J69's discarded soiled knicker sniffers vs Brentford

TheGingerQuiff

This is a match thread, for our game against Brentford, in a league that doesn't even contain Sunderland.

It's Sunday, about 8pm, 16th of October 2016. Are you ok? Or do you need help?

No, it's 17th may 1970 or whatever it is.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? :lol:

I don't know really :lol:

I guess anything that augments the radio experience is good, and I do like the view from the stands.

The lad that streamed it this time usually does a good job, but the bitrate was awful for some reason.

" serial toilet blocker"

:lol:

Newcastle+United+v+West+Ham+United+Premi

"Sheila! Where you put the chuffin' plunger, woman?"

"Oh for god's sake, have you blocked that flippin' toilet again?"

"Must've been that indian banquet you bought from sainsburys yesterday at dinner time."

Apt photo, MF. :lol:

I'd like to think Ellis FTM Short sticks with big eyes and gives him more cash to waste in January.Somehow I cannot see Moyes's Everton coming back with £20m to sign Kone.Defoe should be well and truly pissed off by then so fingers crossed he leaves the sinking ship.They will have Khazri to add to his assists and goals tally though.

:lol:

Smith set us up as he had done down at the AMEX apart from Elder at Left back when Bjelland came on at half time, it was the same picks and same game plan, sit and attack at pace on the break. Nothing wrong with that, smart move and thinking.

It was a real good test and yesterday it was evident the players froze in the first half, from the experienced Maxi and Harlee, to Nico to Woodsy, it happens we've seen it at Play Offs over the years enough to know bigger games and bigger crowds can unsettle confident footballers. We just never got a grip on to Newcastle until three goals down. By then the foot was off the black and white accelerator and the storm had pushed through.

Shelvey looks like Voldemort and played like a dark lord with some magic that killed us in the first half, he just picked up the ball from the centre halves and can pick a pass better than anyone in this division, Nico, Clarke and Sawyers stayed this side of halfway and then after a 10 seconds count rushed towards him whoever was nearest, too late too often, we over committed and were pulled out of position Dean and Egan were left without cover in front, Maxi went walkies and Clark nodded home the first unmarked with two others behind him and after another Shelvey tantalizing lob that hung over our back line that had Harlee and Egan back peddling, Gayle picked his spot like a vulture and the good forward he is from the panicked clearance.

Rafa had got it spot on, Atsu a tricky winger kept Bjellands watch busy, Lewis Mac is a fine player but was little or no cover for Andreas another player who was trading in treacle, we were open like a swinging gate and Newcastle had done their homework queuing up and taking pot shots like at a coconut shy. No disgrace Smith has out managed Di Matteo and Hughton in recent weeks but Benitez was tactically a step up and ahead of our man from Brum.

It will be interesting how the players react for Tuesday, Bentley, Dean, Egan & Hogan at the end all look like they had turned up to a party that had been cancelled, these boys have high expectations. Our season was not defined by yesterday but was a good yardstick of the level required to even compete at the top end. Newcastle will go up with honours and Rafa will build them into a top 10 outfit in the Prem next year once they develop the weekly winning habit, but the key for our season so far is that we don't do back to back defeats, we follow up a bad one with a fair or good one next up.

Smith will be drumming that into the players tomorrow morning, live and learn, yesterday was good experience for everyone at the club and us as fans, Newcastle was a fine place to be this weekend with 51,000 others watching our team, the challenge this week is for this side to turn up at Derby and take it to a nervous MacLaren side. We won't win every week for sure, but Smith won't want a tough week to spoil what has been an excellent return this season already.

A write up from a Brentford fan. They've all been very complimentary about their away day, talking up the quality of; our team, our stadium, the people, the pubs and the city. 

Don't seem to have been massively impressed with the atmosphere mind and the last few times I've been able to make I've thought it was pretty shit as well.

A write up from a Brentford fan. They've all been very complimentary about their away day, talking up the quality of; our team, our stadium, the people, the pubs and the city.

Don't seem to have been massively impressed with the atmosphere mind and the last few times I've been able to make I've thought it was pretty shit as well.

I've heard plenty criticism of the atmosphere, hope the critics tried doing something about it like opening their vocal chords and shouting encouragement rather than sitting like little lambs then tweeting or posting about it later. Not a direct pop at you fish, but if the amount of people not happy with the atmosphere made a bit of noise there wouldn't be anything to moan about in the first place.

