Football Manager 17

Andrew

Aye it's bullshit, Felipe Vizeu has been stalked by bigger clubs since I bought him and it's cost me wages and promises to keep him. Despite him being a top striker, he doesn't feel there's enough quality up front so I signed Gabriel Barbosa for £32m. 

Not good enough, Vizeu still wants the strike force strengthened. I've the best attack in the league, he's the league's top goal scorer, There's strength in depth all over the pitch. How can I make him happy? Oh aye, here's another £20k a week and a signing on bonus that it more than some clubs spend on a player.

:huff:

Aye it's very frustrating tbh, I've got 2 players that are unhappy now starting for me as I refused to pay them 10m loyalty bonuses in their new contract (bearing in mind I had already agreed to increase their wages from around 60k to 150k and increased all their other clauses). I think what's doing my head in is just getting the fucking thing after every game, "Coric puts on show for Madrid" etc okay I get it put in a fucking bid then.

I'm also a bit frustrated that they still haven't fixed the issue where the computer seems to accept far lesser bids from other computer sides than human controlled teams, they also consistently low ball the fuck out of human players, Arsenal have unsettled Timo Horn by bidding 22m for him with only 14m up front but the blokes valued at 35m and isn't transfer listed.

Do you reckon it's actually like this or has the game taken it too far?

EDIT - also, I always found that once you've cemented your position as one of the most reputable clubs in the world, this sort of thing tends to happen less.

I think it's over the top, I'm having blokes sign a contract and then ask for a new one less than 3 months later (Lozano signed for me in July and was asking for a new deal less than 8 games into the season). 22 out of my squad of 25 have asked for new deals this season, majority of which have asked for fucking ridiculous deals to the point that 6 of them have demanded to be transfer listed (asking for 260k a week when their prior deals were 65k-80k range), Goretzka demanding I improve the midfield despite having constant bids from Man City, PSG, Real Madrid, Barca and Bayern for my midfielders :lol:. I've always found contracts to get well out of hand with the quality regens (alot of them also get really good really quick) but this year the players seem to be like that from the start.

Edited by Howay

:lol: Fucking hell... not sure I want to continue beyond the first season after all, just sounds massively aggravating.

How do you keep them all happy? Do you give them the contracts they want?

I don't, I rule with an iron fist.

I nab them with contract extensions when I need them around october/march when we're far enough from a transfer window that no major interest is happening and they've got over their sullks from the previous windows.

I'f they get particularly whiny I ensure I do not sell them to their preferred destination, like Mbemba, who wanted to go to barcelona, so I sold him to wolfsburg.

I don't, I rule with an iron fist.

I nab them with contract extensions when I need them around october/march when we're far enough from a transfer window that no major interest is happening and they've got over their sullks from the previous windows.

I'f they get particularly whiny I ensure I do not sell them to their preferred destination, like Mbemba, who wanted to go to barcelona, so I sold him to wolfsburg.

:lol: spectacularly petty. :good:

:lol: Fucking hell... not sure I want to continue beyond the first season after all, just sounds massively aggravating.

How do you keep them all happy? Do you give them the contracts they want?

:lol: I'm just having a whinge really it's not usually this bad, my 2nd season wasn't anything like this and I won the title but for some reason my 3rd season has been a nightmare (I've always found the season after a title win challenging so it could be the game just trying to make it a pain?).

I'm refusing to give them the contracts they want and most are moaning but I can't give them the deals they want or the clubs finances will be a mess :lol: They've all got 3-4 years on their current deals anyway and they're performing well enough, I'll let you know if there's more issues with them though. I've had my captain talk to most of them and it has worked on occasion but then they usually come back again 2 month later.

The best way to handle it is to just make sure you're scouting well so that you have replacements lined up (as Andrew was on about earlier), or have a young replacement already on your books out on loan, I'm in a position where I'm not at all concerned about anyone leaving but it does make building a cohesive team a pain in the arse.

:lol: I'm just having a whinge really it's not usually this bad, my 2nd season wasn't anything like this and I won the title but for some reason my 3rd season has been a nightmare (I've always found the season after a title win challenging so it could be the game just trying to make it a pain?).

