Football Manager 17

Andrew

Berge does have higher potential, didn't get close to it in my last save though.

Fuchs is 23/24 in my current save now and worth nearly 30 million

How much were they, just to compare?

Man City refuse to sell Sane to me even though he has played 11 games in 3 years, they keep buying up attacking midfielders like no tomorrow though. 

I sold Firminho to Man City for 94m as it was a ridiculous bid, I bought Gotze for 40m and Lucas Moura for 18m (transfer listed) with some of the money.

I'm in January 2020 now, been chasing a Russian regen CB for a while and saw Man Utd had bid, so I threw in a 27m bid. Mine was rejected and Man Utd's 24m rising to 32m bid was accepted, so I threw in a 34m up front bid and it was fucking rejected. Not sure at all why they'd reject a better bid, it's from Zenit so there should be no reason at all to prefer him to go to Man Utd over my lot. I've always ran into this issue of the comp favoring comp bids but it still pisses me off when you get one this clear.

Spurs are still being fucking ridiculous as well, 23 games 1 draw 2 losses so they're 9 points clear of anyone.

Oh aye I sold Origi to PSG for 81m and I've been rotating Kuki and Romero up top, Kuki has been doing class. PSG are absurd, they bought Renato Sanches for 83m, Oblak for 35.5m and Danilo for 40.5m in the same window, I looked and they've basically had a net spend of 100m every season.

Have 250m transfer budget now but feel the squad is well balanced at the moment as I offloaded Markovic, Wijnaldum and Mane along with Origi and Firminho (I also sold Chirivella for 9m which was a nice bonus) so I might just got this window without spending.

Edited by Howay

:lol: The board are a bit meh on me which is a bit of a surprise seeing as I've won a Champions League, a PL title, FA cup, League cup, and club world championship since I started. I think their expectations have really went sky high since I won the league though. The club world championship is a lot harder than it used to be since the Chinese sides are actually pretty good :lol: . I'm usually a massive spender but I always end up with a ridiculously large squad so I'm trying to keep it a bit thinner.

Andrew is Mariano ever any good on any of your saves? He's a youth striker from Real Madrid, Burnley got him 2nd season for 1.7m and he scored 23 goals for them in the PL last season, he's has scored against me every time I've played him as well (including a 4 goal performance in a 5-0 drubbing from them). Might be a good buy first season up if he's in anyway consistently like this for Newcastle saves.

The accepting lower bids from computer teams is pissing me off as well, I'm playing as AC Milan now cos they offered me the job and I fancied a change. Bernadeschi the right winger, was transfer listed for 45 mill, which I bid. They asked for 92 then sold him to PSG for 38..

The accepting lower bids from computer teams is pissing me off as well, I'm playing as AC Milan now cos they offered me the job and I fancied a change. Bernadeschi the right winger, was transfer listed for 45 mill, which I bid. They asked for 92 then sold him to PSG for 38..

:lol: That's fucking absurd. It's definitely one of the more frustrating things in the game especially when it's as blatantly obvious and ridiculous like that.

:lol: The board are a bit meh on me which is a bit of a surprise seeing as I've won a Champions League, a PL title, FA cup, League cup, and club world championship since I started. I think their expectations have really went sky high since I won the league though. The club world championship is a lot harder than it used to be since the Chinese sides are actually pretty good :lol: . I'm usually a massive spender but I always end up with a ridiculously large squad so I'm trying to keep it a bit thinner.

Andrew is Mariano ever any good on any of your saves? He's a youth striker from Real Madrid, Burnley got him 2nd season for 1.7m and he scored 23 goals for them in the PL last season, he's has scored against me every time I've played him as well (including a 4 goal performance in a 5-0 drubbing from them). Might be a good buy first season up if he's in anyway consistently like this for Newcastle saves.

Don't think he's ever set the world alight no, I've tried for him early in the game once or twice but always found him overvalued

Ah well must have just been fluke for Burnley, he wasn't as good this current season although he still got 11 (they did favour a new signing over him mind so I think he only got 23 appearances).

I managed to win the league on the last day of the season with a 2-1 away win over Man Utd, won it on goal difference by 1 goal :lol:, PSG absolutely demolished my lot in a CL Semi final.

Goretzka and Lozano are now completely unsettled by Real Madrid and Bayern, I've already got plenty regens ready to step in for Goretzka but I like having him and Brannagan as a long term partnership. 

It's now the 2020 summer which iirc is the brexit one in the game.

Is Goretzka actually able to play consecutive games for you? I've had him before and hes just a (barely) walking injury.

His problems on an older FM are the reason I automatically don't buy anyone my scouts say might be injury prone.

Aye he's been no problem for me aside from a couple of 2-3 week spells throughout each season, he has struggled to get on the pitch on prior FM's that I bought him mind. On the other hand Leon Bailey who the scouts didn't say was injury prone suffered 3 bad injuries through the season the last one putting him out for 7-8 months. 

I'm assuming Goretzka staying fit is just blind luck as this is the only game I've had on this version of FM. 

Edited by Howay

Well, that kind of got away from me;

Signed Berge on Andrew's recommendation, but I'm not sure how to fit him in my system yet.
Also Lincoln and Kuki and I know they can both make a difference in the Championship. ( Kuki has a £5.75m release clause! How did I not know this before?)
Picked up a 16yr old regen 'keeper from Bury called Daniel Shelley for £110k on the back of my new Data analyst recommending him and my scouts spunking their collective pants.

