Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

Also what's the frequency. 

Absolutely ridiculous to suggest any European conflict is somehow localised. Ukraine has twice the population of Oz. Russia has more than enough nuclear weapons to throw over to Australia and even New Zealand. China is a fucking huge issue, but for me there's nothing to suggest that Jinping is off his rocker in the same way as Putin is. 

I offer my condolences to you Renton. I wasn't aware of the hard time you have had to face.

I will disregard this

7 minutes ago, Ken said:

Yeah your govt has done nothing outside of the EU

That's it. You've crossed a line here. I'm hereby announcing a full Toontastic boycout of Tim Tams.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Ken said:

I offer my condolences to you Renton. I wasn't aware of the hard time you have had to face.

I will disregard this

I'll also disregard your comments. I know the news about Neighbours must have been hard for you to take. My thoughts are with you at this trying time.

Edited by ewerk
  • Haha 7

Apparently a while longer yet. I fully believe we should go in there, but we aren't going to. We are going to watch this happen.

I mean they haven't yet started executing people on the street but that'll be made public too so I think we're going to need to collectively brace for how bad things are going to get.

It's possible but I don't see what Russia gains from it - they can't defeat NATO conventionally and losing to us would be a disaster for Putin. Similarly, for all he rattles on about nukes he'd get plenty right back down his throat if it ever came to it - so again, it's hard to see how that would benefit him.

I think the grim and unpleasant truth is that the Russians don't think we'll do anything no matter what they do, because they have correctly determined that MAD allows both sides to do whatever the fuck they like as long as they don't attack each other.

• Like 4

You

12 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

It's possible but I don't see what Russia gains from it - they can't defeat NATO conventionally and losing to us would be a disaster for Putin. Similarly, for all he rattles on about nukes he'd get plenty right back down his throat if it ever came to it - so again, it's hard to see how that would benefit him.

I think the grim and unpleasant truth is that the Russians don't think we'll do anything no matter what they do, because they have correctly determined that MAD allows both sides to do whatever the fuck they like as long as they don't attack each other.

You're right. It's just when I look at my kids I'm terrified at escalation to nuclear war. But then I see these Ukrainian kids, and realise they are already in it. And why are my kids more valuable than them? They are to me of course, but I'm ultimately a humanist. But just think now we have to twist, and call the bluff, or not, as it may be. Destroy Russias air capability, destroy those convoys. They would lose the war overnight.

We can't stop nuclear escalation beyond this point, it's not in our hands. But as we all know, there's no rational reason for Russia to this. But if they're not rational, we've no choice anyway long term imo. Netter to treat a disease before it spreads. 

• Like 4

Ended up with two cars full of donations for Ukrainian refugees. 

People’s generosity has been overwhelming, as has the quality & precision of the donations.

I’m taking it to York St John University tomorrow (of which I am an alumni) as they’re working quite closely with the Ukrainian embassy & associated charities. 

My mate into his guns basically provided a shit ton of shooting gear & boots. That’ll be going straight to the army :lol: 

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

China is not showing any Prem fixtures this weekend because it would mean televising shows of support for Ukraine. 

So fuck China too then, I guess. 

Um, yes. Some of us have been mentioning China. 

Gems please get more sleep if possible

6 minutes ago, Ken said:

Um, yes. Some of us have been mentioning China. 

Gems please get more sleep if possible

Ken it's not a lack of sleep that's the issue, it's a total lack of interest in what you're posting. 

;)

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ken it's not a lack of sleep that's the issue, it's a total lack of interest in what you're posting. 

;)

And that's fine. I don't have a problem with that. You can continue to act like a coward-turned-hero for us all to be entertained. 😛

China will be in Taiwan before August, they are just watching how little the US is doing regarding the Ukraine and planning how far they can "annex".

It's interesting how little has been mentioned about Putin wanting to maintain Europe's reliance upon Russia's supply of fossel fuels and his rejection of green power.

Taking control of the Ukraine's nuclear plants is a huge part of that plan, so one down.

Did anyone watch Occupied? This was a quote from the Russian Noweigan ambassador at the time:

Vyacheslav Pavlovsky [ru], the Russian ambassador to Norway, told Russian News Agency TASS,

It is certainly a shame that, in the year of the 70th anniversary of the victory in World War II, the authors have seemingly forgotten the Soviet Army's heroic contribution to the liberation of northern Norway from Nazi occupiers, decided, in the worst traditions of the Cold War, to scare Norwegian spectators with the nonexistent threat from the east.[31][32]

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ewerk said:

That's it. You've crossed a line here. I'm hereby announcing a full Toontastic boycout of Tim Tams.

I'm not participating. You poor sods have probably never tried the double coat version.