I'm refusing to give them the contracts they want and most are moaning but I can't give them the deals they want or the clubs finances will be a mess :lol: They've all got 3-4 years on their current deals anyway and they're performing well enough, I'll let you know if there's more issues with them though. I've had my captain talk to most of them and it has worked on occasion but then they usually come back again 2 month later.

The best way to handle it is to just make sure you're scouting well so that you have replacements lined up (as Andrew was on about earlier), or have a young replacement already on your books out on loan, I'm in a position where I'm not at all concerned about anyone leaving but it does make building a cohesive team a pain in the arse.

I try to get the captain to talk to them and if that doesn't work it's normally the "there's plenty time on your contract" shtick.

:lol: I like that, I'm now intentionally trying to fuck Dortmund over as they were the ones that unsettled Horn originally, refused to sell Pulisic to me for less than 72m but then let Spurs have him for 35m (they accepted the Spurs bid before rejecting my 40m bid) so that's my pettiness but I might add your bit in too.

I try to get the captain to talk to them and if that doesn't work it's normally the "there's plenty time on your contract" shtick.

I rarely use that one as I worried it'd just lead down a bad road, I've had some success with the "let's wait until the end of the season" but that's just delaying it. It's pretty annoying that you sometimes get completely cut off at the knees in those chats with the responses and it leads you down a road of responses that you've no chance of it ending in anything but the player being transfer listed.

Are both you and Dortmund in the CL? And maybe Spurs aren't? Could that be a reason why they rejected your bid? I'm just trying to determine if the game is just snidey.

All 3 are in the CL, they even played each other in it this season. I've always found the game demanded more money from your team and bid lower for your players than they do for each other. So it's probably just that mechanic continuing but I've been pretending it's because I sort of done them over in the deals for Passlack and Mor.

I rarely use that one as I worried it'd just lead down a bad road, I've had some success with the "let's wait until the end of the season" but that's just delaying it. It's pretty annoying that you sometimes get completely cut off at the knees in those chats with the responses and it leads you down a road of responses that you've no chance of it ending in anything but the player being transfer listed.

If the "loads of time" doesn't work I just promise to talk at the end of the season, source their replacement, and bin the whiny cunts off.

If the "loads of time" doesn't work I just promise to talk at the end of the season, source their replacement, and bin the whiny cunts off.

Yeah seems about the best tact. I'm just whinging because I'm quite liking how my side plays with Coric but know I'm going to have to sell him, I'll be forcing them to break the world record to sign him mind.

Yeah seems about the best tact. I'm just whinging because I'm quite liking how my side plays with Coric but know I'm going to have to sell him, I'll be forcing them to break the world record to sign him mind.

Malcolm is decent on mine, but works best from the flanks.

so that's probably of no use. 

you're welcome.

Kuki?

Malcolm is decent on mine, but works best from the flanks.

so that's probably of no use. 

you're welcome.

Kuki?

Aye I've got Kuki away out on loan until the end of the season and he's about ready to step up now, I also bought a Brazilian kid called Evander from Vasco Da Gama for about 15m in January who has been canny everytime I've played him. One of them will probably be the replacement.

The issue is Coric's passing is ridiculous, he's always got the most key passes and has 29 assists in 40 games this season, so I don't imagine I'm going to get a like for like.

Aye I've got Kuki away out on loan until the end of the season and he's about ready to step up now, I also bought a Brazilian kid called Evander from Vasco Da Gama for about 15m in January who has been canny everytime I've played him. One of them will probably be the replacement.

The issue is Coric's passing is ridiculous, he's always got the most key passes and has 29 assists in 40 games this season, so I don't imagine I'm going to get a like for like.

Aren't you tempted to just keep him? I mean, how destabilising could he possibly be?

And if he's really that good, why not just give him the money (assuming you can afford it).

Aren't you tempted to just keep him? I mean, how destabilising could he possibly be?

And if he's really that good, why not just give him the money (assuming you can afford it).

Aye I'm going to try but as I've said before I don't want to be rejecting 100m+ bids, it may even be out my hands at that point if the chairman just accepts it. If they sulk enough it can get pretty crap mind, their form significantly dips and they stop turning up for training etc, it can even start to effect other squad members and have them start dropping in morale as well.

