As usual I know nowt about our latest signing but I must say I like the look of his you tube compilation. Now I know anyone can look decent in a few minutes of highlights, but I particularly like the many different type of goals he scores. The flicks, the round the keeper, the power shot, the dribble and score, the poacher.

Now I'm sure given his age and lukewarm reception he's probably in the donkey category, but I am actually excited to see him play :lol:

http://youtu.be/LvA6nErcnD8

Why? he's fucking awful

How do you not know anything about him either, he played in the premier league for Sunderland ffs?

I also don't mean he's kinda not good enough for us, i mean he wasn't good enough in some of the poorest leagues in the country and Ireland.

He's had one good season, ever, in his entire career.

A career spanning, league of ireland, premiership, SPL, championship he's scored more than 10 goals 3times, ever, we had midfielders do better in the championship... even Shola got 11

I'm sure you're all right. I just think if you watched that video not knowing who he was you would say he has a good range of types of goals.

Seeing that I feel quite confident that he would put chances away for us.

Don't see a downside really - Mitrovic will miss games through suspension which would mean relying on Gayle all year. I think he could easily score 8 or 9 goals which would be a help.

If we go up we'll get the money back from an Ipswich or a Blackburn next year.

Stanley Mathews played in the 1st. Division (no premier league in those days) when he was 50 years old.

Age is but a number, not an assessment of ability, capability, physicality.  33 is not necessarily over the hill,  individuals have their limitations but Murphy may surprise us.

He's scored 10+ league goals 3 seasons in a row. Something Gayle has never done. And he was quarter of the price. I'm not rushing out to get his name on a shirt, but he'll do for now.

Gayle has comfortably outscored him in the Premier League to be fair and Gayle has 4 goals to Murphy's 0 so far this season.

Fwiw I'm not at all opposed to this signing as I've said earlier this will allow us to play with a big physical presence up top when Mitro is out, it's hard to get a bloke with much quality willing to come and warm the bench for a Championship side tbh and at about 3m while also being probably the best forward at his previous club he fills the role quite nicely. If he manages 8 or so goals in a back up role to Mitro (or even something like 5 and a bunch of assists for Gayle / Perez) he'll have more than done his job and we could move him on for 1m or so. 

Yep, and part of his value will be influencing Mitrovic. He has the experience that coupled with Mitros ability could help to bring the Serbs game along. That and the mere fact that there is another option in the same style of player will help keep him motivated. There's more to it than just the 90 minutes.