The Utter Beige v Colback's Used Nickleback Tampax Suckers

sammynb

Predictions  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What game were you watching Mr. strawb?

One of the better teams in the league? 17th place with 9 points is where they're at and wouldn't be there if we hadn't gifted them a point.

Missed a couple of decent chances?  Diame missed and absolute sitter,, and Gayle fluffed a one on one with the keeper.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa were horrific for the majority of the game, only after the offside goal did they wake up

By that time they should have been dead and buried. We were struggling to keep posession with Gayle up top on his own and Mitrovic should have been brought on. Even if he doesnt fancy Mitro, why not Murphy? Hes just paid 3m for him

Why Rafa didnt change things is beyond me it really. Didnt even use his third sub either

They are quite shite like, no way will they be challenging at the top.

This, they look dreadful. They didn't do anything until the offside goal got their backs up about 15-20 mins into the 2nd half, even then we'd have been fine if we had a keeper that would take a bit of ownership of his box and forwards that could score (or even work together).

If we had come away with 3 points it would not have been deserved,, and we were more than lucky to come away with 1..

Absolute utter bollocks, Noelie. We dominated most of the match and bar some poor finishing would have been well out of sight by the time Villa scored. Good performance but worryingly lacking in teeth up front.

Options on the bench though. Rafa needs to shuffle his pack.

Not convinced with Diame in the advanced position. He might be better breaking from deeper or on one of the flanks. Still feel we need Mitrovic's physical presence to help with ball retention

NUFC to Score

0 - Kitman

1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, David Kelly, Holden McGroin, StoneColdStephenIreland, Happy Face, jonasjuice, Renton, barnabox, @yourservice, arc89, Dougle, gpirlo68, TheGingerQuiff

2 - ewerk, trophyshy, McFaul , Rayvin, Howay, Dr Gloom, Anorthernsoul, tooner, Monkeys Fist, Tom, strawb, acrossthepond, wykikitoon, Ant, OTF

3 - rogerbarton, Christmas Tree , zico martin, Andrew, ohhh_yeah, MiddleAgeCool, scoobos, vimalraja

4+ - 

NUFC to Concede

0 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, rogerbarton, trophyshy, McFaul , David Kelly, Howay, Dr Gloom, tooner, Monkeys Fist, ohhh_yeah, Tom, strawb, scoobos, vimalraja, arc89

1 - ewerk, Christmas Tree , StoneColdStephenIreland, Anorthernsoul, zico martin, jonasjuice, Andrew, barnabox, acrossthepond, MiddleAgeCool, Dougle, wykikitoon, Ant, OTF, gpirlo68

2 - Rayvin, Holden McGroin, Happy Face, Renton, @yourservice, TheGingerQuiff

3 - Kitman

4+ - 

Should have been game over first half. Also seen nothing yet from Mitro to suggest he should be starting. His most telling contribution today was giving the ball away that eventually led to their goal.

He didn't manage to impress you in the ten minutes he got when we had our arses to the wall? For shame!

There was one cross at the end that was way too high & only Sels was anywhere near it. He just needed to scoop it out of the air. So, naturally, he flaps at it & punches to nowhere. He has to go now, especially given Darlow's EFL Cup performances.

Overall, very frustrating. We'd have wanted more than 16 points from the first 9 games & are in the thick of the pack. Still, at least we are in that pack. And I expect we'll be better placed to continue the form longer term... Huge game now on Weds though.

Which bellend did the poll and put NUFC to concede first?

Jesus wept.

This bellend, it's an away game therefore home team's score comes first.

It was like Newcastle of old once the panic set in. Tiote should not be anywhere near the squad let alone on the pitch.

When Yedin went off Lascelles should have been moved to rb & Hanley used.

Also others have said Diame should have been hooked earlier, personally I think for Perez as Villa could not cope with pace.

When it was 0-1 for so long & they kept missing sitters it was inevitable.

Edited by sammynb

Have to say I'm not impressed by Diame so far - one ball against Bristol City aside, I think he's been invisible when not missing chances.

He's incredibly clumsy it seems, Sissoko level technique.

Should have been game over first half. Also seen nothing yet from Mitro to suggest he should be starting. His most telling contribution today was giving the ball away that eventually led to their goal.

Mitrovic wants shooting for that fucking back heel. A one on one missed by both Gayle and Mitrovic in successive league games. Not good enough. Surprised nobody mentioned mitrovic and his part in their goal up to this point in the thread.

Mitrovic wants shooting for that fucking back heel. A one on one missed by both Gayle and Mitrovic in successive league games. Not good enough. Surprised nobody mentioned mitrovic and his part in their goal up to this point in the thread.

Aye I noticed that - having a dodgy keeper is one thing but giving the ball away stupidly and it leading to corners putting pressure on said keeper is just as shit.

Frustrating and typical nufc in a lot of ways but no reason to panic. I think what threw the players was how easy it was for the first 15 mins of the second half and they got conplacent. Then when villa belatedly had a go it took them by surprise, they panicked and never managed to regain control. Although I agree that diame doesn't seem very convincing so far I've not got too many problems with the selection cos it worked so well for an hour - if one of those sitters had been taken we'd have had a comfortable win, and you just can't legislate for misses like that. It's a long old season and we've got a good return from this potentiallt tricky run of early fixtures with a lot of new players - I still think we'll be fine

I think that's a good point Dickie, we've played a lot of teams expected to be up the top end of the table challenging for play off or automatic spots and have a lot of the dregs to play.

I do think we need to start playing with a big man up top, I think Rafa sees Diame as filling that role when he plays him up with Gayle but I just don't think they work great as a pair. I'd really like to see Perez get a good run up top alongside either Mitro or Murphy.