Football Manager 17

Andrew

Right, you know what it is.

It's out soon, beta is available now.

So, I believe you have 6 months of the first season to play in the beta, who can do the best with us in that time?

No idea what those are showing.

Pretty much all of my staff have been taken by other clubs.

Yeah, that happened to me too.

As I said on twitter, Blari Ebbage is a bit of a Tory cunt, isn't he?

CvR4eJKVIAEzUQZ.jpg

you got that much for tiote? absolutely no one will take him from me

Also was offered £7m rising to £10m for Colback, but couldn't find a decent replacement for him.

Right, you know what it is.

It's out soon, beta is available now.

So, I believe you have 6 months of the first season to play in the beta, who can do the best with us in that time?

There's no restrictions in the BETA. It's the demo that only has a time restriction on there.

Been playing FM touch (Which I honestly prefer, reminds me of the older games) over the weekend.

Promoted at a canter with 107 points, joined by Derby and Villa from the playoffs.

Trimmed a few players from the squad and signed one guy whose name I can't spell even well enough to google him right now in the first window.

Kouyate and Wimmer signed in Jan from the transfer list as I got a boost in my funds. 

in pre-season now, signed Elneny from Arsenal, Andre Gomes from Barca and Emre Mor from Dortmund so far.

sold quite a few, hanley, colback, tiote etc most of the loaned out players will be going once the loan finishes, may need a better striker despite Gayle getting 38 in the championship.

Not massive, starts at 5 million with 50/60k in wages to spend as well.

my main problem in the first window was finding players that were good enough to improve us tbh, overpriced brazilian forwards at chinese clubs clog up the top end of the transfer listings.

I'm using a 4231 and we lack depth in attacking midfield which is a bit of a pain.

Brought in a few young lads that the scouts say have the potential to be Decent -> Good Premier League players in the Christmas window as my promotion push is stuttering thanks to injuries. 

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see Football Manager still can ruin a Saturday early doors

CwfKHAQWEAAQ-UF.jpg

Went on to lose 3-2 having 30 shots, 13 on target, and 61% possession. Hit the bar 3 times too.

Southampton had 6 shots, 4 on target, none from a clear cut chance, 2 were absolute thunderbastards from fully 25yds out.

I need to increase my revenue, to give myself more wiggle room when it comes to obeying the FFP rules. Ashley won't permit an affiliate club to raise profile and won't expand the stadium. I've gone on international tours,but they don't add that much to my coffers.

Any thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...

:lol:

Freak result or are you dominating the league anyway?

Bit of both. 

I'm doing well (2nd in the league), but they were without Borini, Ginkel and Pickford thanks to injuries or suspensions. Then Cattermole got sent off early doors and 3 goals followed that in quick succession. 

I'm up to the 22/23 season having started with Milan.

Got sacked by them pretty quickly after a really poor opening season, moved to Everton the following year when Koeman looked like taking them down, kept them up and then spent a couple of seasons there getting into the champions league before moving on.

Did similar with Lyon in my next job, pulled them up from mid table to CL and then left again, spent 20-22 with Italy after they sacked their manager post-euros, won the european league thing in 2021 then left after WC 22 (moved to argentina) after geting to the QFs and being knocked out by eventual winners Portugal.

Had an offer from France then which I didn't bother with as I fancy a club again, waiting to see which big one has a poor start and sacks their manager, not been to Germany or Spain yet so fancying one of those if possible.

I'm up to the 22/23 season having started with Milan.

Got sacked by them pretty quickly after a really poor opening season, moved to Everton the following year when Koeman looked like taking them down, kept them up and then spent a couple of seasons there getting into the champions league before moving on.

Did similar with Lyon in my next job, pulled them up from mid table to CL and then left again, spent 20-22 with Italy after they sacked their manager post-euros, won the european league thing in 2021 then left after WC 22 (moved to argentina) after geting to the QFs and being knocked out by eventual winners Portugal.

Had an offer from France then which I didn't bother with as I fancy a club again, waiting to see which big one has a poor start and sacks their manager, not been to Germany or Spain yet so fancying one of those if possible.

should do a blog mate. Yours is a more interesting tale than mine, where basically I took over from Rafa and I'm now evolving into the behemoth that will dominate the English football landscape for generations.

should do a blog mate. Yours is a more interesting tale than mine, where basically I took over from Rafa and I'm now evolving into the behemoth that will dominate the English football landscape for generations.

I should write for thesetpieces, I might get a bit further than macintosh anyway :razz:

I've just got Steep now so i'll be playing that in the run up to christmas, quite good getting into a game with my missus and running round pissing about on a mountain together.

I should write for thesetpieces, I might get a bit further than macintosh anyway :razz:

I've just got Steep now so i'll be playing that in the run up to christmas, quite good getting into a game with my missus and running round pissing about on a mountain together.

Yeah, there's is zero chance of my lass getting into FM17. She can barely tolerate actual football. :lol:

Yeah, there's is zero chance of my lass getting into FM17. She can barely tolerate actual football. :lol:

Get something else :razz:

Diablo 3 is a favourite of Mrs Andrew and I as is Rainbow 6 Siege and now we're having a go at Steep.

Pretty much owt we can play Co-op together either on the same console or on different ones int' living room (yes I have 2 consoles/TVs in my living room)