Prolapsed Anus Eaters v Preston North End - 25 Oct @ 19:45

Happy Face

Predict The Score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preston reserves or not that was a fucking howking, they were barely in our half at any point. Some of their first teamers played as well so that'll have done their confidence the world of good.

I hope we see a Gayle hat-trick and another high scoring win on Saturday.

I'd actually like to see us get Hull in the next round, see how we stack up against one of the lower PL sides.

We'd obliterate Hull man. I genuinely think this team wouldn't get relegated from the PL. We'd not be great, but look at the shite down the bottom end...

We'd obliterate Hull man. I genuinely think this team wouldn't get relegated from the PL. We'd not be great, but look at the shite down the bottom end...

I agree, but it would just be nice to see. Especially as the mackems are currently 'pissing' themselves that we're all so excited about beating Preston reserves, so it would be nice to piss on their cheesy chips and pump a 'PL' side. I find it a bit odd they're somehow trying to make a 6-0 win by us into some weird point scoring thing, as if they wouldn't enjoy their rabble beating anyone's reserves at the minute.

for the record, I ate my first cheesy chip, with Garlic, in Gosforth. don't know what all this cheesy chip hating is about tbh.

Great win, but as much as I love Mitro he doesn't do himself any favors in front of Rafa (who I think clearly isn't endeared). Silly yellow and a lot of craziness again (which I like to see!)

I just looked up a Preston forum because of what you put about them thinking they were going to win at the weekend, :lol: fucking hell man, a fair few of them keep saying we're over-confident, while it's a possibility it's yet to be seen in the last 10 games or so, so I don't see why they suddenly expect a team to roll up and expect a win before getting beat. I think it's far more likely they're going to see a team of players consisting of lads who just saw their back ups win 6-0.

It would be typical Newcastle to go and lose on Saturday like. Rafa and his men are turning us into a very well oiled winning machine at the minute but Newcastle being Newcastle I'll always try to guard against getting carried away. Having said that I'm finding myself genuinely looking forward to the next game as soon as the previous one has finished, something I haven't done for yonks

Took the bairn, she absolutely loved that, mind, especially after watching those pardew/McLaren shit shows. She loved Mitro's dance as well at the end. :D

:lol:

Same, took the 6yr old laddie for his first game, he absolutely loved it.

He's expecting 6-0 howkings every game now.

He'll learn.

Another great performance and a cup quarterfinal to look forward to. No doubt we'll be right up for it. Really enjoyed the 2nd goal from Mitro. 

People talking about how we're likely to mess it up on the weekend against the same opposition. And I agree that would be typical nufc. So its a real test for this team though, and for Rafa. You'd think he'd be very particular about guarding against complacency and confidence must be very high right now.

Enjoy this while we can :nufc: 

Nice to see the quality of our football is improving.  So far this season it's been more functional and efficient but the last three home games has seen us play some very nice stuff.  Of course last night was against 10 men and a weakened team from them, but we'd made plenty of changes too.  It's just our backup players could walk into any team in the championship whereas most other clubs in the championship have league 1 & 2 standard players in reserve.

I was really impressed with all the players who came in last night.  I think (even considering that miss) it was easily Diame's best game and Mitro showed exactly why people want to see him play.  He held up the ball well and brought others into play.  I would love to see him and Gayle together as I think Mitro would help Gayle score even more.  Mitro's second goal was a joy and reminded me of Pedro's goal in the Cox promotion season (against Citeh?).  I thought him wanting to take the pen was fine and he reacted well to Ritchie standing firm (Ritchie did exactly the right thing if he is the designated taker).  And him dancing at the end was brilliant.

The only downside of the night was seeing Hayden's shot come back off the post.  That would have been a belting goal.

Hopefully Wolves taught us something after the QPR win and we wont make the same mistake again.  Especially as I'm going down there on Saturday.