Rotten Negligent Blundering Clampits V Brighton / Championship / 27th August / 5.30 KO

Anorthernsoul

Predict the Score  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I could do so many graphs if ant gave me access to the toontastic database.

Who's the most prolific nightowl? Who gets fewest responses? Who cusses most etc. Sort of data set you dream about.

Do it!!!!

:lol:

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tell you what though, our record v these is fucking lifting, mind. They did us twice at home in the cup when I was a kid, same again last few years, beat a KK side wearing a garish pink monstrosity of s kit in the 90's. Honestly, can only think of a Quinny hat trick 3-0 away win in our favour off the top of my head.

I tell you what though, our record v these is fucking lifting, mind. They did us twice at home in the cup when I was a kid, same again last few years, beat a KK side wearing a garish pink monstrosity of s kit in the 90's. Honestly, can only think of a Quinny hat trick 3-0 away win in our favour off the top of my head.

Not to mention those two embarrassing displays under Pardew

Perez's take on the match:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/aug/26/newcastle-united-ayoze-perez-brighton-striker-chris-hughton

Nice bit here, even if it is just playing up to the fans:

It is surprising a forward regularly watched by Barcelona remains on Tyneside but unlike the unsettled Moussa Sissoko (the France midfielder is once again omitted from Benítez’s squad as he desperately attempts to engineer an escape) – Pérez has never sought a move “I’ve always been happy here,” he said. “That hasn’t changed – not even when we were relegated. Of course, relegation was bad but not once have I thought about leaving.

“I believe staying here is what’s best for my career. If you’re happy in one place, why leave? During the summer I could have gone to other teams but I didn’t.”

And Barcelona? “That is something big,” he said. “But if I started thinking ‘Barcelona, oh Barcelona’ it would be wrong. Newcastle has given me everything.”

Edited by Rayvin

Aye the lad's doing it the right way really, we all know full well if a club like Barca seriously come in for him he'd be off like a shot (not that he's at that level mind), but what does him sulking and kicking up a fuss to try and make a move happen do? You just end up getting grief off the fans and possibly end up in the reserves.

Yep, far more diplomatic this way around and I very much doubt it makes any prospective move less likely. It's not like, if Barcelona were thinking about it, they'd be put off because he hadn't thrown a hissy fit in an attempt to engineer a move.

:lol: Aye in fact I'd say for the most part it would help, as he'd be a back up at a side like that and they'd want to know he could just carry on grafting while not getting his own way.

I suppose the difference is we're winning games, under McClaren we struggled to complete passes. I do agree that for all the money spent it's worrying that we're seeing mostly a team of players who could have started last season but it seems he's spent most of it trying to build some depth in the defence.

Edited by Howay

All that money spent and Gouffran is still getting a game and the only attacking option on the bench is Armstrong.

If this was McClaren in charge he'd be getting absolutely annihilated. But Rafa has a "Plan".

So we should annihilate him? He's said he wants two wingers and he's got 2 forwards injured and one incoming.

All that money spent and Gouffran is still getting a game and the only attacking option on the bench is Armstrong.

If this was McClaren in charge he'd be getting absolutely annihilated. But Rafa has a "Plan".

2 of our strikers and 1 of our wingers are injured. Completely daft to have a go at Rafa when he says we need more bodies in. Plus our most worrying position was in defence and he's ent out and sorted that, something that hasn't been done for years.

Todays results have put us down to 15th place, a win for us today would put us up in the top 6.

Not that happy with Gouffran and Anita starting, surely Gamez or Yedlin would be a better choice at right back.

I think I would have gone with Darlow, and I'd rather see Colback on the pitch rather than Gouffran.

So we should annihilate him? He's said he wants two wingers and he's got 2 forwards injured and one incoming.

I'm not saying annihilate him, what I'm saying is we look threadbare with attacking options considering the money spent. Obviously that game during the week didn't help, it's just alarming. Really need the midfield to push forward today.