Vladimir Putin and Russia

Anorthernsoul

58 minutes ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

Nobody needs to win or lose, it’s just people disagreeing that’s all.

I still don't even know what you stand for, that's my point. You've barely committed to anything. And I mean for instance, you said you strongly disagree with my view on what happens after people go to prison... I didn't express one. What is it that you think my view is? And more than that, what is your alternative view and why? That's what I mean about this conversation mate, it's not been a debate of views from my side, it's been me putting views forward and getting smoke and mirrors back.

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

I still don't even know what you stand for, that's my point. You've barely committed to anything. And I mean for instance, you said you strongly disagree with my view on what happens after people go to prison... I didn't express one. What is it that you think my view is? And more than that, what is your alternative view and why? That's what I mean about this conversation mate, it's not been a debate of views from my side, it's been me putting views forward and getting smoke and mirrors back.

Watch the game you nutter :nufc:

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, Renton said:

Seems to be all but confirmed. Article 4 of NATO triggered (basically DEFCON 4, one before DEFCON brown pants time). 

Poland will have to request any trigger, it's not automatically done.

40 minutes ago, Renton said:

Seems to be all but confirmed. Article 4 of NATO triggered (basically DEFCON 4, one before DEFCON brown pants time). 

This might explain why they've been testing the old air raid sirens more regularly than usual up my neck of the woods. Used to just dismiss it as just someone going "fucking hell a hundred year old air raid siren? Does it still work?" but I'm getting increasingly more concerned about the the implications of living halfway between Faslane and Grangemouth.

You lads and lassies in the NE will be the new Scotland. Hardrian's Wall will be replaced with a moat that runs northwest from Edinburgh. Edinburgh will somehow remain intact but become flooded with even more insufferable cunts.

• Haha 4

Poland will be told whether to push it or not. On one hand the west doesn’t want a nuclear war but on the other hand there’s a war machine to feed and a quicker resolution to the war could mean a quicker return to economic stability (albeit with thousands of deaths).

So it’s 50/50 really.

21 minutes ago, ewerk said:

the war could mean a quicker return to economic stability

Picturing Sunak hunkered down in the Bunker, listening to Johnson banging on the door as the world fucking burns…

” Finally, inflation has settled down”. 

Deliberate by Putin? What a cunt.  

Still, he who blinks first blinds us all, as my drug-addled grandmother used to say. 

We’ve had a decent run really. Got far enough to invent VR, Deliveroo and those unbelievably good blowjob machines.

Must buy some more batteries.  

• Haha 5

There will not be a nuclear war in the west. Even if NATO got involved "on the ground" which is unlikely, although I suspect the former Soviet states, Poland, Czechs and the Baltic boys etc. are itching to give Russia some payback.

18 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Turns out it was the Ukrainians trying to shoot down a Russian missile. Armageddon avoided for now.

There will still likely be some response, Russia still culpable because if Russia wasn't firing at western Ukraine, Ukraine wouldn't be firing air defence near the border.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Yeah unfortunately some senile old codger on holiday in Bali is the only source for that :cuppa:

It's from 'unnamed US officials'. Which I trust much more than some senile old codger pushing retirement in Sandbanks.

• Haha 4