QPR vs Jamaal's Jizz Junkies - Tues 13 Sep - 7.45pm Kick off

TheGingerQuiff

Predict The Score  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

If Lazaar isn't miles better than Dummett then he's a horrible signing.

With regards to Atsu, the wings is the position where we've got the least options.  Gouffran has surprised everyone the last few games but if that doesn't continue Atsu is the only real option.  But Rafa clearly is a fairly conservative manger so I don't think we're likely to see two attacking wingers and two attacking fullbacks away from home very often.

I agree wings have least depth, but Rafa seems to like the types of player that can play multiple positions. Yedlin & Lazaar can both play further up the pitch so I reckon they're on the bench covering 4 positions for now as they're new and we're away from home. If he wants it more attacking, they play full back when they come on, if he wants it more defensive he plays them on the win.

I'm just hoping Lazaar shows Dummett how to do the job when he does get his chance.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-1.  It's going to be difficult going from Derby and then down to London in a short space of time.  I'll be happy with a draw and keeping our unbeaten run going.  Mind you, the amount of options we have in the squad will give us a good chance to keep things fresh.

This is more-or-less my feelings on this one.

I'd be more worried about tiredness if I didn't think Rafa had intentionally rotated the squad for the Derby game.

I think there's a definite positive attitude in the side and I think we are going to see a bunch of lads vying to prove they belong in the usual starting 11 (whatever that is under Rafa).

Just looking at QPR, they seem to be doing ok this season so far. Are they still run by that pillock? I assume they are.

I can't really think why we wouldn't put them away, but on paper it does look like a potential banana skin. Huddersfield have Brighton away though which will hopefully be a similar problem for them.

Just looking at QPR, they seem to be doing ok this season so far. Are they still run by that pillock? I assume they are.

I can't really think why we wouldn't put them away, but on paper it does look like a potential banana skin. Huddersfield have Brighton away though which will hopefully be a similar problem for them.

They've played all of the bottom 3 teams at home (Leeds, Preston, Blackburn) and only taken 4 points from them. They've picked up two wins on the road, at Wigan (22nd) and Cardiff (18th). Their home form is pretty bad, 17th overall, and our away form is decent (5th). 

We've only failed to score in 1 game and have kept a clean sheet since Reading got a penalty in the 45th minute (4 1/2 games). 

Loftus Road's pitch is reportedly pretty small which should play to our defensive strengths.

We're in stride without playing particularly brilliantly, so this could be another "professional" performance, or QPR's debutants may want to put on a performance.

QPR.png

Newc.png

All of this points to a 1-0 win... Which is why there's no way I'm putting money on that :lol:

Nice post, thanks.

More confident having read that but still a bit unsure. It could just be that I'm not used to us winning in truth. Also you mentioned their small pitch - doesn't that inhibit our 'playing with width' style?

Rafa seemed happy to defend a single goal lead at Derby and I think the team did defend pretty well. I think the second goal was a bonus gift from Derby not leaving enough men back. I see the QPR game going the same-ish until the end. 0-1 for me but expecting some late drama.

Rafa seemed happy to defend a single goal lead at Derby and I think the team did defend pretty well. I think the second goal was a bonus gift from Derby not leaving enough men back. I see the QPR game going the same-ish until the end. 0-1 for me but expecting some late drama.

I think Rafa said as much. The plan was to keep the ball in the corner, then Shelvey saw Perez and Yedlin's movement.

Is this on TV anywhere? I assume the fact Champions League matches are going on is going to fuck up much hope of that.

I checked Bein sports over here and they've decided to put the Derby v Toon match on at the same time we play QPR :lol:

A draw would be a really good point, lets keep this unbeaten run going.

In terms of Lazaar from what ive seen of him, he looks more like a winger than a fullback. We could see at somestage 3 at the back with Yedlin and Lazaar as wingbacks

Sels

Anita       Lascellas   Clark    Dummett

Hayden        Shelvey

Ritchie         Perez             Gouffran

Mitrovic

Mbemba must have picked up a knock /: Not sure about that lineup, Diame is an important link between midfield and attack and Perez isnt as good in that role.

Lazaar, Yedlin, Gamez still not getting ahead of Anita and Dummett?

Don't understand that line up and can only think Mbemba and Diame have picked up knocks/being rested.

Lazaar, Yedlin, Gamez still not getting ahead of Anita and Dummett?

Don't understand that line up and can only think Mbemba and Diame have picked up knocks/being rested.

Both being rotated presumably because thats what Rafa does innit.

I think we're more likely to see sub debuts or home starts for the likes of those players until they're fully bedded in.

It looks more like it'll probably be Perez playing off Mitro rather than Perez being in Diame's link up role, it's what a lot of us have been hoping to get the chance to see for a while if it is that. I agree that Yedlin and Lazaar will probably be held back for the next home game.

Both being rotated presumably because thats what Rafa does innit.

I think we're more likely to see sub debuts or home starts for the likes of those players until they're fully bedded in.

I was hoping to see Yedlin start at least. Perch isn't quick at all and Yedlin's pace would terrify him.