Football Manager 17

Andrew

:lol: I've been playing these games for far too long!

Andreas Pereira btw chaps is a great player on this iteration for us, usually gets transfer listed by man u in the second season I think and is available for peanuts.

Develops superbly as a left wing inside forward or an advanced playmaker at CM or AMC.

Duly noted, I just bought this and am in season 1 with NUFC. Unbeaten so far but only 6 games in.

Keep us updated, transfers, system, big scores etc.

Keep us updated, transfers, system, big scores etc.

Will do, but I did nothing with transfers in the first window apart from ship out Tiote.

I'm also still trying to settle on my preferred formation at this point. It's looking like a 4-3-3 with Mitro up top, but I need to work on an alternative system to accommodate Gayle as it doesn't work for him. Any thoughts on that? The rest of the team is essentially as you would expect. I did think about having Perez just behind him and playing through the middle in his case, but Perez is out for 3 months and I don't trust anyone else to play the same kind of role very well.

If you have money spare sign Jeando Fuchs, great young, reliable right back who will develop pretty much in line with your squad as you progress.

Bought this over xmas, won the first div and league cup first season, knocked out of FA cup at the semis by arsenal. Will post some screenshots later, played mitro up front in 433 as a target man and he went a bit mad.

Just started in the prem with two draws but through to the group stages of the europa league

Will do, but I did nothing with transfers in the first window apart from ship out Tiote.

I'm also still trying to settle on my preferred formation at this point. It's looking like a 4-3-3 with Mitro up top, but I need to work on an alternative system to accommodate Gayle as it doesn't work for him. Any thoughts on that? The rest of the team is essentially as you would expect. I did think about having Perez just behind him and playing through the middle in his case, but Perez is out for 3 months and I don't trust anyone else to play the same kind of role very well.

What's the rest of your squad like? 

Could you play Aarons and Ritchie as wide men with Mitro and Gayle as TM & Poacher respectively?

What's the rest of your squad like? 

Could you play Aarons and Ritchie as wide men with Mitro and Gayle as TM & Poacher respectively?

I've got 3 in the middle with two advanced wingers and a standard back four. I tried Mitro and Gayle together but while Mitro seems to do well in that arrangement, Gayle was totally ineffectual. I'm starting to think I'm going to be told he's having some confidence based goal drought but it's early days yet. I don't feel we have the squad for it, but my ideal systems are 4-1-2-2-1 if I'm up against a better team, playing on the counter, or 4-2-3-1 when I'm on the front foot, with wingers for both.

Tend not to use two forwards. In fairness, when Perez comes back I can make the 4-2-3-1 work. Don't feel I have a reliable enough anchor for 4-1-2-2-1 though.

Edited by Rayvin

It'll take a few years to get to a position where you can probably buy him but if anyone needs a CB Niklas Sule from Hoffenheim is unbelievable on this, he rarely makes any errors and has made my defence solid. Obviously he's not a hidden gem or owt I'm just highlighting him as he's one of those players you can splurge on that live up to the price tag.

Ante Coric has finally broken into my team season 3 and he's quality, I think he was around 13m when I got him so if he's not moved to a top side by the time you get Newcastle promoted he's a good target for the AMC role if you need it. 

Strong 19/20 season just wrapped up, 4th in the league, Euro Cup Winners, FA Cup Finalists.

Rumblings in the press about a takeover, with a consortium and a tycoon both mentioned (please, please, please let this be the tycoon takeover!)

Barbosa was my top scorer with 45 goals in 58 games and 11 assists.

Front 3 were fantastic this season, seems I've found the balance Pereira got 28 goals and 15 assists, Berardi 14 and 17. Even Dolberg who is my backup/rotation option got 15 goals.

Lazaar was my top rated performer with a 7.66 average in 40 games, I rotate him a lot now as he gets tired. Ruben Semedo followd him with 7.57 over 58 matches, which is mental!

Of my 23 man squad only 4 averaged less than a 7.00 over the season, Rulli my keeper made the most starts with 65 out of 67 games.

So they've lied about investment, taken out a massive loan to finance buying the club AND are disregarding the fact I delivered the clubs best season in decades less than 4 weeks ago.

cunt.

I'm probably more annoyed about that than I should be but they really have!

