Football Manager 17

Andrew

Get something else :razz:

Diablo 3 is a favourite of Mrs Andrew and I as is Rainbow 6 Siege and now we're having a go at Steep.

Pretty much owt we can play Co-op together either on the same console or on different ones int' living room (yes I have 2 consoles/TVs in my living room)

Anything more complicated than Candy Crush get the eye-roll treatment. 

She did enjoy GTA briefly, then some 12yr old Yank decided to keep murdering her over and over and over again. :lol:

We'll read together, but blowing up aliens or racing cars is a no-go.

Except for Mario games, obvs.

Went to BMG for 7 months or so to sort them out, moved them up from 16th to 5th and then the Juve job came up, applied for that but failed to get the job, it went to Mark Hughes instead who took the job and left Newcastle without a manager.

So I applied for that instead and got it.

We'd finished 4th the season previously to we had the champions league to contend with but were also the league overachievers so I realised it might not be as easy a task as it first appeared.

I was right, the team is astonishingly injury prone and also quite old, so a regeneration project is in order.

There are some quality players in the team though, the likes of Breel Embolo and Ante Coric are very handy.

Got 50 million to spend and immediately chucked £35 million at Man U for the transfer listed Martin Odegaard who I've been trying to sign for about 6 years at various clubs as he's absolutely perfect for my system and was a start for me in many saves last year.

We qualified for the CL proper with relative ease a 5-1 aggregate victory for Dinamo Kyiv did the trick.

The group was awful, Barcelona, AC Milan and Schalke. A couple of good results in there, including a 4-0 win over Milan but we still finished bottom of the group, fortunatly the board weren't expecting any further progress in the competition anyway and I'm happier not being in the europa league.

It's January now and my main focus is on sorting out the defence, if I play my best back four then none of them are under 30 which is a concern so some prospects and some quality will be needed next season.

Went to BMG for 7 months or so to sort them out, moved them up from 16th to 5th and then the Juve job came up, applied for that but failed to get the job, it went to Mark Hughes instead who took the job and left Newcastle without a manager.

So I applied for that instead and got it.

We'd finished 4th the season previously to we had the champions league to contend with but were also the league overachievers so I realised it might not be as easy a task as it first appeared.

I was right, the team is astonishingly injury prone and also quite old, so a regeneration project is in order.

There are some quality players in the team though, the likes of Breel Embolo and Ante Coric are very handy.

Got 50 million to spend and immediately chucked £35 million at Man U for the transfer listed Martin Odegaard who I've been trying to sign for about 6 years at various clubs as he's absolutely perfect for my system and was a start for me in many saves last year.

We qualified for the CL proper with relative ease a 5-1 aggregate victory for Dinamo Kyiv did the trick.

The group was awful, Barcelona, AC Milan and Schalke. A couple of good results in there, including a 4-0 win over Milan but we still finished bottom of the group, fortunatly the board weren't expecting any further progress in the competition anyway and I'm happier not being in the europa league.

It's January now and my main focus is on sorting out the defence, if I play my best back four then none of them are under 30 which is a concern so some prospects and some quality will be needed next season.

If you can get him, Mauricio Lemos is already decent and according to my scouts will be a "Key player". I signed him asap and he's been at my WP feeder club for a few years, finally got a work permit for him, which is handy as I've had to promise Mbemba that if Barcelona come back in with a £40m bid I'll accept it, and they've already offered £38m.

Lincoln now counts as home grown, which makes CL registration a lot easier.

Are Sunderland doing well on yours? They're consistently a top half club under Giggs on mine.

Nope, they've been in the championship for a few years, this is their first back in the PL.

Lemos will be 27/28 years old by now, I'll check on him though but if he has come good he's probably too expensive for me at this point and if not he won't be worth it.

Nope, they've been in the championship for a few years, this is their first back in the PL.

Lemos will be 27/28 years old by now, I'll check on him though but if he has come good he's probably too expensive for me at this point and if not he won't be worth it.

Giz a deeks at yer skwad!

Getting to the point where I give up on this season and start anew, just signing newgens all the time now as real players are aging out of the game.

Once Odegaard retires I'm done which still gives me a few years.

