:lol: I think he did/does live in Shields, I used to regularly see him in various bars and pubs round Whitley and Tynemouth. He once came into the black horse in Monkseaton when I was there in all, I think as long as it was within striking range of a metty stop he'd be in there.

It's not patter you eejit, he said he didn't know someone from Washington. I was asking him if he's from Washington to ascertain if there is any reason he should know the person.

I got the context.

Did I read somewhere that someone had a pop at him for his alopecia so he had a go back?

I think one of the papers are suggesting that today.  Not a great defence that like.  The Chronicle are suggesting that he's saying he didn't say what was alleged though.

Are you from Washington?

No, not from Washington, I'm from N Shields. Just wondered if this Black Tony was a cult figure in the Johnny Decker / Burgling Dwarf of Blyth etc etc mould that I hadn't heard about. Evidently not. Nevermind - I was just curious cos I love hearing stories about these characters, especially if they're local. 

I think one of the papers are suggesting that today.  Not a great defence that like.  The Chronicle are suggesting that he's saying he didn't say what was alleged though.

Really hope he's not guilty, he's been absolutely quality so far this season, different class to everyone else in the division. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

Really hope he's not guilty, he's been absolutely quality so far this season, different class to everyone else in the division. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise.

He's never struck me as the nicest of blokes mind so, whilst I hope he hasn't done it (both for the team and for him), it wouldn't surprise me if he had.

No, not from Washington, I'm from N Shields. Just wondered if this Black Tony was a cult figure in the Johnny Decker / Burgling Dwarf of Blyth etc etc mould that I hadn't heard about. Evidently not. Nevermind - I was just curious cos I love hearing stories about these characters, especially if they're local.

The Burgling Dwarf of Blyth!? :lol:

He was just a lad who lived in Washington and was in The Scirocco nightclub every weekend in the eighties. He was the only lad out who wasn't white and his name was Tony. Obviously there were a lot of Tonys in Washington then so he was stuck with the Moniker "Black Tony". He was a brilliant dancer mind :-)

He was just a lad who lived in Washington and was in The Scirocco nightclub every weekend in the eighties. He was the only lad out who wasn't white and his name was Tony. Obviously there were a lot of Tonys in Washington then so he was stuck with the Moniker "Black Tony". He was a brilliant dancer mind :-)

Ah OK  :D