Pne fans in ale and peace

pnefan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a pop up bar which features instillations from local artists on top of an old multi story car park in Peckham that I go to a fair bit in be summer, I confess.

That's so 2013.

sydenham has started to go that way so it wouldn't be the biggest shock. where next? a a trip to penge for all your pop up vegan crunk needs

Edited by Dr Gloom

Evening, actually morning!

Not sure what I can do to convince people I'm not Rich the landlord but just a very grateful patron who is grateful for what Rich and his family have done for Preston ale/pub wise over the last five/ten years. They've rescued and transformed two pubs and a music venue into great places for beer, food and music whilst keeping each place's traditional features.

The Moorbrook was just another mediocre pub serving middle of the road Thwaites beer to mostly old men. It's now a vibrant yet traditional ale house coupling the old guard with many new regulars including myself. It gets beers in that nowhere else in Preston can hope to sell and doesn't charge the earth for them which is very easy to do in these days of 'craft'. Newcastle will n doubt have many places like this and in fact a mate of mine popped into The Moorbrook on Wednesday night having returned from a stay over after our match the evening before. He showed some pictures of two great looking places under the Tyne bridge including one that had a mural of Michael Caine painted on the wall. Will have to check them out in April.

Anyhow I won't go on. I'll be in on Saturday wearing an all white 2001 playoff final 'BAXI' sponsored shirt. See you Saturday!

Tie Rich the landlord to a seat, dressed in an orange jumpsuit and video him reading a statement declaring that you aren't the landlord. You should be stood behind him with your face obscured, holding a machine gun.

Tie Rich the landlord to a seat, dressed in an orange jumpsuit and video him reading a statement declaring that you aren't the landlord. You should be stood behind him with your face obscured, holding a molten hot slice of pizza.

Post a picture of yourself holding a piece of paper saying "I'm not Rich the landlord"

Not sure how I can post the picture without having to upload it somewhere to get a 'url' to post.

However instead here's a picture of me from 1996 when I'd just taken up banging a drum as part of the infamous 'town end band'. I'm the one on the left in the 'BAXI' top.

CeA268tW0AAy4QY.jpg