Rotten Negligent Blundering Clampits V Brighton / Championship / 27th August / 5.30 KO

Anorthernsoul

Predict the Score  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@Howay

And we're about to ruin the opposition by signing Murphy.

:lol: Aye buying a rivals best striker to come in as cover is a nice feeling. While I don't rate Murphy in the PL I'm fairly comfortable with having him in this division and if he gets 10 goals or so and helps get us up we could probably offload him to a championship side for 1-2m

We give away far too many free kicks like...

The ref was soft as shit all game to be fair, he was blowing for basically any contact.

Really good game from our lot, I was a bit nervous ahead of the game with us losing our two forwards but we comfortably controlled the game from start to finish. I know we didn't create loads but that was one of the more impressive displays I've seen from us in a while. I really like the look of Hayden, he's assured on the ball and doesn't shirk in the challenge. I think Rafa is starting to get his message through to them and we controlled the ball all game, glad we didn't concede a late goal at the end of either half like we have been prone too. Sels save against Kayal was cracking as well, I've given him a bit of grief so thought I'd commend him for that.

The ref was soft as shit all game to be fair, he was blowing for basically any contact.

Really good game from our lot, I was a bit nervous ahead of the game with us losing our two forwards but we comfortably controlled the game from start to finish. I know we didn't create loads but that was one of the more impressive displays I've seen from us in a while. I really like the look of Hayden, he's assured on the ball and doesn't shirk in the challenge. I think Rafa is starting to get his message through to them and we controlled the ball all game, glad we didn't concede a late goal at the end of either half like we have been prone too. Sels save against Kayal was cracking as well, I've given him a bit of grief so thought I'd commend him for that.

Ah fair enough - agree on everything else, was positive. Knew Brighton were nothing to worry about ;) Just wish I hadn't doubted myself on the predictor...

Solid performance overall, played some decent stuff and good to see Shelvey score a good goal,  he's a confidence player and hopefully kicks on now. They didn't start the second half too great and were on the back foot before the sending off. Sels had a good game, looked more commanding today. I think Perez is a better player with someone alongside him, the lone frontman role doesn't play to his strengths. 

Anyways another win against a decent Brighton side who will be around the top 8 end of season.

Not sure what the fuss is about the second yellow. If you're that late on an outfield player it's a yellow so shouldn't be any different against a GK.

I thought it was really harsh. He couldn't exactly prevent it with that momentum. Ref was shocking tbh. Brighton forum said before the game to expect cards and theatrics. He must have a reputation

thought we played some very slick football today. Once Diame gets match fit he's going to be a beast. yeah definitely Perez needs someone up front with him.

Agree with the bit about Diame, he looks like what Sissoko could have been, if he could be bothered!

Generally a composed performance today!

I thought it was really harsh. He couldn't exactly prevent it with that momentum. Ref was shocking tbh. Brighton forum said before the game to expect cards and theatrics. He must have a reputation

Aye but momentum isn't an excuse. The player should have known that he wasn't going to be first to the ball. Momentum isn't an excuse when two midfielders challenge for a ball.