Football Manager 17

Andrew

Why Worcester? They're always my go to semi-pro team. I think cos I like the sauce.

Because you can't get worst-er?

I'll get me coat.

Why Worcester? They're always my go to semi-pro team. I think cos I like the sauce.

One of, if not the worst team in the English game (without loading even lower leagues). 

I normally pick Newcastle, or a random Championship side. Want to try a full career, starting with rot, see if bigger clubs come calling, etc.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Back in with a new NUFC save going.

Won the league on the last day with 94 points (sound familiar?) in the frst season and...won the League Cup, which was fun!

Didn't go mad on signings first time out played this for the first half of the season

Sels

Yedlin

Mbemba

Clarke

Lazaar

CDM Ilsanker (from RBL, handy player)

Shelvey

Diame

Ritchie

Atsu/Stoch

Mitrovic.

Spent some money in January when it was available on Chiriches and a couple of Kids from Lazio Murgia and Lombardi.

First season in the PL signed Timo Horn, Diallo from Monaco, winger Carillo and Domenico Berardi (who Im using as a striker, hes ace)

top of the league early in the season as it stands, 8 or so games in.

Probably the most successful start to a NUFC save I've had on this version so far.

36 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Mitrovic.

How did he do goal-scoring wise? Never prolific me. 

Where did your goals/assists come from?

4 minutes ago, The Fish said:

How did he do goal-scoring wise? Never prolific me. 

Where did your goals/assists come from?

Brilliantly, he was completely unsuited to the tactic, complete forward (support) had 1 star for it and was down at the bottom of familiarity and yet he scored 19 in 21 starts(I wasnt using him at first, it was gayle until he got an injury)

Not sure on the more detailed stats off the top of my head, I changed up what I usually do so Im actually using wingers rather than inside forwards and a proper CDM.

Nice :lol:

I think this may be the best start to an FM save I've ever had.

League and Cup in season 1.

Currently in November of season 2, top of the premier league 13 games in, qualified from my europa league group with 2 game to spare.

I've essentially got two elevens, one for the league and one for cup/europa game that I rotate since I have midweek fixtures constantly at the moment, which will be handy over the Christmas games too.

I forgot a signing I made during summer, Kasper Dolberg who lives in the cup squad at the moment.

I feel sort of bad for Mitro, he had such a great season but he's not getting a look in over Dolberg and Berardi as it stands as neither can do any wrong.

26/27 season, I've finished 7th a few times recently as ageing players aren't doing it and young players aren't ready yet. Sold fan favourites Marcus Rashford, Bart Ramselaar, Reine-Adelaide, Clement Lenglet for princely sums and dipped into the Wenger-esque reserves I've been accruing.  

So I've just spent £150m on players. I've 3 "World Class" talents on my books,

DCv9I5sXUAEAEcx.jpg

DCv9I5wWAAAimZL.jpg

DCv9I5sXUAAyH0I.jpg

DCv34gmXgAAbil7.jpg

:lol: Fucking Chelsea.

Bloody well finished 4th in my first season back in the PL!

Happy with that, after Christmas the sheer number of games resulted in a fair lot of injuries and a fall away from the very top of the league and I settled into a battle for 4th with Arsenal.

Made it to the europa league final, which I unfortunately lost to Lazio but I then won the FA cup the following weekend to thats 1 cup, 1 final and 4th place in the league in season two to follow 1 cup and winning the league in season 1. Strong.

Player wise Berardi was the star of the attack, finishing as my top scorer and winning the PL young player of the season award, Lazaar won the NUFC player of the season after a great season.

Diame was the star of the europa league team, scoring a goal a game in the tournament overall.

I kept up rotation between two separate 11s as much as possible for the season, though a bad run of injuries scuppered it for Jan/Feb a bit.

I've moved to strengthen central midfield in summer, 3/4 of my defence were in the PL team of the year and my attack was great but the midfield lacks stand out quality. Xhaka was on the transfer list, Dahoud was on a free and Olivér (from athletico) was too so thats that sorted for a combined £20 million.

Chiriches is going to Milan for 30 million, he's been replaced by Nastasic for 17 which is both an inprovment on quality and a handy amount to spend elsewhere, next is a right back following Gamez's contract expiry.

Oliver will need retraining to play a little deeper as hes currently a natural AMC but I want him at CM, his stats are absolutely astonishing for a CM Advanced Playmaker (support), 18's for all the recommended technical stats, 15 minimum for the mentals, if he retrains position properly he'll be absolutely unreal.

Well, the dream is over.

I'm being melodramatic, nothing that bad has happened but Berardi has left, deadline day and in come Dortmund to meet his minimum fee release clause, which leaves me scrambling as I'd sold Mitro at his own request and was already signing Batshuayi to replace him.

