He's been an idiot and I don't condone racial slurs but it is funny how a grown man calls someone a name and then tells teacher when they get called by another name. Shelvey shouldn't have done it, of course, but ffs. People love this sort of shit though as it allows them to take the moral highground. I also find it a bit unfair when, as frequently seems to be the case, what was actually alleged to have been said isn't revealed. Like the Beeb's story currently running on their site which states it was racial abuse. It's not fair because you can't judge the severity of it.

I think you've nailed it there. There'll be plenty of people getting up on their high horses even though they don't know what was said. Having said that, it sounds like there must have been something that at least could have been construed as a racial element to it, and he is therefore a prize idiot at the very least. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt until the truth comes out and hope it is a storm in a tea cup, managed in typical incompetent fashion by the FA.  

5 things we learned from couscous-gate:

1. Cooscoos is a stable food in Morocco

2. Morocco is the country where the wolves player is from.

3. Jonjo Shelvey's song from the toon army is the old chaka khan song 'ain't nobody'.

4. I believe NUFC will appeal the 5 match ban.

5. Me Ma stayed a week there a few years ago and had the shits for the last three days.

Lee Ryder.

Apparently Jonjo called him a SMELLY ARAB

(For realzies)

So not racist then, since when is Arab a racial slur, raghead, camel jockey or goat fucker, fair enough. Arabs are incredibly proud of being Arabs, even the smelly ones.

Worlds gone mad, fucking snowflakes

5 things we learned from couscous-gate:

1. Cooscoos is a stable food in Morocco

2. Morocco is the country where the wolves player is from.

3. Jonjo Shelvey's song from the toon army is the old chaka khan song 'ain't nobody'.

4. I believe NUFC will appeal the 5 match ban.

5. Me Ma stayed a week there a few years ago and had the shits for the last three days.

Lee Ryder.

I can just imagine the pitch to the editor.

Ah've got some pure click bait here, gaffa

The bans are fines are made up on the spot it seems

Terry - Black Cunt - 4 game ban £220k fine

Suarez - Negro - 8 game ban £40k fine

Shelvey - Smelly Arab - 5 game ban £100k fine

:lol: To be fair it would be a bit weird if the FA were consistent since they're a shit show in pretty much every other area.

I find it unlikely he's got done for calling someone a couscous cunt, and that would be utterly ridiculous.

I really hope he hasn't said 'sand monkey', as it would make it quite difficult to support him.

'Smelly Arab' is bad, but if he's had a go at his :quotes: disability :quotes: you can understand him reacting like that.

So not racist then, since when is Arab a racial slur, raghead, camel jockey or goat fucker, fair enough. Arabs are incredibly proud of being Arabs, even the smelly ones.

Worlds gone mad, fucking snowflakes

What do you find most offensive - being called a plastic Jock or a plastic Yank?

The bans are fines are made up on the spot it seems

Terry - Black Cunt - 4 game ban £220k fine

Suarez - Negro - 8 game ban £40k fine

Shelvey - Smelly Arab - 5 game ban £100k fine

Just looking at the numbers, the scatter plot would be reasonably linear. Low ban = high fine. Shelley fell between the two on both.

Whether the slur fell between the 2 is more subjective.

C0MhRTuW8AAFncB.jpg

I think Finders is an outlier based on his fine as he's lower league player.  The rest line up reasonably well.  I don't know how they decide on games v fines like, is it their historic disciplinary record that leads to extra games?

What do you find most offensive - being called a plastic Jock or a plastic Yank?

I find neither offensive in the slightest, I come from a generation where name calling was laughed off.

I find neither offensive in the slightest, I come from a generation where name calling was laughed off.

I come from a generation that was touched up by the likes of Jimmy Savile and it didn't do me any harm either. That time he fixed it for me to milk that cow blindfolded was a dream come true!

Honestly, anyone on twitter get to Toms and have a look at the "journalist" who reported the cous cous nonce thing as real before being corrected and claiming it was a piece of "fake news" perpetrated by Banter Fans rather than showing any contrition for not bothering to check his sources.