People on here have suggested Diame in the middle a few times, so I reckon it's worth a try. Might need to go to a high energy style rather than penetrating passing moves though.

Did the makems not sign Anchove after the transfer window had closed due to him being out of contract.Barton is now out of contract.

And he cannot be signed until January. Go back to sleep. We'll wake you in the new year.

Did the makems not sign Anchove after the transfer window had closed due to him being out of contract.Barton is now out of contract.

I dunno, we should ask our resident expert on all things Sunderland. 

essembeeofsunderland, did sunderland sign Victor Anichebe after the transfer window closed as he was out of contract?

I bet you clean up at Scrabble btw

http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20161116/club-statement-jonjo-shelvey_2281670_6076229

Newcastle United can confirm that Jonjo Shelvey has today pleaded not guilty to an FA charge of misconduct in relation to an alleged incident during Newcastle United's game against Wolverhampton Wanderers on Saturday, 17 September.
The player has requested a personal hearing with the FA regarding this matter. The club will be making no further comment until the matter has been concluded.

Is it "Black Tony" from Washington, I bet Cath knows him.

Who's Black Tony? Never heard of him. In shields we had poor old Johnny Decker. Nice bloke by all accounts but a total wreck. The Purple Aki stories are seriously weird like.

Decker got all over, I'm guessing the inspectors let him off on the metty as I doubt he buys tickets, either that or he was good at watching for them and getting off when they got on.

Oh aye he rode it all over but the only place I used to see him away from the metro was in shields, which led me to believe that's where he lived.