Truffle Butter Scoffing Parasites V Rotherham / 1st October / 3pm KO

Anorthernsoul

Score Prediction  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See we moan a lot about how rough we have it but then you have lads like that who are genuinely excited to be watching games in the Championship as they get to watch teams of Newcastle's calibre play theirs. Seem a good bunch and I hope they're right in their predictions that it's going to be a mullering.

This is precisely the game NUFC would typically lose but I'm predicting a 3-0 convincing win. Gayle to get two, one of which will be from a Mitro knock down.

I haven't been that impressed with Diame. Think Mitrovic brings more to the team in that role and will create more space for Gayle to exploit

Agreed, I just don't think Diame is doing a lot. I'd prefer to give Mitro a run there and see what Gayle can do playing off him but I'd even prefer just sticking Perez in behind Gayle over Diame playing.

I haven't been impressed with diame on the ball either but mitrovic doesn't play the same role - mitro doesnt play in behind the striker. It might be that Rafa decides to go 2 up front based on something he's seen in rotherhams set-up, but I just can't understand why some people are so keen to change a system that has served us so well. It would be different if we were struggling but we're 3rd and have recently have played teams off the park for large chunks of games (qpr, villa and norwich in particular), for the first time in years

Agreed, I just don't think Diame is doing a lot. I'd prefer to give Mitro a run there and see what Gayle can do playing off him but I'd even prefer just sticking Perez in behind Gayle over Diame playing.

Perez behind gayle is more viable in my opinion, but perez has demonstrated he's just as apt to go missing as diame over the past couple of seasons. No particular need to change things in my opinion - it's working well

For those certain people:

beIN Sports Connect  ....... Menu is showing the match will be broadcast on their online network,   channel 4,  starting at 6:45 am,  California time.

I haven't been impressed with diame on the ball either but mitrovic doesn't play the same role - mitro doesnt play in behind the striker. It might be that Rafa decides to go 2 up front based on something he's seen in rotherhams set-up, but I just can't understand why some people are so keen to change a system that has served us so well. It would be different if we were struggling but we're 3rd and have recently have played teams off the park for large chunks of games (qpr, villa and norwich in particular), for the first time in years

It's not so much wanting a 4-4-2 for me, it's more about wanting to drop Diame (who isn't doing much) and start Mitrovic (who needs to get game time). If you're doing that, it makes sense to play Mitrovic up front alongside Gayle. If you're going to try 4-4-2, away to rock bottom Rotherham is the time to try it. Less pressure from the Newcastle support, facing a comparatively weak opposition and after a confidence boosting last gasp winner. 

Rotherham have conceded 2 or more in all but 1 game (a 1-0 win against Brentford) giving them the worst defence in the league. We've scored 21, scoring twice in 3/4s of our games and boasting the best attack in the league.

beIN Sports Connect  ....... Menu is showing the match will be broadcast on their online network,   channel 4,  starting at 6:45 am,  California time.

Likewise here but on beIN 3, midnight KO.

So it should be streamed somewhere.

From a Rotherham message board;

CH5 is absolutely awful, but the BBC was no better either after MOTD. They should bring back the regional weekly football show on ITV - they knew about your team / history / development (or lack of), not the watered down **** you get from that fat Brighton defender, who must study the book on 'the world's most lamest and general football cliches' (written of course by Steve Claridge).

No word of a lie - you will tonk us big time. Anybody that can score 4 against Norwich and 6 against QPR will tear us a new one. It will also be our pleasure to give you goals from our own mistakes at pertinent points of the game, such as straight after KO or just before half time. Be warned though - if you score too many too early the last 3rd of the game might be utter dull (although it might not as we like to concede plenty of goals here).

The main feature of our play is trying to defend by stepping off, and creating the lines. However the problem here is that your average L1 team can break those lines easily, and your team will pass around us for fun while we go dizzy watching. Dwight Gayle will think he's playing against a bunch of U10s

It will be like a home game for you as you visit the NYS library.

As for your lot, sort out your inconsistencies like Wolves / Huddersfield at home and you'll be fine - this league is split into 3. Those with mega bucks money and parachute payments, those who are established Champ campaigners but don't want to risk the 'investment' in chasing the Prem dream, and then those down the bottom who haven't got 2 brass monkeys to spend.

You'll enjoy your day, make a lot of noise, have some good bants in the pubs in the town centre (which is only a 5 mins walk away).

Just try to laugh at the handful of millers 'fans' who think they're 'well ard' - but please go easy - I don't think most of them are out of college yet!

Perez behind gayle is more viable in my opinion, but perez has demonstrated he's just as apt to go missing as diame over the past couple of seasons. No particular need to change things in my opinion - it's working well

I don't think it has been working all that well, we lost against Huddersfield, Wolves, drew with Aston Villa and were losing to Norwich with that system, we did beat Bristol, Derby and Brighton with it (Only 6 shots on target in total between those 3 games), but we fucking battered QPR 6-0 and Reading 4-1 playing a different system (19 shots on target in those two games).

Aye it got us 3 wins but I don't think it's been so successful that we shouldn't consider changing it, Diame has been doing nowt for a few games in a row now, in fact for all his time on the pitch he has no goals and 1 assist whereas both Mitro and Perez have a goal and an assist in less games. Our most impressive wins have come when we played some pairing of Gayle, Perez, and Mitro.

Edited by Howay

Counter-intuitively, I think this squad would benefit from an air of superiority in some fixtures. Setting up with 2 up front away from home (and maybe giving a debut to our inexperienced flouncy left back) might give the lads the self-belief to really go at Rotherham?

Cheers for the heads up, @@Noelie :good:

I wonder if they have the ability to show non-Sky matches, why they aren't doing it more.

Glad to hear it's being shown around. We're off to Sheffield for the weekend (was planning on getting tickets but they're rarer than rocking horse shit) and planning on going into Rotherham anyway to see if some dodgy sports bar has it on. If we muller them and I don't post on here on Monday, attend my funeral

Judging on the schedule so far this season it's just luck of the draw, names out of a hat. Compared to SKY/BT who calculate the magnitude of the fixture against the potential viewer base.

I was hoping Sky would do that this season, because surely then Newcastle would be on most weeks?

There's less televised in The Championship so I'm guessing they are aiming to give everyone a fair crack of the whip? Who knows.

I'd be floored if a sense of fairness trumped money.