This has probably been my least illustrious career in comparison to the length of time I've been playing that I've ever had, no league titles, won the FA cup a few times, no european cups.

Man U have utterly dominated in england over the course of this career, they've won the league in all but three seasons, it is 2027.

As for me, finished third with Newcastle last season with Lucas Fontana (newgen) hitting 45 league goals, winning the european golden boot by a long way.

Struggling defensively has meant we've not won enough, but a new, very good, keeper bought in summer has lead to a big upturn at the start of the 27/28 season, we're top after 5 games with 5 wins and a plus 21 goal difference.

Brexit has made this game harder for sure, non-british players need a work permit which makes signing young players hard as they haven't broken through internationally yet and I can't loan them to my european feeder clubs to get games in the meantime like I used to.

Getting to the point where I give up on this season and start anew, just signing newgens all the time now as real players are aging out of the game.

Once Odegaard retires I'm done which still gives me a few years.

This has probably been my least illustrious career in comparison to the length of time I've been playing that I've ever had, no league titles, won the FA cup a few times, no european cups.

Man U have utterly dominated in england over the course of this career, they've won the league in all but three seasons, it is 2027.

As for me, finished third with Newcastle last season with Lucas Fontana (newgen) hitting 45 league goals, winning the european golden boot by a long way.

Struggling defensively has meant we've not won enough, but a new, very good, keeper bought in summer has lead to a big upturn at the start of the 27/28 season, we're top after 5 games with 5 wins and a plus 21 goal difference.

Brexit has made this game harder for sure, non-british players need a work permit which makes signing young players hard as they haven't broken through internationally yet and I can't loan them to my european feeder clubs to get games in the meantime like I used to.

Haven't suffered this yet but I suppose I'm only in 2019.

Decided to finally get this, it seems a fair improvement to me over FM16 and is a lot quicker on my laptop than 16 was.

I have noticed though that anytime I go to buy a player the computer puts on a % of next transfer clause every time and I can't get it off, all I can do is lower it and sometimes the lowest it goes is 30%. Is anyone else having this? I've been having the usual problem of the computer being unrealistic with me, like Madrid asking for 49m for a player that is unhappy and hasn't made a single appearance for them by January, but then they also want 40% of next transfer fee on top :lol: .

Started a fresh save the other day after getting to 2030. I left Newcastle and won the title with Bayern to finish my final season.

Started as us for the first time on this iteration, signed no one in summer and then a few  kids in Jan, Sander Berge, Yeray and Jeando Fuchs (I may have been using the experience of getting 15 years into the future on those two) Berge slotted straight into my team as a box to box midfielder, Yeray at centre back and Fuchs was loaned back to his old club for the rest of the season.

Won the league at a canter, 117 points, Norwich had 98 behind me mind you but I had opened up that gap by game 30 so it was never in doubt anyway.

Summer of my first season back in the PL I have done a lot of work on the squad, can tell it needs more time to gel in games at the moment but I'm still 7th 10 games in.

Current squad is (I use a 433)

Costil (free)/Sels

Yedlin/Fuchs

Mbemba/Koulibally(29 million, transfer listed by napoli)

Semedo(25 million, listed by sporting)/Yeray/Lascelles

Lazaar/Gamez

Hojbjerg(36 million, listed by southampton)/Shelvey

Anita/Diame

Berge/Hayden

Ritchie/Gayle

Falque(10 mil, listed by roma)/Andreas Pereira(2 million, listed by man u and I know he gets very good)

Mitrovic/Dolberg(great name, also know he gets good, think he was about 9 million)

I got given loads to spend on promotion, which I secured so early that I was able to get the likes to hojbjerg and Koulibaly whilst they were unhappy with the crap seasons their teams were having and before anyone else got in for them.

Sold Perez for 25 million to malaga, thauvin, de jong, saivet etc and so on (really cleared out the reserves) for decent sums to cover all the other fees.

A consolidatory season, perhaps just missing out on the europa league, is what I expect this time, minor changes to the squad and it'll be europe for sure next time.

Have you come across Maximiliano Romero on any of your saves Andrew? He starts at Velez, I got him first season for 5m and he has spent half a season on loan to Rennes (17 games, 13 goals, 7.36 average) and is currently on loan to Championship Leicester (18 games, 12 goals, 7.22 average). Seems to have bags of potential.

