Dealing with a school bully ?

trooper

If the kid doesn't know your son has brothers? then they shouldn't really let him know who they are. If it kicks off then just grab him by the scruff of the neck and give him the verbals.

Just be careful here as if they're older than 18 they could get in bother if they overdo it...

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing your lad can do Trooper is not show fear - he doesn't need to be going in all guns blazing and pummelling the little shithouse, but he can't let this kid know he's scared ( even if he's shitting himself).

Bullies thrive on the fear.

I was bullied at school by this utter cunt, still no idea why, but him and his two sidekicks spent a year trying to break me.

I was pretty much the smallest lad in my year at 14, and this twat was one of the forwards on the rugby team-massive but fucking slow, I could outrun him all day everyday, and often had to :lol:

He'd collar me in and out of school, and if I couldn't get away he'd have me up against the wall, hand on my throat, promising all sorts of kickings, but that was as far as it went.

First couple of times it happened I was terrified, but then realised he was all piss and wind- if he was going to batter me, he'd had the chances.

After that, I'd show no fear to him, which he fucking hated and didn't have the wit to not show it. :lol:

My point is, whilst having his brothers trail him is sound advice (first priority is protect your lad from violence), ultimately if this little turd decides to carry it on, its down to your lad to deal with it.

It's all well and good saying

" He needs to just fucking welly the kid",

but if your boy isn't a scrapper, it's not going to happen, is it?

Talk with your lad and fill him full of confidence, tell him he doesn't need to fight but he mustn't be a pushover either.

If all that fails, go round the kids house and stick the heed on his dad ;)

MF putting across really well what I was trying to convey. Great post.

:good:

I have to say, the following summer I turned into a right muscly fucker ( puberty- fucking great at times :lol: ) and when I went back to school he'd lost interest, so I collared his sidekicks individually and give them a right slapping.

giphy.gif

Best thing your lad can do Trooper is not show fear - he doesn't need to be going in all guns blazing and pummelling the little shithouse, but he can't let this kid know he's scared ( even if he's shitting himself).

Bullies thrive on the fear.

I was bullied at school by this utter cunt, still no idea why, but him and his two sidekicks spent a year trying to break me.

I was pretty much the smallest lad in my year at 14, and this twat was one of the forwards on the rugby team-massive but fucking slow, I could outrun him all day everyday, and often had to :lol:

He'd collar me in and out of school, and if I couldn't get away he'd have me up against the wall, hand on my throat, promising all sorts of kickings, but that was as far as it went.

First couple of times it happened I was terrified, but then realised he was all piss and wind- if he was going to batter me, he'd had the chances.

After that, I'd show no fear to him, which he fucking hated and didn't have the wit to not show it. :lol:

My point is, whilst having his brothers trail him is sound advice (first priority is protect your lad from violence), ultimately if this little turd decides to carry it on, its down to your lad to deal with it.

It's all well and good saying

" He needs to just fucking welly the kid",

but if your boy isn't a scrapper, it's not going to happen, is it?

Talk with your lad and fill him full of confidence, tell him he doesn't need to fight but he mustn't be a pushover either.

If all that fails, go round the kids house and stick the heed on his dad ;)

I can't imagine you being bullied MF.

The first time I was bullied I couldn't sleep, so I got up at 5 and went round his house and waited for him to lumber out  half asleep and broke my hockey stick over his head. Good days.

Edited by Park Life

It's all nerds on these internet forums.  Every one bullied, apart from me of course.

I wasn't, these were just isolated incidents from primary school I mentioned. By comp I was pretty much the perfect specimen. Fastest kid in the school, star striker for the school team which pissed the league every year and predicted all A*s as well. It was only when I got a lass in year 10 and I started skiving off to shag her that it all went downhill.

I wasn't, these were just isolated incidents from primary school I mentioned. By comp I was pretty much the perfect specimen. Fastest kid in the school, star striker for the school team which pissed the league every year and predicted all A*s as well. It was only when I got a lass in year 10 and I started skiving off to shag her that it all went downhill.

Ah, so you're the one.

I can't imagine you being bullied MF.

:lol:

Like I said, I was the smallest/youngest in my year until I was 15.

I went from this

IyRkQ9b.jpg

( me in the orange cagoule, I was 12 here) I was this size until I was 14+.

to this

JG7fwfT.jpg

Just before I turned 15, I'm in the left, who everyone on the right is looking at with raw lust :lol: ( well, the teacher on the far right is anyway, she's definitely staring at my luggage :lol: )

Sorry to hear about it, trooper. I think somewhere along the lines most kids are bullied and bully in some form. It's dog eat dog and they're all little shits to varying degrees. The main thing to reinforce is it won't last forever and it won't seem that important when he's through it and the bully is no longer in his life. I'm worried my five year old is being bullied, though it's physiological bullying so not quite as big a concern. His best mate basically dropped him for this other kid and now my boy keeps following the other two around but three seems to be a crowd. Still hard to watch though and a pretty tough life lesson at that age.

Edited by Dr Gloom

After 20+ years working in schools, I have seen this more than a few times over the years.

The school should be more supportive than you are describing. Politely press them on the strategies that have been put in place to guarantee that the lad will be safe whilst in their care. We would usually offer some sort of mediation between the kids to resolve underlying issues, assign a peer mentor or support teacher \ staff to keep an eye on things and to support your son.

I would also ask his mates to look out for him in school, on the way home or when in the local community. Bullies rarely act when they think they might get something back. Security in numbers. 

I don't recommend parent to parent meetings - as previously mentioned, you don't know how amenable the other parents are and it could make things worse. 

I would also press the police for a response. If you have reported it as an assault then they should investigate and report back to you.

As a minimum I would expect that they have visited him and his parents or have called them in for a good talking to. This will be logged on their system. 

I would worry about the older boys getting into bother if it kicked off. They will be deemed as older, more mature and putting hands on a minor never looks good.

Similarly if your lad responded, he could get into trouble, so make sure that any physical response is a last resort, is in self defence and in view of people who could back him up and testify that he was acting to protect himself. 

Keep a log of events e.g. incidents, communication with the police, communication with the school etc. until this is resolved.

Also Kidscape are pretty good. Sound advice on the website and you can give them a call too:

https://www.kidscape.org.uk/advice/advice-for-parents-and-carers/parent-advice-line/ 

Hope it gets resolved soon.

:lol:

Like I said, I was the smallest/youngest in my year until I was 15.

I went from this IyRkQ9b.jpg

( me in the orange cagoule, I was 12 here) I was this size until I was 14+.

to this JG7fwfT.jpg

Just before I turned 15, I'm in the left, who everyone on the right is looking at with raw lust :lol: ( well, the teacher on the far right is anyway, she's definitely staring at my luggage :lol: )

The short shorts and leather loafers with white socks is a solid look.

Sorry to hear about it, trooper. I think somewhere along the lines most kids are bullied and bully in some form. It's dog eat dog and they're all little shits to varying degrees. The main thing to reinforce is it won't last forever and it won't seem that important when he's through it and the bully is no longer in his life. I'm worried my five year old is being bullied, though it's physiological bullying so not quite as big a concern. His best mate basically dropped him for this other kid and now my boy keeps following the other two around but three seems to be a crowd. Still hard to watch though and a pretty tough life lesson at that age.

Physiological bullying is a new one on me, you feckin' hipster!

Buy a crowbar - 

Have your son smash him with it right over the patella tendon, try to damage both the bone and muscle as much as possible, which will provide an incredible short term pain and months of disability as well as giving a good chance of damaging his ability to walk entirely. 

If he's caught simply whisper 'snitches get stitches' and wave the bar about angrily. 

sorted.