Yeah but being bald isn't the same as racism I guess. Racism is probably a more serious category of division than...hairism?

My point is the main rule is insults. Assuming guilt, both broke it but the racist element rightly makes it worse for one of them. I'd say it would be fair if it was a 1 or 2 match ban for the other.

Also I know I'm not PC but I'd have more respect for the wolves player if he'd lamped Shelvey rather than going crying to the FA.

My point is the main rule is insults. Assuming guilt, both broke it but the racist element rightly makes it worse for one of them. I'd say it would be fair if it was a 1 or 2 match ban for the other.

Also I know I'm not PC but I'd have more respect for the wolves player if he'd lamped Shelvey rather than going crying to the FA.

I get what you're saying now yeah. And yeah, I know what you mean but if he'd lamped Shelvey he'd have been facing a hefty ban himself...

Depends what they report as their findings I suppose, if they really are going on word of mouth and some very inconclusive video footage then the appeal should be straight in.

Aye although I do think SEW might be on to something when he said they probably rescinded his red to look impartial here.

I genuinely hope they have some evidence btw because to ban a bloke for 5 games on his word v theirs evidence is a bit absurd even for the FA, what he supposedly said isn't even clear either like it normally is in situations like this (the Suarez case comes to mind) there's the 'couscous nonce' rumour and also rumours that it was 'learn to speak English' both of which can definitely be deemed offensive but I think it's really stretching them to say the bloke felt racially insulted. Maybe it was more and maybe they do have evidence in which case it's fair (although I still think leg breakers should be on a par punishment wise) but I hope they do as opposed to them just sort of hearing word of racism and hoying down a 5 game ban.

He's been an idiot and I don't condone racial slurs but it is funny how a grown man calls someone a name and then tells teacher when they get called by another name. Shelvey shouldn't have done it, of course, but ffs. People love this sort of shit though as it allows them to take the moral highground. I also find it a bit unfair when, as frequently seems to be the case, what was actually alleged to have been said isn't revealed. Like the Beeb's story currently running on their site which states it was racial abuse. It's not fair because you can't judge the severity of it.

He's been an idiot and I don't condone racial slurs but it is funny how a grown man calls someone a name and then tells teacher when they get called by another name. Shelvey shouldn't have done it, of course, but ffs. People love this sort of shit though as it allows them to take the moral highground. I also find it a bit unfair when, as frequently seems to be the case, what was actually alleged to have been said isn't revealed. Like the Beeb's story currently running on their site which states it was racial abuse. It's not fair because you can't judge the severity of it.

Fully agree. 

It sounds a bit like they were both having a pop and the lad (or someone nearby) took exception to something Shelvey said, he may well have said something racist in which case aye he deserves his ban but as you say unless they come out with the alleged term used it's a bit harsh to deem racist abuse and move on as there's a pretty substantial difference in what could be deemed racist.

If the bloke had said something about Shelvey's baldness, an area I'm sure he's fairly sensitive about, then I find it canny hard to get on to the moral high ground about Shelvey having a go back by him something people would class as border line (like the couscous rumour). Of course as I said before he may well have said something we'd all deem racist and in which case fair enough he deserves the ban.

Anyway it's typical that the FA really made a mess of this, moving it so late into the season etc, so it would be in keeping with them to have made a decision on little evidence and will quickly move on without clarifying what was supposedly said.

It was 'sand monkey'.

Edited by Park Life

If he has said something then he deserves his punishment. I just hope the FA are consistent as I'm sure this kind of shit goes on in every game.

As someone else has said, if someone has calls him a bald bastard (although that Shelvey gives much of a fuck about it) or what have you, then they should get banned too.

It's sad that it has come to this. If he really hasn't said anything then he should appeal and, if necessary, take it further. If he has said it then he needs to accept his ban and hope that these kinds of punishments are meted out fairly by the FA across the season (fuck all chance of that hapoening).

Messi:

"When I played against Barcelona with Hercules, I had the same problems with Messi again. Before the match, he gave me a hand and said, 'Hola, negro'. He didn't shake my hand again after the match. I don't think he'll invite me to his birthday party." Drenthe

How can a player speak English well enough to call Shelvey a bald cunt but not well enough to understand what was said back? :lol:

On the Liv forums they say that Shelvey was regularly called a Welsh cunt. :lol:

Edited by Park Life

How can a player speak English well enough to call Shelvey a bald cunt but not well enough to understand what was said back? :lol:

Mirandinha used to say 'hairy mott' to lasses back in the day and be oblivious to what he'd said. (Although that might've had something to do with Gazza).

Mirandinha used to say 'hairy mott' to lasses back in the day and be oblivious to what he'd said. (Although that might've had something to do with Gazza).

:lol: And "divvent dee dat"

There was a certain inevitability about this one. Who knows what was said? Shelvey does look the sort though doesn't he, so he's probably guilty. No smoke without fire and all that.

Couscous nonse is a brilliant racial slur btw