Battlefield 1

Rayvin

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't bothered with much of the story mode, what I played was good.  But honestly, it's always been pretty thin in BF games and I don't think it should really play a part in your decision to get the game.  

Got it at the weekend. I'm fucking awful at it, but loving it.

I'm dotbum on ps4 if anyone needs cannon fodder for their squad.

I'll add ya in a bit. I'm not great either so don't worry.

Got your match invite last night but went for a quick nap and woke up 10 hours later.  <_<

I'll be on a lot now as I'm taking a few days off.  Assuming I don't put the controller through the screen soon.

No worries, I assumed you'd stopped playing for the evening. I'm mostly playing the Rush mode at the moment.

Which class are you using?

Edited by Rayvin

I'm using Assault at least until I'm competent at combat.  There are too many Scouts as it is, but I can see the value of Medics and Support.

Just went 1 for 20 in my last match (playing Conquest), can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Using the MP18 optical right now.  Even if I get the drop on an opponent, I often lose the firefight.  I might just be aiming too high and not accounting for recoil.

Going to do some more reading now, though I've already read quite a bit.

I'm using Assault at least until I'm competent at combat.  There are too many Scouts as it is, but I can see the value of Medics and Support.

Just went 1 for 20 in my last match (playing Conquest), can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  Using the MP18 optical right now.  Even if I get the drop on an opponent, I often lose the firefight.  I might just be aiming too high and not accounting for recoil.

Going to do some more reading now, though I've already read quite a bit.

I started off with a Medic and am now using Assault. 1 for 20 does suggest that something untoward is going on though... I'm usually around par 15-15 on average. I make up for not being great at killing people by going for the objectives.

I don't think the machine guns are great for the assault - the shotguns made a hell of a lot of difference for me. You can blow someone away in two shots as long as you're close enough. Obviously that means you have no range to speak of, but again, playing the objective rather than to kill means I tend to run into a lot of close range enemies anyway.

Yeah I'm the same as regards PTFO, so I do tend to get in a lot of close combat spots.

1 for 20 is bad even for me, I think my KDR is something like .4 but I tend to get a lot of my kills in vehicles.

Yeah I'm the same as regards PTFO, so I do tend to get in a lot of close combat spots.

1 for 20 is bad even for me, I think my KDR is something like .4 but I tend to get a lot of my kills in vehicles.

Having a good squad counts as well. I normally play with a couple of other guys (though they've both checked out to play FF now :lol: ) and having that dynamic makes you much more effective than just playing with randoms.

Yeah I always play a lot better with a couple of mates.  Feckin' no one talks when it's randoms (which it will mostly be while I'm playing during the day).

Will unlock a shotgun next.  Which model do you recommend?

I always got annoyed with people talking on Call of Duty or GTA. It was mainly high pitched kids either screaming random obscenities down the mic, or playing obnoxious music.

Yeah I always play a lot better with a couple of mates.  Feckin' no one talks when it's randoms (which it will mostly be while I'm playing during the day).

Will unlock a shotgun next.  Which model do you recommend?

Tbf, I don't talk to randoms either :D But I do use party chat if I'm with people I know.

I'm just using the 12g automatic at the moment. No scope, it feels pointless to have one with the shotgun.

It's a really important element in Battlefield because it's a squad-based game and cooperation is crucial.

:lol:

I mostly use the talking option to assist teammates in avenging me when I've been killed:

"The fucker is crouching behind the door just to the right as you enter - hang on, he's moving slightly, he's about to edge his head out, SHOOT NOW!!!"

Very satisfying to watch from my position as a corpse :D

Is that the one where you're kind of "dropped" into the action and if you're killed you respawn and go again?

No it's the kind where you're dropped into a pitch of 22 players and a ball.