is sometimes lacking but his decision making is decent. I reckon he'd be a good buy for us as Rafa will get our defence solid enough that we could afford a 'flair' player like him in the side.

Agree completely about the mackems and boro, it'll be nice to pass both of them on their way down :lol:. Even sweeter if we buy Gibson and Traore off Boro.

Edited by Howay

Yeah if they manage to dig out a win today I'd be surprised if Swansea go down.

Mackems are sunk; can't score, can't defend, they've given up now. Albeit 8 months after Moyes had. :lol:

Middlesbrough can't score and still have Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City to play. They get to play Swansea, Hull and Sunderland, but they don't look capable of taking 3pts from anyone, so at best they'll deny their relegation rival 3?

Hull are in decent form and their home is a fortress now (Marco Silva hasn’t lost a home league match as a manager in nearly 40 games (W32 D7 L0) with 4 clubs - Estoril, Sporting, Olympiakos & Hull). Bad news for Hull is that, after Boro, they face City and Stoke away.

Yet some surprisingly think they'll do fine in the pub league they'll be in next season.

Just watching Swansea v Boro, would love both these teams to go down as I reckon Sigurdsson, Traore, and Ben Gibson would all be good targets for us in the summer. Sigurdsson would be tough mind as he's leading the assist chart at the minute so there'll be a fair few sides in for him.

Agree on all three of these.  They look a cut above the rest of them on the field.

Swansea robbed there too.  Deserved the win and should have had a penalty.

Quite happy to see Boro down also because they add nothing to the Premiership.

City leading at Arsenal already.  :lol:  Couldn't happen to better fans.

Agree on all three of these. They look a cut above the rest of them on the field.

Swansea robbed there too. Deserved the win and should have had a penalty.

Quite happy to see Boro down also because they add nothing to the Premiership.

City leading at Arsenal already. :lol: Couldn't happen to better fans.

Loved seeing a quick shot of some arsenal fans when that man city goal went in. :lol:

Yet some surprisingly think they'll do fine in the pub league they'll be in next season.

I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens. If Moyes overhauls the squad with money from Pickford, Kone, Ndong for c£20m, c£15m, c£8m respectively,he could do what Benitez did and buy a brand new 1st team but for about £42m instead of £55m. A side built to be pragmatic and efficient, they could easily be amongst the sides going for promotion.

If Moyes isn't backed in the window and they lose their only striker of note, their promising midfielder, their best centreback and their best 'keeper without replacing them, they could be in danger of starting poorly and that could lead to a very difficult season indeed.

I think what's most likely is somewhere in between those two; they'll bring in some new blood, enough to put them a level above the majority of the Championship but not enough to lock in the top 6.

That said the 17/18 Championship will include 3 of Huddersfield, Leeds, Reading and Shef Wed. A very strong Aston VIlla side, a revitalised Norwich side. Plus teams like Fulham and And the two Premier League sides that drop with them, Hull and Boro are experienced Championship sides. They know how to perform in that league and won't need to overhaul their squad as Sunderland do.

:dunno:

I bow to your superior knowledge of Sunderland, but I think (hope?) that they're going to disappear into obscurity for a few years.

I can't see them getting anywhere near 15m for Kone, he's been a shambles this season so I think that ship sailed when they were asking too much from Everton.

Even if Moyes got that sort of investment he'd need a hell of a lot more to come anywhere near the team we have. They have nowt in the side tbh, they're far worse than our side that went down, they are closer to Villa tbh and we've seen where they are even with a ton of investment. Bottom half of the Championship for them imo.

Look how much they struggle to attract in the PL, they'll struggle massively to attract players at a level to be fighting for promotion. Couple that with the fact they have fuck all money and heaps of debt and it doesn't look good at all for them :).

Edited by Howay

Not a chance they'll get anywhere near that for any of those players. Kone's stock has dropped massively since he'd be in a relegated side that did nothing but concede goal after goal and N'dong is shit and will probably be loaned back to France. Pickford is a good keeper and they don't have a high premium for prices on goalkeepers nowadays. We were helped with Sissoko and Wijnaldum both being internationals for major European nations. Nome of those 3 are.

It's also worth bearing in mind Moyes is shite, they love saying Rafa took us down but that bloke actually did take them down. The players he has brought in have been completely fucking rotten, Donald Love and Paddy McNair were 5m ffs.

Edited by Howay

Moyes is such an unimaginative manager with regards to his scouting as his signings at Sunderland have mostly or all come from teams he's managed in the past too. Gibson and Oviedo in January ffs, I understand they're absolutely skint but did he see no decent players when he was in Spain like? 

Moyes is such an unimaginative manager with regards to his scouting as his signings at Sunderland have mostly or all come from teams he's managed in the past too. Gibson and Oviedo in January ffs, I understand they're absolutely skint but did he see no decent players when he was in Spain like? 

:lol: Aye was going to mention them two as well, he's tragic tbh. The last time he was doing canny was yonks ago when he took a scrappy Everton side and bored teams into submission, using 5 across midfield when everyone else was using 4-4-2. Lee Carsley and Thomas Gravesen booting everyone off the pitch (Gravesen was a good player, Carsley was a cunt), since then everyone pretty much plays 5 across the midfield so he's not able to capitalize on that anymore.

Thrilled they've kept him tbh. 

:lol: Aye was going to mention them two as well, he's tragic tbh. The last time he was doing canny was yonks ago when he took a scrappy Everton side and bored teams into submission, using 5 across midfield when everyone else was using 4-4-2. Lee Carsley and Thomas Gravesen booting everyone off the pitch (Gravesen was a good player, Carsley was a cunt), since then everyone pretty much plays 5 across the midfield so he's not able to capitalize on that anymore.

Thrilled they've kept him tbh. 

Aye, even Arteta played in Scotland so it's not like he had some profound moment of scouting excellence there, either

Aye, even Arteta played in Scotland so it's not like he had some profound moment of scouting excellence there, either

Aye he rarely buys outside of the British leagues iirc. He suits them down to the ground mind and is exactly the calibre of manager SAFC should have, he's as haggard looking as those 'red' seats in their shite stadium.

:lol: The funniest part is they're all saying similar things to what they ridiculed us for "going down will get rid of some of the rot and let us reshape the side" etc, 12 month ago the PL was the be all and end all anything else was an irrelevance and a disgrace to them.

There are also a good few of them talking about what a good job Silva is doing at Hull without mentioning how Rafa "took them down" despite him having a comparable record and less fixtures than Silva :lol: Fucking absolute idiots.

:lol: Yet somehow they were more clued up on the form of teams below us, how many points sides were off us and how teams looked than many of our fans.

They can enjoy not watching any Championship games next season to be fair, they'll barely be on Telly.

Oh aye 'Hard league to get out of marra, more likely to go down, but yas arhl definitely not come back up like'. 

Which turned into ''Yasss should be walking it man, I'd be embarrassed not to be 10 points cleaaaeerr man' etc etc. 

They deserve this division - for a very long time.