PNE v Rafa's repulsive ringpiece rimming retards - Sat 29/10 @ 3pm

Happy Face

Predict the score  

36 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Saturday sees United face Preston for the second time in five days, as Rafa's side bid for a sixth successive league victory - and their third in a row on the road.

Kick-off is at an old-fashioned 3pm.

Where: Deepdale PR1 6RU (23,408)

Nearest railway station: Preston (1.8 miles)

Return mileage from SJP: 275 miles

The 5,600 travelling supporters are housed behind the goal at the north end of the ground in the Bill Shankly Kop (formerly the Fulwood End aka Spion Kop).

When: A damp and chilly Monday night in November 2009 saw Kevin Nolan maintain his scoring knack to help United to a 1-0 win they just about deserved.

This our first Saturday visit there since a 0-2 loss during our promotion season of 1964/65.

Betting:

Coral are offering 6/1 to new punters that Dwight Gayle will end the season as Championship top goalscorer (maximum £10 stake) New customers can claim £20 in free bets when they sign up and wager at least £5 Team: Daryl Murphy, Jesus Gamez, Achraf Lazaar, Rolando Aarons and Massadio Haidara are in varying stages of recovery from ailments while Rob Elliot was pictured in full training earlier this week.

Cheick Tiote remains with the squad but hasn't been included in the last six squad. Jack Colback is a doubt after taking a blow in the face against PNE on Tuesday night that required hospital checks.

Paul Dummett, Matt Ritchie and Jonjo Shelvey are all one caution away from suspension.

PNEFC: Alex Baptiste and Marnick Vermijl are both available after being cup-tied, while Jermaine Beckford and Aidan McGeady could both return after injury.

Alan Browne is banned following his red card at SJP.

Although a much-changed PNE side were beaten out of sight in the EFL Cup, their recent league form is strong, unbeaten in six Championship outings during which they've claimed the scalps of Aston Villa, Huddersfield Town and Norwich City.

Since opening the season with a trio of home league losses, North End have won four on the bounce at Deepdale - conceding just one goal in the process.

Referee: Chris Kavanagh - a nice short journey for the whistler whose day job is as a referee development officer at the Manchester FA. This is his second toon appointment this season after the 1-1 draw at Villa.

UK TV: None

Overseas TV: None (tbc)

UK Radio: None

Local Radio: Live on BBC Radio Newcastle (available worldwide via NUFC TV club subscription service).

Stats:

Magpies @ Deepdale - Post WW2:

2009/10 won 1-0 Nolan

1980/81 won 3-2 Rafferty, Shinton 2

1979/80 lost 0-1

1978/79 drew 0-0

1964/65 lost 0-2

1963/64 lost 0-3

1962/63 lost 1-2 Hale

1961/62 won 1-0 Woods

1960/61 won 3-2 White 3

1959/60 won 2-1 Eastham, OG

1958/59 won 4-3 Franks, White 3

1957/58 lost 1-2 White

1956/57 lost 0-1

1955/56 lost 3-4 Hannah, White 2

1954/55 drew 3-3 Hannah, Milburn, White

1953/54 drew 2-2 Keeble, Milburn

1952/53 lost 1-2 Brander

1951/52 won 2-1 G.Robledo 2

1948/49 lost 1-2 Taylor

Latest Championship Fixtures:

Fri 28.10.2016:

QPR v Brentford (7.45pm)

Sat 29.10.2016:

Barnsley v Bristol City (3pm)

Brighton and Hove Albion v Norwich City (3pm)

Cardiff City v Wigan Athletic (3pm)

Derby County v Sheffield Wednesday (3pm)

Fulham v Huddersfield Town (3pm)

Ipswich Town v Rotherham United (3pm)

Leeds United v Burton Albion (3pm)

Reading v Nottingham Forest (3pm)

Blackburn Rovers v Wolves (5.30pm)

Sun 30.10.2016:

Birmingham City v Aston Villa (Noon)

NUFC to Score
0 - TheGingerQuiff
1 - Kevin Carr's Gloves, wykikitoon, StoneColdStephenIreland, Dickie, Renton, @yourservice, LooneyToony, SpartaFC
2 - Happy Face, Rayvin, David Kelly, The Fish, ewerk, Anorthernsoul, tooner, ToonMarshy, ohhh_yeah, barnabox, Kitman, acrossthepond, ChezGiven
3 - Andrew, Tom, Monkeys Fist, MiddleAgeCool, Dr Gloom, McFaul , strawb, Ant, scoobos, Dougle
4+ - Howay

NUFC to Concede
0 - Happy Face, Rayvin, The Fish, Kevin Carr's Gloves, wykikitoon, ewerk, Tom, Howay, Anorthernsoul, tooner, Dr Gloom, Renton, strawb, Kitman, acrossthepond, LooneyToony, scoobos, Dougle, SpartaFC
1 - Andrew, David Kelly, StoneColdStephenIreland, Monkeys Fist, Dickie, MiddleAgeCool, McFaul , Ant
2 - ToonMarshy, ohhh_yeah, barnabox, @yourservice, ChezGiven
3 - 
4+ - TheGingerQuiff

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We should beat these 2-0, which is what I've gone for on here.

However, football is shit, so I've put money on them to beat us and both teams to score.

5-0 to Rafa's winnet lickers. Preston's manager sounded about as excited for this as I would at an appointment for having my kneecaps drilled, no doubt his lack of enthusiasm will filter to his shite players.

I hope you're right mate - it wasn't so much the scoreline, just the level of bravado we're now showing :D I was accused of it the other day myself ;)

Edited by Rayvin

:lol: We should enjoy it while we can tbh, when was the last time we could be confident going into games? May as well make ridiculous claims, they've been coming off for a good amount of the season so far.

5-0 to Rafa's winnet lickers. Preston's manager sounded about as excited for this as I would at an appointment for having my kneecaps drilled, no doubt his lack of enthusiasm will filter to his shite players.

:lol:

Guessing Grayson was just trying to foster any nascent complacency in our lot, maybe lay the challenge down to his lads? I'd be staggered if we had as easy a time against Preston's 1st team at their place when their pride is at stake, as we did against their reserves at our place.

That said, apparently Aleksandar is ablaze and their back four are shitting themselves. :MITRO:

Edited by The Fish