Is there a song that makes you cry / chokes you up?

Christmas Tree

:lol:

Whenever I hear Sacrifice, Elton John it makes me think of when my Aunt died.  My fathers only sibling and it was released at the time she was really poorly.  She passed away and my dad listened to it for a week none stop.  I never saw him cry or anything just sit in a daze listening to it.  I was only 9 and I didnt understand I was gutted .

To humour you though, this one is 50/50 with me.

It was one of the pieces of music we chose for my brothers funeral, and I can listen to it sometimes and be fine, other times it slays me- specifically the crescendo from 2:40 onwards.

When I visited the Thiepval Memorial last year we went to the visitor centre first, then went to the memorial and found my Great Uncle, all good, felt quite pleased I'd gone and paid my respects and that.

We decided to pop back in to the visitor centre for a coffee and just after I walked in, guess what came on over the PA?

It was dusty for a minute or two :lol:

So, come on then you flaming homo, what's set you off tonight?

Odds on its Adele or Celine Dion.

I've just listened to Kiss FM for the last fortnight at work courtesy of the Albanian gangsters I "foolishly" loaned my radio to. I was too scared to ask them to change it back to 6 music. I finally cracked yesterday when I heard Justin Bieber for 378th time :glare:

I'm a complete fanny when it comes to music - if it doesn't move you - from joyful ecstacy all the way to tears and all points in between then what's its point?

Anyway a few:

Running to stand still - U2

St Swithins day - Billy Bragg

Thief - Belly

Full of Grace - Sarah McLachlan

1000 blue Caribou - Drugstore

To humour you though, this one is 50/50 with me.

http://youtu.be/sUgoBb8m1eE

It was one of the pieces of music we chose for my brothers funeral, and I can listen to it sometimes and be fine, other times it slays me- specifically the crescendo from 2:40 onwards.

When I visited the Thiepval Memorial last year we went to the visitor centre first, then went to the memorial and found my Great Uncle, all good, felt quite pleased I'd gone and paid my respects and that.

We decided to pop back in to the visitor centre for a coffee and just after I walked in, guess what came on over the PA?

It was dusty for a minute or two :lol:

So, come on then you flaming homo, what's set you off tonight?

Odds on its Adele or Celine Dion.

Aye that's a moving piece.

My dad was in his 90's when he died and had had a great innings so a different kind of sadness to losing a brother. But I'm the youngest of 7 and it was quite comical when each of us suggested songs / tunes etc that we thought would be fitting. Quite a weird collection of stuff.

The trauma my kids will have to go through for me :lol:

The trauma my kids will have to go through for me :lol:

"And so we bid farewell to a dearly loved dad and grandad, tragically pecked to death by a flock of angry budgies. Let us take a moment to think of him as his family feels he would wish to be remembered."

*click*

"Jitterbug.

Jitterbug.

Jitterbug.

Jitterbug.

You put the boom-boom into my heart..."

For a true memorial to CT, though, they'll have to wait a few years then spend a Sunday digging him back up whilst dresssd in camo gear. ;)

Tubs, the other two songs we played at my bro's send-off were more fitting to who he was .....

I'd suggest for you

And this, whist the gathered mourners pass inject themselves with bong

"And so we bid farewell to a dearly loved dad and grandad, tragically pecked to death by a flock of angry budgies. Let us take a moment to think of him as his family feels he would wish to be remembered."

*click*

"Jitterbug.

Jitterbug.

Jitterbug.

Jitterbug.

You put the boom-boom into my heart..."