Rotten Negligent Blundering Clampits V Brighton / Championship / 27th August / 5.30 KO

Anorthernsoul

Predict the Score  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For a single booking I'd agree with ewerk, but for a second yellow where he'd only committed one previous foul (albeit a bookable one) - I dunno, it's probably correct following the letter of the law but as with so many things, there's room for interpretation in the guidelines on most things otherwise we'd see multiple penalties every game for shirt pulling at corners.

I'd have been pissed off had it happened to one of ours.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye but momentum isn't an excuse. The player should have known that he wasn't going to be first to the ball. Momentum isn't an excuse when two midfielders challenge for a ball.

But he hasn't kicked him he's just ran into his leg. No way deserved to be sent off

Fuck off man :lol: It was was late challenge, due to momentum, and a foul. That doesn't make it a booking though

His momentum carried him through, he wasn't in control i.e. reckless = yellow card.

http://eachgoal.com/newcastle-united-vs-brighton-hove-albion-2-0-highlights/

Highlights here for anyone who hasn't seen them, the red card is in there :razz:

He's definitely late, quite late, but you tend not to see them given in that situation with the keeper kicking it out, slightly odd for the player to be close enough to make contact though since they're usually going to block the clearance. Think it was justified personally.

Feeling pretty confident about the rest of the season now. Brighton looked decent by Cship standard but we still eased past them - I suppose the sending off is the only doubt as they could have 'revived' without it, but had our two main forwards played we'd have been far more comfortable anyway.

Roll on the next game.

Score 2 - Howay, Anorthernsoul, Dougle, Tom, ToonMarshy, scoobos, Jintsay, @yourservice, strawb, rogerbarton, Ant, Dr Gloom, vimalraja, Ausman

Concede 0 - Happy Face, zico martin, Howay, ewerk, Tom, scoobos, Kevin Carr's Gloves, OTF, rogerbarton, Ausman

Feeling pretty confident about the rest of the season now. Brighton looked decent by Cship standard but we still eased past them - I suppose the sending off is the only doubt as they could have 'revived' without it, but had our two main forwards played we'd have been far more comfortable anyway.

Roll on the next game.

Trust Rafa to take us up from this league. Even with the existing squad as it is. Was kind of hoping we'd be looking to lay some groundwork towards building a proper side for next season as well though. There's a long way to go towards that. Oh well, one step at a time I suppose.