Away games

Leon

After seeing the atmosphere last night I fancy trying to get to a couple of the away games. Apart from the ticket, are they buses, trains, skateboards you can book to travel on with other supporters or is it case of just making your own way? How do you know which bars to be in before the game?

After seeing the atmosphere last night I fancy trying to get to a couple of the away games. Apart from the ticket, are they buses, trains, skateboards you can book to travel on with other supporters or is it case of just making your own way? How do you know which bars to be in before the game?

Plenty of twitter accounts that sort away day travel, @@Ugly Mackems on here does stuff like that too. 

Away day pubs are pretty easily googled, but again, Twitter is a good resource for that kind of thing.

WTF is this designated away bars shite? :lol: I reckon we should try this up here;

Brighton fan: "err, excuse me officer, can you direct me and the guys to the official away pub, please?"

PC Geordie: "Yes, the away bar today, gentleman is called 'The Scrogg'. You can get the 39 or 40 bus and get off on Welbeck Road near the library. The Scrogg' is more or less opposite."

WTF is this designated away bars shite? :lol: I reckon we should try this up here;

Brighton fan: "err, excuse me officer, can you direct me and the guys to the official away pub, please?"

PC Geordie: "Yes, the away bar today, gentleman is called 'The Scrogg'. You can get the 39 or 40 bus and get off on Welbeck Road near the library. The Scrogg' is more or less opposite."

I was going for more of which bars everyone else is heading into so I didn't sit like billy no mates slipping away in the Dog and Duck while 2,999 other fans partied down the street in the Fox and Hound.

I was going for more of which bars everyone else is heading into so I didn't sit like billy no mates slipping away in the Dog and Duck while 2,999 other fans partied down the street in the Fox and Hound.

:lol:

Just follow the noise.

? it's a pretty reasonable question like. If you're making your own way to the game it's good to know which pub will likely have the majority of the away fans in it. Plus there's a load of pubs that will turn away people wearing colours so to save an arseache trawling around for somewhere that will let you in, it makes sense to ask people where the away fans usually go.

The Scrogg btw. :lol: Is that still there?

? it's a pretty reasonable question like. If you're making your own way to the game it's good to know which pub will likely have the majority of the away fans in it. Plus there's a load of pubs that will turn away people wearing colours so to save an arseache trawling around for somewhere that will let you in, it makes sense to ask people where the away fans usually go.

Fair enough, but we usually just turned up and went with the crowd. The Scrogg is still there as far as I know but the last time I went in was the mid 90's. Was also the first time I went in as well by a strange coincidence. ;)

Had a little look and the Scrogg Inn is now a CIU club. Bet it's mint. Never actually been in but I used to go past there all the time as a bairn as me gran used to live nearby (between the Lightfoot and Walker Park). Always looked like an absolute dive. Even the name (I realise it's on Scrogg Road btw ;) ).