Colossal Collection of Cunterheads v Wolves - Sat 17 Sept @ 3pm

Happy Face

Predict the score  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Tell it like it is, St. James a fortress is bull-shit, for sure Benitez got it all wrong,  Anita the lightweight became a heavy, Dummett would be a great player somewhere else, rotation can be a violation,  had a feeling the bubble would burst, Gayle should be for sale, goal difference slashed, promotion is anybody's guess.

:lol:  Have a word man.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How have you made it so far into life without topping yourself?

In the last week we've played three games, 2 wins and a loss 8 for 2 against and you, and several others, sound like you're about to cut your bloody wrists.

:lol: Aye I mean we're going to get clipped like this now and again. Rafa got done over today and he'll know that, the players also need to give their heads a shake as I think they sadly come in over confident after the QPR result. The consistency issues will hopefully get sorted out but we're inevitably going to get shitty results like this. We have to be more aggressive at home mind.

Dear Andrew,

I have got this far into life without topping myself because I have a high threshold for pain and discomfort which are necessities when being a Newcastle supporter.

If you readily accept woeful performances without a murmur of dismay or admonishment  then the force be with you.

I'm entitled to my opinion and right to criticize, and like I said, I lost my rose-tinted specs, perhaps you're wearing them. :bye:

Dear Andrew,

I have got this far into life without topping myself because I have a high threshold for pain and discomfort which are necessities when being a Newcastle supporter.

If you readily accept woeful performances without a murmur of dismay or admonishment  then the force be with you.

I'm entitled to my opinion and right to criticize, and like I said, I lost my rose-tinted specs, perhaps you're wearing them. :bye:

I understand you were having a bit of fun with the language of the post Andrew and myself were responding to, but there are degrees of reason.

We're talking about the end of a 6! game winning streak, it's far from rose-tinted specs to think that's not the end of the world.  Even if we are a little bit gutted.

I keep hearing from people that Brighton (or Bristol, can't remember which) lost 5 games last year and failed to go up. They got playoffs but lost out.

Obviously not great news for us. That said, it's a rather basic analysis and doesn't take draws into consideration.

Edited by Rayvin

I keep hearing from people that Brighton (or Bristol, can't remember which) lost 5 games last year and failed to go up. They got playoffs but lost out.

Obviously not great news for us. That said, it's a rather basic analysis and doesn't take draws into consideration.

Brighton did have a shit load of draws - a few runs of 5 or 6 wins with one defeat would see us through.

With form exactly like our first eight games we'd end the season with 86 points. And that would allow for about 17 defeats :D It's only been enough for auto promotion twice in the last 8 seasons though.

I think the bottom line is we're likely to learn from this - it was clearly a display of complacency - and it'll probably do us some good long run. I think we'll end up with plenty more than 86 points.

Not sure it was a display of complacency, we were just shite and lacking in the ideas to break them down. Similar to Huddersfield really and that's going to be the game plan for teams this year. They were all shocking but special mention to Dummett who clearly doesn't want the ball and Perez who spent most of the time farting about and losing the ball.

NUFC to Score

0 - 

1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, wykikitoon, Holden McGroin

2 - ewerk, Ant, ohhh_yeah, @yourservice, StoneColdStephenIreland, McFaul , Kitman, The Fish, ToonMarshy, Dickie

3 - tooner, Rayvin, Andrew, Howay, strawb, scoobos, Jintsay, SpartaFC, rogerbarton, zico martin, CraigCooper, David Kelly, Dougle, StraightEdgeWizard, Anorthernsoul

4+ - Happy Face, MiddleAgeCool, Dr Gloom, Tom, vimalraja, TheGingerQuiff

NUFC to Concede

0 - Happy Face, ewerk, tooner, Rayvin, ohhh_yeah, Howay, MiddleAgeCool, Dr Gloom, strawb, Kevin Carr's Gloves, scoobos, McFaul , Tom, Kitman, Jintsay, SpartaFC, wykikitoon, rogerbarton, The Fish, Dickie, Dougle, StraightEdgeWizard, Anorthernsoul, TheGingerQuiff

1 - Ant, Andrew, StoneColdStephenIreland, zico martin, CraigCooper, Holden McGroin, David Kelly, vimalraja

2 - @yourservice, ToonMarshy

3 - 

4+ - 

The positives to take from this,

We've a game tomorrow to put this disappointment right

It's still early in the Championship season

CT didn't get any points for his predictions.

:good:

It was a truly dreadful performance, probably our worst of the season.  A few of the players came out last week and said losing the first two games was the best thing that could have happened.  Well I think equally, Tuesday's 6-0 was the worst thing that could have happened.  I don't think their heads were right for this game at all.  None of them turned up at the beginning of the game, and if you don't start with the right attitude it's difficult to change it as the game goes on.

I also think Rafa deserves criticism for his team selection.  I'm not concerned about rotation but I'm sure he knows that most teams are going to come here and just try to defend and hit us on the brake.  He must have faced this at Madrid and other teams he's managed so he should be able to work out a way to counteract it.  For me, starting with two up front would have gone a long way towards it.  It would have but them more on the back front and we might have been able to get Gayle into the game more.  He's going to struggle being up against two massive centrebacks (both of them seemed a good couple of inches taller than Mitro) by himself.  I think he also needs to look at how he's using Diame.  I still think he's finding his full fitness but I don't think where he's playing is helping him either.  He's not a forward but he's playing as almost a second striker and it's not allowing him to be in the game enough.  He'd be better off further back and I'm sure he'd boss the middle of the park.

No need to panic at all like.  Six wins on the bounce is great going and it's difficult for any team in any division to keep runs like that going.  They just need to work hard and start again (oh and drop Dummett) which I sure is what Rafa will have them doing.

The positives to take from this,

We've a game tomorrow to put this disappointment right

It's still early in the Championship season

CT didn't get any points for his predictions.

:good:

I predicted we'd concede 2 but as usual it didn't get counted. I'd probably still be top of the league if it wasn't for all this carry on. Not that I'm bothered. ;)

I predicted we'd concede 2 but as usual it didn't get counted. I'd probably still be top of the league if it wasn't for all this carry on. Not that I'm bothered. ;)

You got minus points for predicting we'd score 6.