Bristol City vs Paul's pod of fucking penes

TheGingerQuiff

Predict The Score  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good keeper, unfortunately for you

Decent in the Championship perhaps. Decent cover at the next level. He's a good shot stopper but he's not a very commanding keeper and, at times, is far too slow to close players down in the box. He's done well for us though but, as Tooj says, in the context of expectations.

Radio Newcastles commentary suggested that Selz was very shakey but I've seen people who were at the match say that he was fine. Maybe it's just that we're not used to a keeper who wants to punch everything, which is very much the continental way these days. He's not impressed me much so far mind, but Elliot and Darlow both looked poor early on. In fact, before last season everyone feared whenever Elliot had to play.

It sounds like Krul won't be here much longer anyway so we won't have to consider him anymore. I'm certain Selz must have been playing better in Belgium to be voted their keeper of the season for two of the past three, so hopefully he can find his form quickly.

Anyway, any away win is very welcome these days. It might not have been pretty but after being so poor away from home for so long, it's not going to be for a while yet. I'm not sure it's ever going to be that pretty under Rafa.

Decent in the Championship perhaps. Decent cover at the next level. He's a good shot stopper but he's not a very commanding keeper and, at times, is far too slow to close players down in the box. He's done well for us though but, as Tooj says, in the context of expectations.

Good shot stopper

doesn't command his area

too slow to close down in the box

What of those things is Krul actually better at? He has to odd game where he gets the bit between his teeth and can't be beaten but he has pathetically weak wrists given how much he gets a hand to that just flop them backwards and go in anyway.

He used to look quite commanding in his area but that has somehow been coached out of him, or he's lost his nerve and he definitely doesn't come off his line with any aplomb.

Tooj said he 'wasn't up to much', and that Darlow should be given a chance ahead of him. For Anyone that watched Elliot in goal the first 2/3rds of the season and Darlow the final 1/3rd that's crackers. So far Sels looks on a par with Darlow, not saying he won't come good but for a squad with the England youth keeper, the Dutch national keeper and Elliot it does seem a bizarre decision to buy a new keeper let alone persevere with him flapping all over the box

Krul and Elliott are injured so that left us to start the season with just Darlow as a senior keeper. It's not very strange that Rafa decided he needed to bring in another keeper. I think he's known all along that Krul feels it's time to move on now too.

Edited by David Kelly

Radio Newcastles commentary suggested that Selz was very shakey but I've seen people who were at the match say that he was fine. Maybe it's just that we're not used to a keeper who wants to punch everything, which is very much the continental way these days. He's not impressed me much so far mind, but Elliot and Darlow both looked poor early on. In fact, before last season everyone feared whenever Elliot had to play.

It sounds like Krul won't be here much longer anyway so we won't have to consider him anymore. I'm certain Selz must have been playing better in Belgium to be voted their keeper of the season for two of the past three, so hopefully he can find his form quickly.

Anyway, any away win is very welcome these days. It might not have been pretty but after being so poor away from home for so long, it's not going to be for a while yet. I'm not sure it's ever going to be that pretty under Rafa.

The few highlights I've seen of the game show him to be quite panicky, but I suppose they're never going to show highlights of a 'keeper calmly collecting/dealing with a cross. 

Good result on the whole and it puts the Away-day hoodoo in a box for a bit. A lot of twitter seems to be worried that we faded in the second half, but was that the case or did Rafa settle for a 1-0 win? Certainly the comments about working on counter-attacks suggests we sat back once we'd got the lead.

Hayden was quality again, by all accounts. 7 Interceptions in another competent display from the young lad. Ritchie is getting praise too and has been after every game. Diame is still growing in confidence and fitness (Hull's preseason couldn't have helped). Lascelles was very good and Gayle is up to 4 in 4.  New signings had a good game :good:

I'd expect a lot of changes for the Cheltenham game. Mitrovic and Perez to start, Shelvey, Janmaat, Hanley and Dummett too?

Looking forward to see who comes in

The few highlights I've seen of the game show him to be quite panicky, but I suppose they're never going to show highlights of a 'keeper calmly collecting/dealing with a cross. 

Good result on the whole and it puts the Away-day hoodoo in a box for a bit. A lot of twitter seems to be worried that we faded in the second half, but was that the case or did Rafa settle for a 1-0 win? Certainly the comments about working on counter-attacks suggests we sat back once we'd got the lead.

Hayden was quality again, by all accounts. 7 Interceptions in another competent display from the young lad. Ritchie is getting praise too and has been after every game. Diame is still growing in confidence and fitness (Hull's preseason couldn't have helped). Lascelles was very good and Gayle is up to 4 in 4.  New signings had a good game :good:

I'd expect a lot of changes for the Cheltenham game. Mitrovic and Perez to start, Shelvey, Janmaat, Hanley and Dummett too?

Looking forward to see who comes in

Yeah I agree the highlights didn't look too kind on Selz but with seeing so little of the game it's impossible to tell. Even if we had longer highlight's, it's unlikely they would have shown much of Selz coming and doing well on crosses.

Most of the reaction on Twitter seems to have been from people who only listened to the match and saw the same highlights we did. Ryder's marks and comments seemed to give a different picture to what John Anderson did. But Hayden certainly seemed to have a good game and Diame seemed much more involved than last week. He's seemed to suggest his fitness isn't quite there at the moment so he should get better. Ritchie sounded like he had a quieter game than his others.

After Elliot's transformation I'm prepared to give any goalkeeper more time to get themselves up to speed. I think we're covered fairly well in this area now, not a big concern. He kept a clean sheet at the weekend anyway, so criticising seems a bit harsh at present.

Every single goalkeeper playing professional footballer is "a good shot stopper" it's the bare minimum required.

The better goalkeepers excel at other things too. The very best goalkeepers are the ones who make very few mistakes.

Krul is our best keeper by a fair distance, he just hasn't played well for a decent amount of time. Hopefully Sels will get more used to the league and become more confident.

Every single goalkeeper playing professional footballer is "a good shot stopper" it's the bare minimum required.

The better goalkeepers excel at other things too. The very best goalkeepers are the ones who make very few mistakes.

Krul is our best keeper by a fair distance, he just hasn't played well for a decent amount of time. Hopefully Sels will get more used to the league and become more confident.

I don't agree, you're as good as your performances, Krul hasn't been at a level above how elliot performed last year since the season we finished 5th. That's a long time since.

Exactly, members just posting shite for the sake of an argument.

Fuck off man. I didn't want an argument but I will if you are still struggling to get the sand out of your minge.

There is very obviously a difference between a good player playing badly and a bad player. If it was as simple as you were shite last week so player B is better then that doesn't make any sense?

Have to agree with the consensus regarding Elliot. He looked shaky when he first came into the side but he did well last season when he had that run of games. So much that I wouldn't be that bothered if Krul left now and Elliot was number one. Krul has some games when he looks unbeatable but he can drop a bollock as well. Elliot was a solid, reliable keeper last season

Krul's got the tools to be a better 'keeper than Elliott and I've said before, Krul's more likely to make the "how the fuck did he do that?!" save, but he needs to cut out silly mistakes.

Elliott is solid but unspectacular, but sometimes, that's what you need.