I'll wait out this season and see if he's going to be a pain or not, if he is I'll head off to pastures new. City came in for me last season but I knocked them back.

At least they didn't rob me of my existing transfer budget so I have 55 million in the bank to improve the squad, though as per usual loads of my players are targets of massive teams so I'll see who I lose in the process, I think I'm rid of all the minimum fee release clauses now at least.

I'll wait out this season and see if he's going to be a pain or not, if he is I'll head off to pastures new. City came in for me last season but I knocked them back.

At least they didn't rob me of my existing transfer budget so I have 55 million in the bank to improve the squad, though as per usual loads of my players are targets of massive teams so I'll see who I lose in the process, I think I'm rid of all the minimum fee release clauses now at least.

One of the things I always make sure I get in their contract is an optional contract extension. So if they're fussing and moaning and want to leave for Real Madrid, or whatever, I can bump the fee up a bit by extending their contract.

I don't mind it too much, Koulibaly has been trying to go to Real Madrid for 2 or 3 years now and I've never let him go, he seems ok with it after a brief sulk.

If I do have to sell I usually come out of it alright, I'm very much a cheque book manager, I've got my system that works pretty well and I just try to get better/more suitable players for it.

:lol: It is a liberty mind, I don't think I've ever had that sort of situation before. I've had stingy people come in but can't remember it being that bad.

55m isn't bad at all like and it sounds like your team is fairly well stocked.

I'm in a transition season after my title win, and with a bunch of injuries/upheaval my team is sitting 4th in January, nowt separating 2nd through 6th really though. Spurs sold Kane to Man Utd for 90m and bought Pulisic for 35m, despite him being shite the buggers have won every fucking game besides 1 loss so they're miles ahead. 

I've just had to sell Coutinho for 75m to PSG, Sakho to Barca for 20m, and Lallana for 4m due to the first two moaning their tits off and Lallana being the wrong side of 30 + barely playing. I'm not bothered about Sakho going, he had been class for me first 2 seasons but for some reason anytime he came in this season my defence was shambolic and fairly solid any time I left him out.

Coutinho is a bit of a gutter though, it was at the point where I couldn't keep him as he was asking for mental wages to stay and was sulking, I also try and be somewhat realistic in accepting mental bids for people even though the computer are fairly unrealistic with their demands from human players (as evidenced by me having 45m bids for Pulisic turned down and 71m demanded before they accepted 35m from Spurs...). I bought Leon Bailey early on and he has slotted into Coutinho's position on the left wing fairly well but he's nowhere near the threat Coutinho was. 

Was that disallowed because of half time?! I've never seen that one before...

Yeah, I was/am livid.

What kind of felching cock rash blows for half time during a corner routine?

The amount of times players ask for new contracts is fucking absurd, every single player in my first team asked for a new one this season and the majority had signed their current one less than a year ago. 

Real Madrid are currently fucking over Coric for me as well, after every single game I play I get something about how they watched him play, Marcelo, Ramos, and Ronaldo have all urged him to join them and then I had a convo with him that was pretty much impossible to get out of without him getting transfer listed. I'd be somewhat okay with it but this is the 4th player this has happened with this season and it's just getting a bit tiresome having them all be sulky and miserable.

Coric just broke the PL record for assists so I don't fancy selling him at all as it'd be hard to replace him, I'm considering Alli but he doesn't get many assists.

Aye it's bullshit, Felipe Vizeu has been stalked by bigger clubs since I bought him and it's cost me wages and promises to keep him. Despite him being a top striker, he doesn't feel there's enough quality up front so I signed Gabriel Barbosa for £32m. 

Not good enough, Vizeu still wants the strike force strengthened. I've the best attack in the league, he's the league's top goal scorer, There's strength in depth all over the pitch. How can I make him happy? Oh aye, here's another £20k a week and a signing on bonus that it more than some clubs spend on a player.

:huff:

Do you reckon it's actually like this or has the game taken it too far?

EDIT - also, I always found that once you've cemented your position as one of the most reputable clubs in the world, this sort of thing tends to happen less.

Edited by Rayvin

Just finished my second season with Southampton. Disappointed to only finish sixth in the league but did beat Liverpool in the Europa League final, so I've qualified for the Champions League that way.