Meenzer goes half Paula Radcliffe

Meenzer

Because you haven't had enough of Toontastic veterans doing things for charity this year, I've foolishly signed up to run the Royal Parks Half Marathon, which takes place exactly a month from today. I'm doing it to raise money for Parkinson's UK, because it's a dead good cause that's close to my heart and all that stuff.

If you fancy supporting me with a donation, I'd be really grateful - my fundraising page (including sexy running pics) is here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/faulknmd

I can't promise your money will go towards anything as concrete (arf) as cement and wheelbarrow tyres, nor will my photos be as evocative as Cath's lush ones from Peru, but you'll be helping to make a difference to people with Parkinson's and the people who support them, so that's canny. :good:

And either way, encouraging words and/or abuse will be greatly appreciated as I start to ramp up the training, so don't be shy. :D

Motherfucker, use Virgin Money Giving.

I don't know how many times I've had to tell you lot this! [emoji38] Just Giving charges charities to use their site, VMG doesn't.

This is the last time.

I will sponsor you though, but you're a very naughty homosexual man.

Motherfucker, use Virgin Money Giving.

I don't know how many times I've had to tell you lot this! [emoji38] Just Giving charges charities to use their site, VMG doesn't.

This is the last time.

I will sponsor you though, but you're a very naughty homosexual man.

"because" not "but", surely...

I blame the charities themselves for promoting JG alongside VMG. They're their own worst enemies... :unsure:

An excellent cause (though are there people really donating to terrible causes?) Good luck with it.

That's very kind of you, cheers. :good:

You've got me thinking now actually, what's the - if not actively terrible - strangest charity I've ever seen someone run/fundraise for...

• 3 weeks later...

Race day tomorrow, so obviously I'm down with a cold. :lol: It's going to be (even more) grim (than it would have been anyway), but I shall drag myself up and drag myself around regardless. #PrayForMeenzer :pray:

Right, so I'd been waiting to see if any of the official photos from run day were suitable to illustrate my heroic achievement, but unsurprisingly they're all terrible so I'll stick to text instead. :lol: Anyway, just wanted to say one last thankyou for all the generous support from Toontastic quarters. I managed to get around in just under 2 hours which was my pre-evil-manflu target, so I'm chuffed enough with that, and the fundraising went dead well too, thanks in no small part to you lot. You're all right, you know. :good:

Right, so I'd been waiting to see if any of the official photos from run day were suitable to illustrate my heroic achievement, but unsurprisingly they're all terrible so I'll stick to text instead. :lol: Anyway, just wanted to say one last thankyou for all the generous support from Toontastic quarters. I managed to get around in just under 2 hours which was my pre-evil-manflu target, so I'm chuffed enough with that, and the fundraising went dead well too, thanks in no small part to you lot. You're all right, you know. :good:

Well done, mate