Pne fans in ale and peace

pnefan

Lol, it's thankfully not really a 'hipster' joint due to the number of regulars who frequented the place when it was a traditional Thwaites pub serving mild and best returning when it reopened. It's just a great pub with a great atmosphere doing things a bit different and a lot better than the rest of those in Preston. There's Moorbrook Pilsner, Edlestoff, Paulanher, Stella and Thatchers for the non-bearded amongst you  :ok:

I can walk from the station to the Moorbrook in 15mins and if you're heading to The Adelphi, a wanky student chain pub, you're only five minutes from the MB.

Those wanting to split the journey into two and keep it 'aletastic' so to speak may want also consider The Guild Ale House  on Lancaster Road in the City Centre (PR1 1DD). This is a new(ish) micropub serving 5 cask and 4 keg beers with a shed load of bottled and canned craft, Belgium and German beers in the fridge. It is a 5/6 minute walk from the railway station and the landlord Gary tries his best to keep prices down with all cask ales £3 or less.

If it's on the way to the ground from the station there's a fair chance we might make it there.  Assuming we can still see by that point.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would probably get more people coming if you were just honest about it. I'm not going to the game but if I was I'd be more likely put off than come in based on this sort of malarkey.

No problem with an honest landlord advertising his place.

cba he does the same on every forum, no harm in it for this and obviously might service a few fans (and he even used the tags properly)

plus i'm too busy atm someones going to have to raise the bar this week to make me put in the cyber reducer :lol:

some fucker has to go and find out if he was lying to us about this place though, can't be left hanging with the mystery of the pizzas

The mystery of the pizza deepens

My wife's a prestonian and I tell you what, if Preston has 1 thing that's any good and worth being PP of (and no its not the big bus station), it's the ale and pubs like this one. Well recommend a visit if you're going.

My wife's a prestonian and I tell you what, if Preston has 1 thing that's any good and worth being PP of (and no its not the big bus station), it's the ale and pubs like this one. Well recommend a visit if you're going.

Fucking hell, do you work there as well like?

It's a conspiracy Gloom.

Although this place sounds right up your street to be honest. Pizza and hipster beers. If they had waitresses on hover boards you'd never leave.

Gloom burnt his lips eating pizza before it was cool.

Thangew thangew.

I'm here all week

It's a conspiracy Gloom.

Although this place sounds right up your street to be honest. Pizza and hipster beers. If they had waitresses on hover boards you'd never leave.

Just because I've got an instant hot water tap and a hover board doesn't mean I'm a hipster. I've never worn women's jeans or sported a comedy moustache or beard. And I only frequent pop up avocado bars at weekends.