Nice to see some complimentary comments from the Brentford lads and lasses, though. :good:

Aye the atmosphere wasn't great. Saying that, listening to the few conversations going on around me showed that a lot of people who go to the game these days know fuck all about football. The group of lads behind me went to the bar on 35mins to 'beat the queue'

Glad to see Ayoze playing number 10 rather than Diame.

You wouldn't have been saying that had you seen the game.  Perez was, as he has been all season, fucking awful.  His touch seems to have completely left him.  I lost count of the times he surrendered possession.  Mitro should have came on in the second half but I'm guessing that things like his piss  poor loss of the ball for the Villa goal are working against him now.

I suspect Mitro will come in tomorrow along with a few of the others who were away on international duty (only Clark and Atsu who were away started on Saturday).

I thought Shelvey was absolutely superb, he completely ran the show.  Atsu's delivery is very inconsistent at the moment and something he needs to work on, but he absolutely terrorised their defence.

You wouldn't have been saying that had you seen the game.  Perez was, as he has been all season, fucking awful.  His touch seems to have completely left him.  I lost count of the times he surrendered possession.  Mitro should have came on in the second half but I'm guessing that things like his piss  poor loss of the ball for the Villa goal are working against him now.

I suspect Mitro will come in tomorrow along with a few of the others who were away on international duty (only Clark and Atsu who were away started on Saturday).

I thought Shelvey was absolutely superb, he completely ran the show.  Atsu's delivery is very inconsistent at the moment and something he needs to work on, but he absolutely terrorised their defence.

Was Perez better than Diame's been?

Was Perez better than Diame's been?

Personally I thought Diame played ok against Rotherham.  On the ball he was very good, the problem in that game and in others, has been that he can't seem to get involved in the game enough in position.  Perez knows how to play the position better and was getting involved, but he was (aside from about ten minutes in the first half when we scored the two goals) terrible on the ball.  Which is what he's been like all season apart from the QPR game.  It was getting worse and worse throughout the match too.

I think it's a bit of a problem for Rafa because for me, Perez is the only number 10 we have, so if he wants us to play with one Perez needs to be a lot better than he has been so far.  If he can't be then we need to look to play slightly differently.  For me we should, at home at least, play with Mitro along with Gayle.

Of course we're second top of the league and comfortably beating most teams without Diame or Perez playing well in the number 10 position, so how much of a problem it is, is debatable.

Personally I thought Diame played ok against Rotherham.  On the ball he was very good, the problem in that game and in others, has been that he can't seem to get involved in the game enough in position.  Perez knows how to play the position better and was getting involved, but he was (aside from about ten minutes in the first half when we scored the two goals) terrible on the ball.  Which is what he's been like all season apart from the QPR game.  It was getting worse and worse throughout the match too.

I think it's a bit of a problem for Rafa because for me, Perez is the only number 10 we have, so if he wants us to play with one Perez needs to be a lot better than he has been so far.  If he can't be then we need to look to play slightly differently.  For me we should, at home at least, play with Mitro along with Gayle.

Of course we're second top of the league and comfortably beating most teams without Diame or Perez playing well in the number 10 position, so how much of a problem it is, is debatable.

I'd like to see us start with two up front. Especially when Shelvey is stretching the play as much as he is. Atsu, Gouffran Lazaar, Ritchie and Yedlin providing width for two strikers would surely be too much for the majority of the visiting teams?

Speaking of which, how were the two full backs in their more advanced positions?

I'd like to see us start with two up front. Especially when Shelvey is stretching the play as much as he is. Atsu, Gouffran Lazaar, Ritchie and Yedlin providing width for two strikers would surely be too much for the majority of the visiting teams?

Speaking of which, how were the two full backs in their more advanced positions?

Neither of them got much opportunity.  By the time they came on we'd pretty much settled for what we had and were allowing them to push us back.  Yedlin linked up with Anita on a couple of occasions, enough to suggest he could play that role.  But Lazaar had barely any chance to show anything. 

They have a player called Bellends? :lol:

No championship streams 90% of the time so very much behind things  :mellow:

Neither of them got much opportunity.  By the time they came on we'd pretty much settled for what we had and were allowing them to push us back.  Yedlin linked up with Anita on a couple of occasions, enough to suggest he could play that role.  But Lazaar had barely any chance to show anything. 

Fair enough. 

Lazaar looks like he has plenty of tricks in his locker and I think Rafa is right in introducing him slowly ('I'm sure Senor Benitez would be relieved to hear he has my support), I was also thinking it's possible Lazaar is being prepped for a left wing role, rather than fullback?