David Carmona from Sevilla B, he's a right back with potential. Signed mostly because Yedlin is a liability discipline-wise and Gamez is injured for 3 months. Anita can do a job there (or anywhere really) but I needed a back up.

Took Ryan Christie from Celtic on loan

Outgoings are the usual; Tiote, Colback, Gouffran, managed to get £500k for Satka.

Tried to sign Diego Poyet on a free, but he chose Pescara and less wages :good:

Drew 0-0 with Fulham in my first game because Yedlin two footed someone for the second game running, and Gayle and his replacement Murphy had to go off with niggles so I played 43 minutes with 10 men and nobody up front.

Was 2-0 down against Huddersfield  in the first 5 minutes, and came back to win 3-2 thanks to a Ritchie brace and Lazaar's homage to Shearer; a lovely side foot volley from a lofted pass.

Beat Reading and Bristol 2-1 each, in professional if uninspiring performances.

Went behind to Oldham in the cup, but went on to win 4-2, all four of my goals came in the 1st half. 

Went 2-0 up against Brighton in the first 20 minutes and might as well gone to bed as nothing of note happened again until the final minute when Sidwell saw red. One of the quickest 2nd halfs in terms of highlights I've ever seen. No highlight worthy shots, big chances, no corners!

International break now and I'm going to have to drill some attacking verve into the players who aren't off with their country.

Play a 4-4-1-1 against better sides, and a narrow 4-2-3-1 against the weaker clubs. The latter gives me loads of shots and chances not matter the opposition, but the backline and defensive unit isn't of a sufficient standard to keep out the better sides yet.

Aye Kuki's clause makes him a target for me in any game I play in future now. It sounds like Newcastle get a canny transfer budget if you're getting Kuki and Lincoln, I'm always tempted to play as NUFC but the urge to do the old save before game, load game if you lose cheat is too tempting whenever I play as them :lol: .

I finally lost Coric! Barcelona bid 100m for him so I just accepted, I've had bids lodged for a ton of my players and promptly rejected them and luckily no one is unsettled. I've got Gotze, Evander and a ton of class regens so I'll probably not touch my transfer budget (which is at 346m now), I've managed to hold onto Lozano and Goretzka after the title win but tbh the regens are snapping at Goretzka's heels so I'd have been okay with him going (Real Madrid were bidding, they'd just stuck Kovacic on the transfer list for 18m so he'd have been a good replacement if I wanted anyway).

:lol: To be fair if the regens in the game didn't turn into world beaters after 1-2 seasons out on loan I wouldn't have been able to go so long making a profit on transfers every season. I think a lot of the top computer sides eventually run into the same thing, I had a game on fm15 with Southampton that I got into 2027 and then moved to Barcelona who had a transfer budget of 1.2bn :lol:

I also made a massive profit on Dolberg this season, sold him for 39m after loaning him out each season after I bought him.

Edited by Howay

:lol: I have now. The fans boot off anytime I spend on a 5 star rated regen so I shudder to think of the reaction for signing some proper rubbish. Maybe if I get bored with this save I might do something like that, I think I only have down to league two loaded but I suppose I could add down to the conference or something to include them.

Have you ever tried games that low? It's pretty good for a while actually and once you make it to League one the top sides are releasing youth players that can walk into your team and have potential to be lower Prem players.

I start in the lower leagues or play as Newcastle. I've played as Gateshead before but for some reason tend to play as Worcester City more. I got them into the UEFA cup once which all 3000 of my fans celebrated joyously :D

It can be satisfying to rise up through the leagues but it does take fucking ages to get to any real aspect of success.

I start in the lower leagues or play as Newcastle. I've played as Gateshead before but for some reason tend to play as Worcester City more. I got them into the UEFA cup once which all 3000 of my fans celebrated joyously :D

It can be satisfying to rise up through the leagues but it does take fucking ages to get to any real aspect of success.

:lol: Aye the one flaw in previous games I noticed is your fan amount seemed to be capped at a point, I got Gateshead into the Prem once and was still struggling to sell out the International stadium. The board were stingy as hell with money as well iirc. 

Yeah getting through the lower league seasons takes forever with the amount of games.

Aye Kuki's clause makes him a target for me in any game I play in future now. It sounds like Newcastle get a canny transfer budget if you're getting Kuki and Lincoln, I'm always tempted to play as NUFC but the urge to do the old save before game, load game if you lose cheat is too tempting whenever I play as them :lol: .

I finally lost Coric! Barcelona bid 100m for him so I just accepted, I've had bids lodged for a ton of my players and promptly rejected them and luckily no one is unsettled. I've got Gotze, Evander and a ton of class regens so I'll probably not touch my transfer budget (which is at 346m now), I've managed to hold onto Lozano and Goretzka after the title win but tbh the regens are snapping at Goretzka's heels so I'd have been okay with him going (Real Madrid were bidding, they'd just stuck Kovacic on the transfer list for 18m so he'd have been a good replacement if I wanted anyway).

£13m for the pair, which is roughly the same as I recieved for unloading Colback (£8.5m!) and Tiote (£3.2m).

My coaching team is below par, but Ashley won't let me increase the number of coaches, so Ian Cathro is having to assist in Goal Keeping sessions. Isn't there a way to get the coaches from your youth teams taking 1st team sessions too?

Wish we could get that sort of money for Colback in real life! Although with the fees some of these Championship sides are demanding for their fodder...

I can't say I know much about the coaching side of the game as I generally try to fob that off on my assistant manager, I've never really bothered with it other than trying to sign as many highly rated coaches as I can.