QPR vs Jamaal's Jizz Junkies - Tues 13 Sep - 7.45pm Kick off

TheGingerQuiff

Predict The Score  

44 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like a year's worth of perfect pre season!

Looking forward to the reality check of promotion and subsequent Rafa departure and the shitting upon of all my football dreams once more. [emoji41]

Good times!

Stippy stibbip that way all can telln

I can't quite believe the gulf in quality between this and the PL. Some of these teams come up and you think that a fair few from down here could go toe to toe with the lower PL teams but fucking hell I doubt it on this evidence.

I had been convinced that the Championship was much stronger this time round, but this is like Accadacca all over again. There are still some decent sides in this league, but honestly, there are some absolute shite. We put 6 past QPR at their place, what are we capable of doing to Leeds, Preston or Burton Albion at St James'? 

Perez sounded excellent, as did Shelvey. He's quickly becoming one of our most important players. Which worries me slightly, as who else do we have that can come in at centre mid and be creative?

Thing is, when Shelvey is rotated/injured I trust in Rafa to modify our approach so that his absence isn't disastrous. I'd imagine Diame would be given more license to attack and he'd carry the ball rather than launching it forward. Apparently Hayden was pinging the ball about too, so perhaps he can help out?

Fucking Hell this is brilliant, isn't it?

:lol:

I am chuffed for Shelvey.  He is playing with confidence and seems to be buzzing.  Perez seems to have learnt too from the opening games and isnt trying all the little fanny flicks etc.  Still showing some flair.

All in all, everyone is grafting like fuck.

I still cant understand why Ritchie wasnt snapped up by a PL club.  The kid is class.

:lol:

I am chuffed for Shelvey.  He is playing with confidence and seems to be buzzing.  Perez seems to have learnt too from the opening games and isnt trying all the little fanny flicks etc.  Still showing some flair.

All in all, everyone is grafting like fuck.

I still cant understand why Ritchie wasnt snapped up by a PL club.  The kid is class.

By all accounts he was far more physical last night. Once he really gets used to this league he'll piss it because his technique is good enough to make up for his size. Just like Armstrong. or Ritchie. 

I wonder what odds we can get on Newcastle scoring 100+ goals now?

still think mitro/perez might turn out to be our best front two pairing

Agree, but Gayle has done enough to get plenty of starts.

There'll be games we can play all 3 as well.

It's amazing what a few wins does for confidence.

I mean, just look at the comments on this thread compared to say the Huddersfield one. :)

Loving this season so far, after the last few shitty ends of the stick we've been given.

Long may it continue.

I've always thought the Championship is full of utter dross tbh, when you have a league that a bloke like Cameron Jerome can get 15+ goals in a season in it you have to figure it's canny shite. Plus look how utterly fucking god awful we had to be last season to actually get relegated, that comes from the fact utter bilge gets promoted. I was surprised when people (meaning pundits and outsiders here, our fans I'll excuse because we were so bad last season it was hard to see us beating a conference side) were talking about how tough the league is, half the time they made it seem like it was harder than the Premier League (saying Rafa had no experience of it etc, despite him managing to prevail in the toughest competitions in club football). I've noticed the referees aren't as lenient with physical play as they were last time we were down which tbh plays into our hands as well.

I was shocked when we lost the first two and thought I might have underestimated the league, it seems the players did as well. I'm actually glad we lost those two games looking back as the players are under no illusions that all they need to do is turn up but they also know that if they apply themselves and play to their ability we can fucking hammer sides, if we had won every game so far I'd be a bit nervous of over confidence but Rafa will be pointing to those two games as an example that they have to stay professional.

Mostly depends on the level of investment. If we can get promoted without spending any more in January Rafa should have a large sum of cash to turn the current squad into a capable PL one and he'll be able to clear out a lot of the Championship level players to the relegated sides / promotion pushing sides. I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar season to the 1st season back under Hughton where we're challenging top half positions, confidence does a hell of a lot and Rafa would comfortably be in the top 10 managers in the PL.