Honestly, anyone on twitter get to Toms and have a look at the "journalist" who reported the cous cous nonce thing as real before being corrected and claiming it was a piece of "fake news" perpetrated by Banter Fans rather than showing any contrition for not bothering to check his sources.

Yep. What a prick :lol:

I honestly don't see what the big deal is if that's true.

If he's called him a towel heeded terrorist or something, then fair play. But shelvey has got just as much right to take offence as part of the bald community. PC gone mad etc

Aye, he has just as much control over being bald as whomever else has control over their nationality. If you're calling him a bald cunt you're implying that being bald is inferior to having hair, if you're calling him an Arab cunt you're implying that Arab's are inferior.

I honestly don't see what the big deal is if that's true.

If he's called him a towel heeded terrorist or something, then fair play. But shelvey has got just as much right to take offence as part of the bald community. PC gone mad etc

Identity politics deals in privilege and privilege is stackable. White privilege trumps hair privilege. He was always going to come off worse there.

So it seems the only evidence really was 3 Wolves players saying he made reference to Saiss as an "arab", "arabic" and/or "Morrocan" with an expletive in there somewhere, not exactly compelling iyam, "In addition the panel said the evidence of the three main witnesses from Wolves was "clearly to be preferred" " it just seems a bit fucking soft to me to ban a bloke for 5 games when the only evidence is 3 players from the opposition saying he did it. 

Nowt can be done now anyway since Shelvey isn't appealing (I agree with him even if he didn't say what is accused as there's no way they'd overturn it if they were willing to ban him on that sort of evidence), at least it means he's available for Brighton.

Edited by Howay

Sounded like the witnesses on Shelvey's side weren't terribly well prepared for it.

Yeah seems like Gayle said Shelvey reacted to Saiss waving his hand to get him booked then Shelvey said he didn't notice or something. I still think it's a bit much banning someone on the evidence of 3 opposition players.

The fact though that Shelvey's evidence doesn't tally up with the video evidence is poor. The club's lawyers should've put him over it several times and cross referenced it with the video evidence that would've been freely available to check for inconsistencies.

The fact though that Shelvey's evidence doesn't tally up with the video evidence is poor. The club's lawyers should've put him over it several times and cross referenced it with the video evidence that would've been freely available to check for inconsistencies.

:lol: They may well have but I don't think it's a stretch to assume Shelvey is a bit thick and fucked it up.

Edited by Howay

In the Wolves players' statements, one said that Shelvey pursued Saiss calling out his number "27,27" as he had his back turned and wasn't turning round. Shelvey countered this with the fact that he was unable to pronounce the guy's name, so didn't say it, but would have been more likely to have said "Oye" to get Saiss' attention rather than his number.

He also mentioned that he thought someone who couldn't speak English had managed to abuse him with a well formed anti-alopecia vernacular insult and that it was this that he was reacting to whilst making an imaginary card gesture, rather than the imaginary card gesture Saiss had made minutes earlier to earn big Vurn a stretch on the sidelines.

He called 2 witnesses who both confirmed they didn't hear enough to be able to defend him.

Got to ask you who the real victim is in this piece.