Rafa'd

The Fish

Rafa'd  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Gouff was pretty good in his half season 2012/13 after arriving, and continued that form through the first half of 2013/14.

Didn't he score in 5 consecutive home games at one point?

We were absolutely shite from 2014 through til mid 2016 (other than one flukey Pardew run in Nov/Dec 14) and I think Gouff's form dropped with that.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gouf is most improved under Rafa by far. He's been gash for ages but looks like he's got his confidence back. Whether that's mainly down to Rafa or the quality of the opposition remains to be seen.

Yeah come on people, old Mr Level Headed is here to talk to you about not getting carried away.

"Can everyone please manage their predictions? What's that? My prediction? 6-2 obvs."

I actually think Dummett has been alright. He's part of a defence that's only shipped 1 goal in 6 games so he's definitely not letting people glide past him at every opportunity. Still shit going forward like.

Gouffran is like Dumbo, it's been in him all along. And he's got big ears.

Shelvey has went from looking like a lazy, uncommitted tart only interested in pinging Hollywood balls every 10 minutes to a industrious, intelligent midfielder who is showing his range of passing and chipping in with goals. He'll be in the Championship Team of the Season, I reckon and I'd say he's the answer. Some of his displays at the back end of last season were dogshit.

Freddy Shepherd thinks Rafa has turned the squad into the Entertainers version two and we need more statues. :D

"I see similarities, it feels like a rebirth, even a revolution, getting rid of so many players and bringing new ones in who are committed to the cause."

"There have been times when I’ve been in despair – so has everybody – but let’s hope we’ve broken through that wall and are marching on again."

"I want to believe it is thinking like a big club once again."

"The feel-good factor is definitely back and a lot of that is down to Rafa staying on."

"We’ll get promotion this season, no doubt about it, but after that, I’d love to see us giving it a real go again."

"Wouldn’t it be lovely if a few years down the line, there’s a statue of Rafa alongside Alan, Sir Bobby Robson and Jackie Milburn."

Hard to describe anyone as Rafa'd given we are now playing very shit teams, very few have seen enough full matches to comment and the fact we've played so few games as yet.

Yeah, imagine people commenting on stuff they have no knowledge of and haven't even seen

I don't know you know, there's a feeling in the air. Also, the massive kudos he's instantly got for staying with us when relegated , in the same year he led one of the best clubs in the world.

Could be a fairy-tale in the making .

Not sure how much is simply down to Gouffran playing in his natural position?

Aye, it's this for me.  

He was a good squad player for the Premiership.  Grafter with some skill.  Was bound to be decent at this level if given a chance to play his game.