Personally I'd play 2 up front at home, certainly against the teams lower in the division. Shelvey and Hayden or Colback are more than capable of controlling most midfields, especially when the opposition are setting out their stall to defend and counter. The pace and quality we have on the flanks in Atsu, Gouffran, Lazaar, Ritchie and Yedlin should be able to put the quality into the box for a combination of Gayle, Mitro and Perez to cause no end of problems for the defence.

Darlow seems to have sewn up the 'keeper spot and Clark, the player most people's eyebrows raised highest at, seems to be a really solid centreback at this level.

Next 5 league games are against 11th, 17th, 18th, 21st and 13th. Only two are at home and both the top-half sides are away. I would have like it to be the other way around. 3 "easy" away games and a couple of tricky home ties. I know the fixtures have to be played at some point, but it would have been nice to try and pull away from the chasing pack before Xmas, strengthen in January and romp down the home stretch, twatting everyone 6/7-0

I'd like another left back because while Dummett isn't embarrassing himself every game in the Championship, it'd be nice to go into the Premier League season (if we go up) with a left back who can play at that level, already bedded in.

It looks like this system, with a number 10 / support striker or whatever you want to call it, is Rafa's preference and he's rotating players within this system. I'm happy to see that cos I always liked to see teams playing with a proper number 10. It looks like we haven't quite got the player to play that role at the moment - I don't really rate Perez, and Diame hasn't really convinced so far, but I'd like to think that if we do go up then Rafa will get a decent amount of cash to spend on a better player for that position. Someone top class there linking up with a consistently motivated and in form Shelvey, in front of a well organised defence, is something I'd really look forward to watching. I don't think Mitro fits into this system but he's good to have on the bench for when we need to go to a plan B and hoy 2 up front. 

Fair enough. 

Lazaar looks like he has plenty of tricks in his locker and I think Rafa is right in introducing him slowly ('I'm sure Senor Benitez would be relieved to hear he has my support), I was also thinking it's possible Lazaar is being prepped for a left wing role, rather than fullback?

Personally I'd play 2 up front at home, certainly against the teams lower in the division. Shelvey and Hayden or Colback are more than capable of controlling most midfields, especially when the opposition are setting out their stall to defend and counter. The pace and quality we have on the flanks in Atsu, Gouffran, Lazaar, Ritchie and Yedlin should be able to put the quality into the box for a combination of Gayle, Mitro and Perez to cause no end of problems for the defence.

Darlow seems to have sewn up the 'keeper spot and Clark, the player most people's eyebrows raised highest at, seems to be a really solid centreback at this level.

Next 5 league games are against 11th, 17th, 18th, 21st and 13th. Only two are at home and both the top-half sides are away. I would have like it to be the other way around. 3 "easy" away games and a couple of tricky home ties. I know the fixtures have to be played at some point, but it would have been nice to try and pull away from the chasing pack before Xmas, strengthen in January and romp down the home stretch, twatting everyone 6/7-0

I'd like another left back because while Dummett isn't embarrassing himself every game in the Championship, it'd be nice to go into the Premier League season (if we go up) with a left back who can play at that level, already bedded in.

Aye Dummett is only embarrassing himself in about 50% of the games in this division.  Fortunately the ball was rarely near him on Saturday because when he did get it, he was still sticking to what he knows.  Passing back inside (to Clark now instead of Coloccini).

I can't say I'm massively concerned about the away games being to 11th and 13th in the league.  Anyone is capable of beating us if we don't play up to scratch but that's as a nice a run as we can ever expect to have really.

I am in total agreement with you about playing two up front.  I'm still seeing crosses go into the box without us having any presence in there looking to win the ball in the air.  I think Mitro would get a load of chance and also help get Gayle even more than he's getting at the moment.

Aye Dummett is only embarrassing himself in about 50% of the games in this division.  Fortunately the ball was rarely near him on Saturday because when he did get it, he was still sticking to what he knows.  Passing back inside (to Clark now instead of Coloccini).

I can't say I'm massively concerned about the away games being to 11th and 13th in the league.  Anyone is capable of beating us if we don't play up to scratch but that's as a nice a run as we can ever expect to have really.

I am in total agreement with you about playing two up front.  I'm still seeing crosses go into the box without us having any presence in there looking to win the ball in the air.  I think Mitro would get a load of chance and also help get Gayle even more than he's getting at the moment.

You'd think, with the quality we have on the flanks in Atsu and Ritchie, it''s begging out for options in the centre. The former might not be great at delivering a cross, but certainly has the quality to get to the by-line and pull a ball back.