Yahoo secretly scanned customer emails on behalf of U.S. intelligence

Happy Face

I meant why would people who are not closely linked to a large corporation be targeted? I accepted pages ago that corporate espionage will go on, some of it orchestrated by the US government. Doesn't really bother me tbh.

It didn't bother people who supported the Stasi either.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harold T. Martin III, the contractor arrested by the F.B.I. on Aug. 27, brazenly violated basic security rules, taking home a staggering quantity of highly classified material. He had been doing this undetected, agency officials were chagrined to learn, since the late 1990s.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/07/us/politics/nsa-suspect-is-a-hoarder-but-a-leaker-investigators-arent-sure.html?_r=0

15+ years undetected :lol: and you're supposed to trust these wankers with every piece of correspondence on the planet.

• 2 weeks later...

British security agencies have secretly and unlawfully collected massive volumes of confidential personal data, including financial information, on citizens for more than a decade, top judges have ruled.

The investigatory powers tribunal, which is the only court that hears complaints against MI5, MI6 and GCHQ, said the security services operated secret regimes to collect vast amounts of personal communications data, tracking individual phone and web use and large datasets of confidential personal information, without adequate safeguards or supervision for more than 10 years.

The ruling said the regime governing the collection of bulk communications data (BCD) – the who, where, when and what of personal phone and web communications – failed to comply with article 8 protecting the right to privacy of the European convention of human rights (ECHR) between 1998, when it started, and 4 November 2015, when it was made public.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/17/uk-security-agencies-unlawfully-collected-data-for-decade

Thanks Snowden

The dictionary definition of a whistleblower.

People ask why he won't go and face the courts to defend himself, but the courts will not allow a "public interest" defence or mention of the word "whistleblower" if they were to hear his case.

The evidence is overwhelming of the public good he's done.

#PardonSnowden