Truffle Butter Scoffing Parasites V Rotherham / 1st October / 3pm KO

Anorthernsoul

Score Prediction  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well, Newcastle aren't live on Sky again till mid-end of October iirc.  Which is pretty shocking if they're going purely on viewer figures.

And how could the Norwich match not be top billing?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it has been working all that well, we lost against Huddersfield, Wolves, drew with Aston Villa and were losing to Norwich with that system, we did beat Bristol, Derby and Brighton with it (Only 6 shots on target in total between those 3 games), but we fucking battered QPR 6-0 and Reading 4-1 playing a different system (19 shots on target in those two games).

Aye it got us 3 wins but I don't think it's been so successful that we shouldn't consider changing it, Diame has been doing nowt for a few games in a row now, in fact for all his time on the pitch he has no goals and 1 assist whereas both Mitro and Perez have a goal and an assist in less games. Our most impressive wins have come when we played some pairing of Gayle, Perez, and Mitro.

Fair enough mate, I just think that the first 60 against villa and first half against Norwich is probably the best we've played for more than 10 years so we shouldn't necessarily be in a rush to change things. I take your point about the wins though, and I've said before I'm not convinced yet about diame. Anyway chances are Rafa will change things as he sees fit - he's the man with the plan and I wouldn't be surprised to see a different forward combination tomorrow. One thing for sure is that he'll have justifiable reasons for any changes he makes, which is a world away from the shoe horning of pards

Fair enough mate, I just think that the first 60 against villa and first half against Norwich is probably the best we've played for more than 10 years so we shouldn't necessarily be in a rush to change things. I take your point about the wins though, and I've said before I'm not convinced yet about diame. Anyway chances are Rafa will change things as he sees fit - he's the man with the plan and I wouldn't be surprised to see a different forward combination tomorrow. One thing for sure is that he'll have justifiable reasons for any changes he makes, which is a world away from the shoe horning of pards

Aye, I mean you could well be right I've barely seen much of us this season tbh, I've listened to most on the radio and you know how that is.

I completely agree regarding Rafa, I question him in an ignorant football fan way but in reality I know that he knows best. I think it's a big difference to where I thought I knew better than pardew because now when I disagree I think hold on you don't know what your on about.

I just worry that Diame hasn't found his feet yet and Mitro or Perez may fair better, I think Diame clearly has ability since he scored freely for Hull last season but for some reason he's missing the mark for us.

Edited by Howay

Aye, I mean you could well be right I've barely seen much of us this season tbh, I've listened to most on the radio and you know how that is.

I completely agree regarding Rafa, I question him in an ignorant football fan way but in reality I know that he knows best. I think it's a big difference to where I thought I knew better than pardew because now when I disagree I think hold on you don't know what your on about.

I just worry that Diame hasn't found his feet yet and Mitro or Perez may fair better, I think Diame clearly has ability since he scored freely for Hull last season but for some reason he's missing the mark for us.

Remember how critical we were of Rafa's line up against QPR :lol:

After the initial disappointments against Fulham and Huddersfield, any time we've not done well, I've blamed the players, rather than Rafa. I mean, when Pardew makes a Leftback for Leftback change on 60m minutes regardless of the way the game is playing out, I feel vindicated in questioning him. When I was baffled by the QPR selection we twatted them 6-0. In Rafa we trust.

Presumably Darlow will keep his spot today. Does anyone think he could have done better for the Jerome goal on Weds?

Definitely think this is one for two up top, but I'll again defer to Rafa's wisdom :D

I'd not be surprised to see Sels return, less pressure from the Newcastle home fans, up against a side that likely won't test him too much?

re: Jerome's goal; Not especially, but then I've never been a 'keeper and maybe his positioning was off in the 1st place? Dunno.

Would like to see Mitro up top in place of Diame. He hasn't really helped the midfield and strikers when played and if we play a midfield 2 of Shelvey and Hayden then we should be alright. I'd like to see us have a bit confidence and swagger and just go out to bulldoze teams like last time we were in the Championship.

Diamé and Anita a little surprising.

For someone who likes to rotate, he's really sticking with Diamé.  Maybe he feels this is a good match for him to get some confidence?  That doesn't show Rotherham enough respect though.

Hoping dropping Yedlin and Ritchie is a strategic move because both will be playing internationals in the next couple of weeks

Oh yeah, that's a good point.  Odd to drop Ritchie then.

I can only assume Yedlin isn't fully fit as he's been one of our best players the last few games. Disappointing to see Diame starting yet again, really don't see what he brings to the side and to see him constantly starting weakens the rotation reasoning behind seeing players like Ritchie and Yedlin dropped to the bench.