Coric isn't one of the ones just demanding money, I asked what it would take to convince him to stay, he said a CL win so I chose the option that we'd win it next season which wasn't good enough apparently which is odd as we'd just knocked Real Madrid out of the QF with a 7-3 aggregate win :lol:. He was asking for an improved contract as well but he wouldn't negotiate after the CL discussion, the petulant little bitch. There's a chance we could win the CL this season though so maybe if I manage to win that he might chill out. 

Odegaard if you can get him, since Madrid are trying to get coric stick him in on the swap

Odegaard if you can get him, since Madrid are trying to get coric stick him in on the swap

Good shout, funnily enough I'd completely forgotten about him. Probably the most similar type of player I can get for reasonable money, my new hope is to mug them right off and get 80m + Odegaard for Coric. Cheers.

Transfer window for 20/21 done and I'm feeling good about this season.

Lost no major players and was able to add some class/depth to some other areas for a big campaign. I bought most of my players from Barca oddly

Rulli/Costil

Fuchs/Yedlin (this has been the same since season 17/18, no need to change either of them)

Semedo/San Jose

Koulibaly/Manolas(a steal from Barca at 9 million)

Lazaar/Alonso (the one at chelsea irl)

Sarr has been loaned out to get some football as he wasn't developing well enough behind my immovable first choice defensive pairing.

Samper/Shelvey

Tielemans/Berge

Sturaro/Cataldi(another barca cast off, 10 million, bargain)

Anita left for Ajax for 7 million, at 31 and not as good as any of my other midfielders its no loss. Sturaro got a big injury just at the end of last season and isn't fit yet, time will tell if he's dropped behind Cataldi in the starting 11 stakes as a result.

Berardi/Odegaard(less than 3 million, hes been constantly loaned out, delighted to have got him, I've tried to sign him every season since the first)

Pereira/Felipe Anderson(the last of my barca signings at 17 million hes the most expensive but is a certain star, absoultely brilliant player)

Barbosa/Dolberg

Odegaard as a backup/rotation option for Berardi is fantastic, especially as Berardi is my preferred backup striker as well, most of my front 6 can play in 2 of the 3 positions and can all interchange pretty much at will with no loss of quality.

Really strong squad that Andrew, good balance in it.

I just finished the summer 2019 window, ended up winning the CL and came 3rd. Coric and Horn dropped their transfer demands. 

I got tons of bids for my players over the summer but they were all shite, the only one of note was 35m for Mane from China but he turned them down. Since I didn't sell some of the players I was expecting too my squad is bloody massive so I've again done a Chelsea and have 20+ out on loan. My squad:

GK: Timo Horn / Diogo Costa (got 3 highly rated regen keepers out on loan)

RB: Clyne / Passlack

CB: Joe Gomez / Niklas Sule / Jonathan Tah
LB: Moreno / Ryan Sessegnon

CM: Goretzka / Henderson / Grujic / Brannagan / Wijnaldum (about 5 regens between CM and AMC out on loan)

AM and wings: Lozano / Bailey / Firminho / Mane / Evander / Kuki / Coric (Emre Mor and Gonzalo Maroni both out on loan)

Striker: Origi / Maximiliano Romero (Dolberg, Ben Woodburn, Lautaro Martinez, and Facundo Colidio all out on loan, Colidio is brilliant and was only 8m if you can get him)

Origi, Firminiho, Coric, Lozano, Sule, Horn, Dolberg, Kuki and Colidio were all subject to multiple piss taking bids throughout the window. I was almost hoping I'd get a proper bid for some of my players as their replacements I've had on the books for a while are ready to replace them :lol: . I've kept the defence pretty good depth wise but midfield and up front needs thinning out.

Started a new save and I'm going to try and develop more talent from the club.

I'll likely buy one or two in the 1st summer because I already know what weaknesses Newcastle have.

Fuchs.

Scouts don't seem that impressed with him. Say's he'd be a good signing, bu they didn't get as excited as they did for Berge

Berge does have higher potential, didn't get close to it in my last save though.

Fuchs is 23/24 in my current save now and worth nearly 30 million