Utter fucking jizzbuckets v Reading

wykikitoon

Predict the score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Abso-fucking-lutely. 

Although, I wouldn't actually mind Anita playing if it's at RB; Janmaat isn't covering himself in glory with his defending at the moment so let him loose on Championship fullbacks, stretch the pitch! Give Shelvey someone to find with longer balls. Anita all too often pulls into the already congested centre and offers little going forward anyway.

Dummett has been terrible, so lets give Gamez and Clark their chance.

I've got nothing against Anita at RB but I'd rather see Gamez there first. I'm hoping we'll see Ritchie and Aarons given a go so we have a twin threat on the wings. As you say giving Shelvey someone to find.

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got nothing against Anita at RB but I'd rather see Gamez there first. I'm hoping we'll see Ritchie and Aarons given a go so we have a twin threat on the wings. As you say giving Shelvey someone to find.

Makes sense. I think our game will look a lot more balanced once Mitrovic (or another big striker) takes part.

I had two arguments on Saturday, one on twitter for saying there's no excuse for playing Anita right midfield and one at the match for saying Dummett is the worst defender we have. I can only assume the second one with members of Dummett's family. They suggested he's just awkward looking. I suggested they were talking out of their arse's and he is in fact a desperate excuse for a footballer.

I've generally stayed away from social media since the match because I don't want to get involved with the hysteria about us losing two games. I actually think, as Ritchie says, this might be a good thing for us. I expected the result against Fulham but thought we'd be much better on Saturday and I think most others and more importantly, the players thought the same. They need to realise teams aren't just going to roll over for us. They will come sit deep and look to break on us. We need to be more up for it and much much quicker. I don't go along with all the in Rafa we trust shit but I do know he's a very good manager who will be seeing the same things as us. I know he will be expecting a dramatic improvment on Wednesday and I'm hopefull we will too. Hopefully Ritchie will be able to play from the start, Diame will look more up to speed and Anita and Dummett won't be playing.

Pretty well summed up tbh DK.

If this was McClaren I would be worried.  He would just continue with the losing formula and I am sure Rafa will try and change stuff.  If we could create more for Gayle I would be happier.

Pretty well summed up tbh DK.

If this was McClaren I would be worried.  He would just continue with the losing formula and I am sure Rafa will try and change stuff.  If we could create more for Gayle I would be happier.

Aye if it was McClaren he'd get called out on his mistakes and I think Rafa should too. But the difference is we should all have faith that Rafa can put them right whereas no one believed the wally with the brolly could.

Makes sense. I think our game will look a lot more balanced once Mitrovic (or another big striker) takes part.

Rafa has spoken a lot about balance so I'm certain he's aware that we don't currently have it. The positions he's apparently looking to fill all suggest the same thing also.

Rafa has spoken a lot about balance so I'm certain he's aware that we don't currently have it. The positions he's apparently looking to fill all suggest the same thing also.

Worried that we've fallen into the old habit of focussing on 1 target (Galloway, Knockaert, Forestieri) and when that falters/fails, we're not far enough down the line on another to get it done in a timely fashion. 

Worried that we've fallen into the old habit of focussing on 1 target (Galloway, Knockaert, Forestieri) and when that falters/fails, we're not far enough down the line on another to get it done in a timely fashion.

Well we can only wait and see about that. Most of our deals this summer have come pretty much out of the blue so I wouldn't be too worried about that at this stage.

I've not seen anything of Forestieri, what type of striker is he? Personally I'm not convinced we'll sign someone like him. I think we're looking for backup for Mitro so we're not going to get someone who is highly sought after. On a positive note, judging by the refereeing so far, Mitro shouldn't be in too much danger of being sent off in this league.

Well we can only wait and see about that. Most of our deals this summer have come pretty much out of the blue so I wouldn't be too worried about that at this stage.

I've not seen anything of Forestieri, what type of striker is he? Personally I'm not convinced we'll sign someone like him. I think we're looking for backup for Mitro so we're not going to get someone who is highly sought after. On a positive note, judging by the refereeing so far, Mitro shouldn't be in too much danger of being sent off in this league.

Aye, Galloway's delay is understandable. Looks like everything was conditional on Everton getting Kone from the mackems, that doesn't look likely now so we might have to wait for them to sign another CB from elsewhere? Knockaert looks dead in the water now he's signed a new deal as well. 

re: Forestieri, Whoscored says this of him 

image.png

:unsure:

Aye, Galloway's delay is understandable. Looks like everything was conditional on Everton getting Kone from the mackems, that doesn't look likely now so we might have to wait for them to sign another CB from elsewhere? Knockaert looks dead in the water now he's signed a new deal as well. 

re: Forestieri, Whoscored says this of him 

image.png

:unsure:

Doesn't sound like the type of player we should be interested in. I'm not sure we've really been that linked with him. I think it's more just coming from the fans.

Good call on Aarons & Ritchie play them as good old fashioned wingers the pair of them knocking balls into the box for Mitrovic (when he's back) to nod down to Gayle or Perez. It used to work for Toshack & Keegan it's got to be worth a try.