I'm playing as Liverpool as I'm always too tempted to cheat when I play as Newcastle :lol: . I bought that Dolberg lad as a scout recommended him after my first season and he just won me a group game against Real Madrid.

I finished 3rd and won the League cup first season, Origi is fucking absurd on this game and scored 36 league goals in 32 appearances in my first season, realistically Sturridge can't get near the pitch without breaking down. Toon got promoted, Leicester come 20th :lol:.

I brought in:

Diogo Costa and Diogo Quieros from Porto as they both have good stats and 4+ star potential for 1.2m combined.

Timo Horn for 7.75m which was his release clause.

Coric for 13.25m in January after haggling for 6 month.

Felix Passlack for 8m in Jan :lol: I unsettled him and they got me right up to 25m in the first window but I pulled out of the deal, then he sulked for 6 month before they transfer listed him for 10m and I haggled down to 8m with some clauses that take it to 10.25m if he gets a ton of caps

Doria for 5.5m (shit buy) Jan window

Jonathan Tah for 26.5m after a ton of haggling, transfer listing etc in Jan.

Romero 5m from Velez

I sold:

Lucas Leiva for 13.5m to Man City (didn't have a great need for him and Grujic was coming back from loan at the end of the season)

Dejan Lovren for 20m to Quanjian (they unsettled him with 210k a week wages so I had to sell in Jan, hence my Doria and Tah moves)

James Milner to LA Galaxy for 6m :lol:

Klavan for 4m to Inter

Loaned out a ton of kids, loaned Joe Gomez to the toon.

Currently top in November 2nd season.

Sold:
Danny Ings for 4.5m to the toon

Emre Can for 44.5m to Juventus (he was unsettled and wasn't having any of my convincing.)

Andre Wisdom for 14.25m (10.25m up front with 4m over 24 months) to West Ham

Brought in:

Kuki - high potential Spanish attacking mid from Malaga for 9m release clause, loaned right out to Levante

Leon Goretzka for 39m to replace Emre Can, he is actually performing better than Can did.

Kasper Dolberg for 8m rising to 9.75m

Loaned out a ton of youth and got a 5 star potential player in my first batch of youth regens.

I either play a 4-2-3-1 or a 3-1-2-3-1 at home and often a 4-1-2-2-1 (with 2 wing backs and wingers) away from home. Firminho is starting to whinge as he wants to play with better players, so I'll have to keep tabs on him but Coric will probably be his replacement if he moans too much so I wont have to buy. I've spent the last 2 seasons trying to unsettle Kovacic as well as a long term replacement for Henderson.

Edit: It seems Firminho has deemed the squad is at the level he desires and has dropped his complaint :lol: the fucking sack.

Edited by Howay

Have you come across Maximiliano Romero on any of your saves Andrew? He starts at Velez, I got him first season for 5m and he has spent half a season on loan to Rennes (17 games, 13 goals, 7.36 average) and is currently on loan to Championship Leicester (18 games, 12 goals, 7.22 average). Seems to have bags of potential.

I'm playing as Liverpool as I'm always too tempted to cheat when I play as Newcastle :lol: . I bought that Dolberg lad as a scout recommended him after my first season and he just won me a group game against Real Madrid.

I finished 3rd and won the League cup first season, Origi is fucking absurd on this game and scored 36 league goals in 32 appearances in my first season, realistically Sturridge can't get near the pitch without breaking down. Toon got promoted, Leicester come 20th :lol:.

I brought in:

Diogo Costa and Diogo Quieros from Porto as they both have good stats and 4+ star potential for 1.2m combined.

Timo Horn for 7.75m which was his release clause.

Coric for 13.25m in January after haggling for 6 month.

Felix Passlack for 8m in Jan :lol: I unsettled him and they got me right up to 25m in the first window but I pulled out of the deal, then he sulked for 6 month before they transfer listed him for 10m and I haggled down to 8m with some clauses that take it to 10.25m if he gets a ton of caps

Doria for 5.5m (shit buy) Jan window

Jonathan Tah for 26.5m after a ton of haggling, transfer listing etc in Jan.

