Truffle Butter Scoffing Parasites V Rotherham / 1st October / 3pm KO

Anorthernsoul

Score Prediction  

37 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Don't understand why Rafa took Atsu off as he had been a constant threat to Rotheram's defense.

He should have taken Gayle off earlier, for the most part he was pretty much anonymous after his Norwich hat-trick performance.

Anita doesn't have the attacking force that Yedlin does.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't understand why Rafa took Atsu off as he had been a constant threat to Rotheram's defense.

He should have taken Gayle off earlier, for the most part he was pretty much anonymous after his Norwich hat-trick performance.

Anita doesn't have the attacking force that Yedlin does.

Yeah, totally agree there. Atsu stay on. Gayle or Diame off.  And for me, if Yedlin is not playing then Anita is just fine at right back, for now.

NUFC to Score

0 - Renton

1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, Holden McGroin

2 - StoneColdStephenIreland, Dr Gloom, barnabox, ToonMarshy, @yourservice, jonasjuice, Dougle, rogerbarton, Kitman, LooneyToony, Happy Face

3 - The Fish, ewerk, SpartaFC, Howay, tooner, Rayvin, acrossthepond, OTF, Andrew, ohhh_yeah, Ant, Tom, Park Life

4 - TheGingerQuiff, Anorthernsoul, McFaul , strawb, scoobos

5 - trophyshy, Monkeys Fist

6+ - MiddleAgeCool, Christmas Tree

NUFC to concede

0 - Renton, TheGingerQuiff, Anorthernsoul, The Fish, trophyshy, ewerk, Howay, tooner, Rayvin, StoneColdStephenIreland, Kevin Carr's Gloves, ohhh_yeah, Ant, Tom, strawb, jonasjuice, rogerbarton, Kitman, LooneyToony, scoobos, Park Life, Happy Face

1 - Monkeys Fist, SpartaFC, Dr Gloom, acrossthepond, OTF, MiddleAgeCool, Andrew, McFaul , Holden McGroin, barnabox, @yourservice, Dougle

2 - ToonMarshy, Christmas Tree

3 -

4 -

5 -

6+ - 

I'd not be surprised to see Sels return, less pressure from the Newcastle home fans, up against a side that likely won't test him too much?

re: Jerome's goal; Not especially, but then I've never been a 'keeper and maybe his positioning was off in the 1st place? Dunno.

Just coming back to the 'keeper issue, Darlow was excellent today. Done enough to nail down the number one spot after the international break. Worrying for Sels if Elliot is back soon...

I suspected it might be a scrappy win after the midweek game, with Rafa trying to steady the ship and keep things tight. Annoying that Huddersfield and Norwich keep winning. We could have gone top but nothing has changed. The games come thick and fast mind.

A win is a win but I hope we start stringing some convincing wins together sooner rather than later. Diame needs dropped for the next match, Atsu is yet another player that has come in and scored a goal whereas Diame is starting every game and all we end up hearing is about how he missed and should have done better with the chance. I don't know what the answer is but we've got Atsu, Mitro, Gayle, Gouffran, Perez, Diame, and Ritchie to pick from for those 4 forward positions and I think Diame should be bottom of that list rather than in the 4 that start.

Huddersfield will drop off eventually, every game they've won has been by a 1 goal margin I can't see that being sustainable over 46 games. We'll beat Norwich again when we next play them and I think once we actually get out of second gear we'll win more games than them.

Hard to keep up with the amount of games we are playing, no wonder players are getting rotated. Its a positive that we keep getting wins even with rotation and when the games aren't necessarily going for us.

No disrespect to Huddersfield at all, they've already beaten us. But they're exactly the kind of team that has a good start to a Championship season and then falls off to 9th or 10th place by the end. They don't have the squad depth to keep playing at this level for a grinding 46 game season. 

No disrespect to Huddersfield at all, they've already beaten us. But they're exactly the kind of team that has a good start to a Championship season and then falls off to 9th or 10th place by the end. They don't have the squad depth to keep playing at this level for a grinding 46 game season. 

Isn't their manager a student of Klopp?

I haven't watched them, but they concern me on that basis alone.

Stuff 1st or 2nd, let's go up via the play offs and have a canny night out in London with @@Meenzer and @thefish

Possibly even @dr gloom if he promises not to rattle on about Brexit.

Well, isn't this awkward?

Guess who wasn't invited to the All Toontastic London Piss Up Weekend this summer :whistle:

Isn't their manager a student of Klopp?

I haven't watched them, but they concern me on that basis alone.

Aye he was the reserve manager for Dortmund while Klopp was there. Like I say I just don't see them keeping this up all season, they're only winning by a single goal margin everytime. It's also an extremely hard tactic physicality wise to keep up for a 46 game season, they could prove everyone wrong but I can't see it lasting them through the xmas period.

They had a really good run shortly after he was appointed and they got used to his tactics but then there was a drop off in results after that, presumably they tired a bit from it. I'm probably a little more nervous about sides like Brighton who are always there or thereabouts, I'll worry about Huddersfield if they're top in January/February.

Edited by Howay

Yeah, you're right, bigger squad, scoring goals for fun, manager that will continue to shape the defence.  I shouldn't be worried, but it's practically in our DNA at this point.

Yeah, you're right, bigger squad, scoring goals for fun, manager that will continue to shape the defence. I shouldn't be worried, but it's practically in our DNA at this point.

:lol: I don't blame you at all for being worried about them, Leicester last season proved anything is possible and going from 19th to first in the Championship is a far lesser task. I'm doing the opposite and just trying to rationalize my desire to write them off, in reality they look like they will be a threat but I'm just hoping it'll be a threat to Play-off sides as opposed to automatic spots.

I still think we're not seeing anywhere near the best our squad has to offer, we've played most of the better sides in the league already and we're 3rd, we have the deepest and most talented squad in the league (we have forwards that have barely played that would walk into every starting 11 in the league), and have the best manager by a country mile. I keep telling myself all of this but I still worry :lol: .

Edited by Howay