Forestieri is far too much like Perez and Gayle for me and probably not as good (as Perez especially). As DK says if we are looking for a striker it needs to be a Mitro big man type, there's a lad at Derby that would be canny imo or they could give Riviere one final shot but the fact is at the moment we lack a focal point and a lot of decent crosses are going to waste.

Fully agree with DK on Anita and Dummett, we can't be wasting time playing them. Anita can do a job at right back but we have Janmaat and Gamez. I thought Dummett would look serviceable at this level but unfortunately he's proving to be shit in this division as well, this needs sorted asap if Clark isn't good enough to replace him (I know he's a CB but I know he played lb a fair bit for Villa) then that was a waste of a signing. I'd like to see us sign a left back, a central midfielder (we need someone that can consistently move the ball well), and a Mitro type striker at a minimum. I'd like to see a CB in all (which I know won't happen due to spunking 10m there) as Lascelles worries me, the lad looks like he's playing in roller skates.

I'd also like to see us go to a 4-4-2 or something as iirc most the teams promoted in the last few year have played that formation, we are too deep with two deep CM's and we are already seeing a disconnect between them and the attack.

I went for 3-0, I only really think this if Ritchie starts and if he does I could see him with 2 assists and a goal. Lascelles and his roller disco could fuck my guess up mind.

Edited by Howay

I did say to some of the lads on Saturday that I'd consider bringing Riviere back into the squad until we'd signed someone or Mitro returns. I know he's shite but he's more of a physical presence up top and might be of use in the short term. Fuck knows whether he's fir or not like.

Many people have said that about Dummett but I've thought for a long time that he'll just drop down the leagues and look shit wherever he is. It's taking longer than I thought and I was hoping he wouldn't take the rest of us with him.

Riviere is potentially as bad but while I don't think he'll suddenly be a goal threat, I do think he can be of use just making his presence felt up top and allowing others to get into the game further up the field.

Aye, honestly if Riviere is nowt else but a target for Gayle or Perez to play off then he'd be doing a job for us. He was half decent in Ligue 1 wasn't he? surely he could fare ok against some of these League one standard defenders ffs, again if not how the fuck did we end up buying him.

Dummett is an odd one, reminds me of Edgar and Huntington in a lot of ways in that you watch thinking he'd do fine a level down but then when they do drop a level they look out of their depth there in all. Again I've had my fill of watching him play for NUFC and he can gan whistle, we always seem to have at least one player that is utterly fucking depressing but at the moment we seem to have a ton of them.

Many people have said that about Dummett but I've thought for a long time that he'll just drop down the leagues and look shit wherever he is. It's taking longer than I thought and I was hoping he wouldn't take the rest of us with him.

Riviere is potentially as bad but while I don't think he'll suddenly be a goal threat, I do think he can be of use just making his presence felt up top and allowing others to get into the game further up the field.

Decent shout, but I don't think he's featured for Rafa at all this season, has he?

Decent shout, but I don't think he's featured for Rafa at all this season, has he?

He's never featured since McClarens last game I think. Not sure if he's fit, I don't think he went to Ireland with the rest of the team, so it might be a non starter.

I'm not a stats guy, but is Dummet statisically that bad? I tend to fall into the "he just looks awkward" park, but I've hardly seen anything of him, even in games I'm watching on TV.

​Talking about Riviere ? We must be getting desperate, he's really weak.

Edited by scoobos

Yes he really is that bad. He looks awkward because he's fucking clueless. Next question.

:lol:

Aye he's shit tbh.

Wait scoobos you're not sure if Dummett is shit because you've not noticed enough of him but you're happy to say Riviere is a waste despite him having about 10 starts in 2 years? I agree that the bloke probably is shit but we've got way more evidence of Paul Dummett's failures.

Edited by Howay

yeah, I hear you - but honestly I've not seen Dummett do much that worse than any other defender. But I've not been to the ground in 2 years so I don't get to see him.

He's not that terrible on optastats etc.

regarding Riviere he just looks so so weak in the times we've seen him and has contributed absolutely nothing, never seen him tackle, think I saw him shoot wide to the corner flag once and that's about it.

yeah, I hear you - but honestly I've not seen Dummett do much that worse than any other defender. But I've not been to the ground in 2 years so I don't get to see him.

He's not that terrible on optastats etc.

regarding Riviere he just looks so so weak in the times we've seen him and has contributed absolutely nothing, never seen him tackle, think I saw him shoot wide to the corner flag once and that's about it.

I'm not sure what the stats say but I've watched just about every game he's ever had for us and my eyes tell me he's fucking wank.

Not sure you'll ever see strikers making many tackles, I agree about his shooting though. I wasn't thinking about him playing for him being a goal threat himself though, just for bringing others into the game. I've seen him look ok at holding the ball up. Obviously I'd rather we didn't have to consider him but we're short of alternatives until Mitro is back or we sign someone. The way we've played the first two games hasn't worked. Sounds like he might be off sooner rather than later though so it might be a moot point.

One of the biggest problems with Dummet is the next pass that follows his. He doesn't give the recipient options, and the pass he plays is often poorly timed or weighted, so while it'll count as a completed pass it actually puts pressure on whoever just got it. 

Was our last proper left back Enrique? Haidara has only managed 48 games in 3 1/2 seasons (36%) so dunno if he really counts.