Romero 5m from Velez

I sold:

Lucas Leiva for 13.5m to Man City (didn't have a great need for him and Grujic was coming back from loan at the end of the season)

Dejan Lovren for 20m to Quanjian (they unsettled him with 210k a week wages so I had to sell in Jan, hence my Doria and Tah moves)

James Milner to LA Galaxy for 6m :lol:

Klavan for 4m to Inter

Loaned out a ton of kids, loaned Joe Gomez to the toon.

Currently top in November 2nd season.

Sold:

Danny Ings for 4.5m to the toon

Emre Can for 44.5m to Juventus (he was unsettled and wasn't having any of my convincing.)

Andre Wisdom for 14.25m (10.25m up front with 4m over 24 months) to West Ham

Brought in:

Kuki - high potential Spanish attacking mid from Malaga for 9m release clause, loaned right out to Levante

Leon Goretzka for 39m to replace Emre Can, he is actually performing better than Can did.

Kasper Dolberg for 8m rising to 9.75m

Loaned out a ton of youth and got a 5 star potential player in my first batch of youth regens.

I either play a 4-2-3-1 or a 3-1-2-3-1 at home and often a 4-1-2-2-1 (with 2 wing backs and wingers) away from home. Firminho is starting to whinge as he wants to play with better players, so I'll have to keep tabs on him but Coric will probably be his replacement if he moans too much so I wont have to buy. I've spent the last 2 seasons trying to unsettle Kovacic as well as a long term replacement for Henderson.

Edit: It seems Firminho has deemed the squad is at the level he desires and has dropped his complaint :lol: the fucking sack.

All dead interesting, but how're Newcastle doing?

Pretty well, 7th in the Premier League. They have Odegaard on loan, Dario Lezcano is banging them in up top, and they also have Iwobi from Arsenal on loan who keeps getting young player of the month. I just played them, my lot won 2-1 and Shelvey got sent off :lol: .

Pretty well, 7th in the Premier League. They have Odegaard on loan, Dario Lezcano is banging them in up top, and they also have Iwobi from Arsenal on loan who keeps getting young player of the month. I just played them, my lot won 2-1 and Shelvey got sent off :lol: .

He call one of your lot a Bratwurst Bellend?

He call one of your lot a Bratwurst Bellend?

:lol: Crunching tackle on Goretzka so maybe.

I've just won the league, brought in Sule to replace Matip who was moaning he wasn't good enough to get games so I sold him to West Ham for 22m, I got Hirving Lozano for 24m as well as he's rated as a world class player but playing for Pachuca and Barca are circling round Coutinho.

In toon news Rafa left for the Southampton job and Alex Neill is the favorite  :glare:

Edited by Howay

Been a whlie since my last update.

Squad is quite different now at the start of the 19/20 season.

Big leavers are Mbemba and Hojbjerg for 40 and 50 million pounds respectively, I wouldn't have sold Hojbjerg as he was the best midfielder I had and the consistency had started to come into the team towards the end of 17/18, him leaving led to a massive midfield overhaul which I think we paid the price for again with a struggle for consistency.

Mbemba just moaned all the time so I shipped him as I have a ton of quality at centre back anyway and replaced him with ease for a quarter of the price I sold him for.

Rulli/Costil

Fuchs/Yedlin

Koulibally/Semedo

Sarr/San Jose

Lazaar/(sarr as backup)

Rabiot/Shelvey

Tielemans/Anita

Sturaro/Berge

Berardi/Ritchie

Pereira/Falque

Barbosa/Dolberg/Mitrovic

Berardi, Barbosa and Rulli are my major signings this season, as well as San Jose to replace Mbemba, unusually for me I have had no issues building a really strong defence but getting the attack right is proving hard work.

Won the league cup last season and have the europa league to play in this time round, qualified comfortably and have played 3 won 3 in the league, this could be our year...

He had a minimum fee release clause and PSG came knocking.

I then signed Rabiot from them with some of the money so it's not a problem for me quality wise but doing a big upgrade on the three positions led to a real struggle to get consistency for a while.

And just like that, Rabiot goes to dortmund for 52 million, another release clause.

Samper signed for a fraction of the price to replace him and I've got a spare 40 million in my pocket.