Couldn't find any value at all in the permanent market so went for a loan option which was then rejected at work permit stage leaving me with a less than ideal two strikers for the first part of the season. That Batshuayi and Dolberg are both plenty good enough so I'm not too concerned but fitness/injury will become an issue at some point.

I did manage to push through the deadline day signing of Cristian Pavon from Boca though, which I'm delighted about since he's absolutely superb.

I missed out on the CL proper after drawing Roma in the final qualifying stage and losing 2-1 on aggregate which is really disappointing but it just means another europa league campaign which is fine at this stage.

Lazaar got a massive injury the day before deadline day and will be out for 6-7 months so I was chasing a loan option for the season which worked out pretty well and I replaced Gamez with Darmian, pushing Yedlin back to second choice so overall I am much stronger on paper this season, though it will take time to properly gel.

Squad;

Main/Rotation

Horn/Sels

Darmian/Yedlin

Mbemba/Diallo

Nastasic/Clarke

Loan guy whose name I've forgotten/Haidara

Ilsanker(C)/Hayden

Dahoud/Oliver

Xhaka/Diame

Pavon/Carillo

Gnabry/Lombardi

Batshuayi/Dolberg

Notable spares; Shelvey, Murgia, Ritchie, Harit. (mostly out on loan now)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

When does the next FM come out? Around September?  Wondering if I should get '17 now with the Steam summer sale going on or wait till '18.

Early November usually.

Tons of changes to the squad since my last post.

Made the CL proper and got through to the first knockout stage, league form suffered though but rallied towards the end and finished 5th, should've been able to grab 4th but just fell short.

Tons of business done over summer, I think I have no players with a minimum fee release clause left anymore, though that does mean Xhaka and Dahoud left, fortunately they were both replaced before they'd gone.

I made well over 100 million in the last transfer window, with Dahoud going to £50 million (signed free) and Xhaka going for £44 million (signed for 16), Gnabry also left for £38 million (signed for 7). I'm doing very well on the transfer profit, having only spent beyond what I've sold by a few million in my first season and profiting in every season since.

Squad now

Rajkovic/Horn

Darmian/Yedlin

Inigo Martinez/Diallo

Kongolo/Mbemba

Mendy/Haidara

Ander Herrera/Bakayoko

Rabiot/Davy Propper

Odegaard/Juanpi

Amiri/Oliver

Pavon/Pjaca

Dolber/Batshuayi/Regen with massive potential

Herrera was free and Rabiot was 13 million meaning I replaced my 90 odd million of midfielders for buttons in comparison, they're a better pairing too.

• Like 2

Finally won the bloody league! In the 20/21 season despite trailing spurs for the first 2/3 of the season I won 12 in a row which pulled me up to win the league with a game to spare.

I also made the league cup final (for the third time I think) but lost to Spurs and the Europa League final which I then lost to OM. slightly disappointing to not make it a double but I'm really not that bothered.

I signed Alban Lafont in January despite not really needing another Keeper so Timo Horn will be on his way out this summer as he annoyed me by agitating for a move before this season. Lafont will be number 1 for sure, hes excellent.

My front four stepped their game up this time round, Odegaard, Amieri, Pavon and Yasin(newgen) all hit double figures of goals/assists with their rotational deputies also laying on plenty of goals.

I have new owner, who is a total disappointment after a mooted "tycoon" takeover last summer I just ended up with a regular bloke who appears to be less savvy than Mike was, we used to live in constant profit but this chancer has come along, taken out a 60 million loan to aid "running costs" and then floated us on the stock market raising...£0.

Berk.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Got bored, started a new game as Sporting.

Cup win, second in the league and won the Champions League in my first season, ended up then being pillaged by the big teams of europe for a huge chunk of my squad.

Only intended to stay anywhere for one season at a time but £200 million transfer funds and £1 million available for wages kept me interested.

So I went fucking nuts, Signed De Vrij, Immobile and Anderson from Lazio, Fabinho and Bakayoko from Monaco and probably some other players I've forgot.

Don't think goal scoring is going to be much of an issue this season...

My defence should improve when my 2 main centrebacks come back from the Olympics as I've been playing young lads thus far.

596472b2ccae9_Goalscoring.thumb.jpg.6f5954b5c032f8553aeb966d6631c9e7.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So it's preseason in July 2029, I'm skimming through my news while waiting to hear if a few bids have been accepted when I spot an U18s result that surprises me... Shout out to Josh Ryder who managed to get a 7 in a match where his team conceded 15.

DFz6ttKXoAAdgUv.jpg