Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I must admit my eyes have been off this for a while but this tweet has just crossed my path.

Anyone who is on the ball know if things are as promising as this sounds?

I’m convinced by the highly professional graphics employed if nothing else 

• Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

What will Putin do if forced to confront this loss of face?

It’s difficult to see how he survives it. He’s absolutely fucked Russian economic interests. Which you would think is the main concern of the corrupt cunts propping him up. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Christmas Tree said:

I must admit my eyes have been off this for a while but this tweet has just crossed my path.

Anyone who is on the ball know if things are as promising as this sounds?

Let’s see the new front line stick first. But I agree that this is staggeringly good news. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s difficult to see how he survives it. He’s absolutely fucked Russian economic interests. Which you would think is the main concern of the corrupt cunts propping him up. 

They’ll be reluctant to ditch him, so expect some doubling down.

37 minutes ago, Alex said:

Well not exactly. China India and Turkey are buying all his gas and oil, the prices for which are sky high

It's all about oil and gas. Same as it ever was

Take everything you read in the MSM  with a huge pinch of salt. Why would they tell the truth about this when they protect the establishment the rest of the time

Edited by spongebob toonpants

If Ukraine do manage this - and I am wary of getting carried away here since I just can't really get my head around Russia allowing this to happen - then they are a nation of fucking heroes. To be standing up to that fascist, autocratic, genocidal bellend in the way they have is impressive enough. To think they might actually be able to win would just be incredible.

The debt that the west would owe them would not be insignificant. I hope we would see considerable effort in helping them rebuild.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

If Ukraine do manage this - and I am wary of getting carried away here since I just can't really get my head around Russia allowing this to happen - then they are a nation of fucking heroes. To be standing up to that fascist, autocratic, genocidal bellend in the way they have is impressive enough. To think they might actually be able to win would just be incredible.

The debt that the west would owe them would not be insignificant. I hope we would see considerable effort in helping them rebuild.

I hate to piss on the parade but with the Putin era in Russian politics, the emphasis is on always taking the long view. So don’t expect any sudden changes. The only thing for sure is that the war will continue.

35 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I hate to piss on the parade but with the Putin era in Russian politics, the emphasis is on always taking the long view. So don’t expect any sudden changes. The only thing for sure is that the war will continue.

A win for Ukraine, in Ukrainian terms, would be the full withdrawal/annihilation  of Russian troops from all of their pre-2014 territory. 

As things are going, that’s not too hard to envisage. 

I’d have normally said that Putin would use another invasion of one of the Westernised former Soviet territories as a diversionary tactic to fill the news at home with “magnificent victorious” images of their troops, but he’s not going to have any troops left after this. 

If he doesn’t succumb to a mysterious and rapid illness, or fall out of a window, I wouldn’t be surprised if he went in to one of his friendly neighbours countries like Turkmenistan and “took over” in a bloodless coup type of affair, anything to save face. 

It’d be a lot easier if someone just offed the cunt. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

A win for Ukraine, in Ukrainian terms, would be the full withdrawal/annihilation  of Russian troops from all of their pre-2014 territory. 

As things are going, that’s not too hard to envisage. 

I’d have normally said that Putin would use another invasion of one of the Westernised former Soviet territories as a diversionary tactic to fill the news at home with “magnificent victorious” images of their troops, but he’s not going to have any troops left after this. 

If he doesn’t succumb to a mysterious and rapid illness, or fall out of a window, I wouldn’t be surprised if he went in to one of his friendly neighbours countries like Turkmenistan and “took over” in a bloodless coup type of affair, anything to save face. 

It’d be a lot easier if someone just offed the cunt. 

It’s tempting to get swept up in the optimism and this Ukraine advance is almost unbelievable but Putin isn’t the type of psycho to back down.