Bake some pan for me

I'm not sleepy and I'm earning considerably more than you,

Hey Mr Pittabread man,

Bake some pan for me

In the jingle jangle midfield I'll come following you

So bad it's good :lol:

• 5 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

what's the consensus - should we give him a couple more years? 

if you'd asked me a year ago, i'd have said hell no. but he has definitely earned the right to stick around for another year. whether he continues to start every game is another matter if we end up signing more players of bruno's ability. but i can see other midfielders being let go ahead of him: hayden, potentially one or both of the longstaffs, ritchie etc

1 year at most I think.

He's done well lately but given his lack of mobility I'd expect him to be far enough down the pecking order by the start of the 23/24 season that we shouldn't keep him on the wages he'd be on.

• Like 3

I've never been a huge fan of him. His one redeeming feature is the ability to pick out unbelievably accurate long balls but we've never truly exploited that. We should probably stick with him for another year, but that's it. I think by then we'll have recruited far better players.

• Like 1

On 20/12/2016 at 12:33, ToonMarshy said:

Apparently the offensive term used by him was calling Saïss a "cous cous nonce"

Forgot about this :lol: 

• Haha 6

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Where do we expect to be in a couple of years time? Challenging potentially for a Europa League spot? I think he's good enough for that level of squad.

Come To Me World Cup GIF by FIFA

• Haha 3

I just dont see him upping his game to retake a place when he eventually gets superceded in the team. His age and attitude throughout his entire career speak to that.

His current form is good enough(ish) for a europa league qualification chasing team, but not a winner of that competition, and hes not going to be better than he is now in two years. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

Forgot about this :lol: 

To be fair I think the other player called him bald but that isn't a protected characteristic which maybe for people like him it should be. 

9 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Like ASM he is good enough to be in the 25 for a couple of years even if his first team starts get less and less

Thankfully we can start thinking of building a squad not just a first team

I think its absolute madness that shelvey and asm are being mentioned in the same breath tbh. 

• Like 1