Derby County v Necrotising Anal Fistula Lickers. 10 Sep. 5:30 K.O.

Monkeys Fist

Predict The Score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That may depend on who the relegated teams are.  If it's the likes of Burnley and Hull, they don't have too many assets they're going to get a lot of money for like we have been able to.  They'll be straight onto their parachute payments if they want to spend.  Us and Villa are far bigger clubs than them to so financially we're a lot better off anyway.  Burnley spend very little last time they came down.  Admittedly the size of the new tv deal does change things a bit but I don't think it will too much for teams like that.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may depend on who the relegated teams are.  If it's the likes of Burnley and Hull, they don't have too many assets they're going to get a lot of money for like we have been able to.  They'll be straight onto their parachute payments if they want to spend.  Us and Villa are far bigger clubs than them to so financially we're a lot better off anyway.  Burnley spend very little last time they came down.  Admittedly the size of the new tv deal does change things a bit but I don't think it will too much for teams like that.

Does mean they'd be able to look at the Championship sides and buy their best players for £5-£10m without breaking the bank too badly though. 

Does mean they'd be able to look at the Championship sides and buy their best players for £5-£10m without breaking the bank too badly though. 

Possibly but Burnley were in a very shakey financial position at the start of last season iirc.  I don't think you would see them going out and spending like us or Villa.  Their board are very conservative too.  They've spent next to nothing the last two times they've been promoted.

Either way, it's obvious if you miss out on getting promoted first time these days, it becomes a lot more difficult next time around.

Possibly but Burnley were in a very shakey financial position at the start of last season iirc.  I don't think you would see them going out and spending like us or Villa.  Their board are very conservative too.  They've spent next to nothing the last two times they've been promoted.

Either way, it's obvious if you miss out on getting promoted first time these days, it becomes a lot more difficult next time around.

I'd love for us and someone like Huddersfield or Derby to go up automatically and Villa to lose out in the playoff semis. In front of 20k "fans".

I'd love for us and someone like Huddersfield or Derby to go up automatically and Villa to lose out in the playoff semis. In front of 20k "fans".

As long as it's us I don't really care about anyone else.  Although seeing Villa fail would give me pleasure too and seeing a surprise smaller club go up with us would be nice to see.

Huddersfield haven't had a crack at the PL yet as far as I can remember, so I'd be up for them coming up with us.

Totally indifferent to Villa as long as they don't get in our way, really.

No. wrong. They're beige cunts.